The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blush.ox
I have a feeling we wont finish in time, well i guess we will but it'll be extremely rushed :mad2: hate it when teachers dont explain whole chunks of info and just practically ignore it :sigh:

Anyway, As I was saying.
Original post by haydyb123
Anyway, As I was saying.

:teehee: Yes you were weren't you....:tongue:
Reply 102
I'm finding this module the hardest :frown: Maths is my weakest point and the papers exploding with maths!! Just printed off the old specification past papers... so hard :|
Reply 103
Original post by Ecstacy.
I'm finding this module the hardest :frown: Maths is my weakest point and the papers exploding with maths!! Just printed off the old specification past papers... so hard :|

Just keep on practicing, you'll get the hang of it in no time :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by airdoc
Just keep on practicing, you'll get the hang of it in no time :smile:

But whats really getting to me is that... the maths questions are not even similar... they're all different in their own way, please excuse me if im just talking rubbish! :redface:
Reply 105

But whats really getting to me is that... the maths questions are not even similar... they're all different in their own way, please excuse me if im just talking rubbish! :redface:

No problem, hmmm, you'd be surprised, they are quite similar, E.G I'm currently going through that exam pack from page 1, and the questions are SOOOO similar. Trust me, practice, and you'll be ace mate. :smile:
Original post by airdoc
No problem, hmmm, you'd be surprised, they are quite similar, E.G I'm currently going through that exam pack from page 1, and the questions are SOOOO similar. Trust me, practice, and you'll be ace mate. :smile:

which exam pack are you talking about man?
Reply 107
Original post by sportycricketer
which exam pack are you talking about man?

The one on page 1 with all the questions on it

If you haven't already, buy this book!!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Calculations-Level-Chemistry-Jim-Clark/dp/0582411270

Its really helpful for this module. And explains things so much better than the OCR book.

Seriously guys, buy this book :smile:
Original post by jontylol
Does anyone know the criteria for getting an A*. Is it an AVERAGE of 90% in your A2? Or is it some other system

An overall A in the A level off which 270/300 at A2. What did you get in F324??
Thanks, I got 88/90 ums in F324 and I'm not sure what I have in the isas, but i know i need to get full marks in the other evaluative that I'm doing on Monday to get 90% raw marks...
Gonna be tough as this last exam seems a beast!

Thats pretty good! by 90% in the isa do you mean 36/40?? Depending on what you have right now on the ISA I may be able to tell you what you need for an A*...
Reply 111
Yeah thats what i mean. At the minute I have 30/40 for the isas.

hey, congrats on getting that in f324 :smile: thats really great!
have you got any tips on getting this high? im retaking this summer.. i acheived a B last time.. thank-you:smile:
Yeah thats what i mean. At the minute I have 30/40 for the isas.

If that remains at 30/40 that will equate to 40/60 UMS wise which means that the maximum you need (this will obviously reduce if you get higher in ISA) for an A* is 142/150
Reply 113
hey, congrats on getting that in f324 :smile: thats really great!
have you got any tips on getting this high? im retaking this summer.. i acheived a B last time.. thank-you:smile:

i got 88/90 in f324 too. basically, just be confident. I didn't revise things that much, because there's not actually that much information to learn for it. Go through the book, write down stuff you don't know/couldn't remember straight away, do all the questions in the book, and then just practice everything. just standard revision really lol. I was pretty cocky about the exam, because i thought i knew everything there was to know about the topic. thank god i did well, or i would've looked like a complete ass to my class haha
Reply 114
Hey guys

Can someone please explain to me what it means when it says " It is impossible to measure lattice enthalpy directly becuase it is impossible to form one mole of an ionic compound from gaseous ions".

Is that why we use Hess's cycle? and why must the metal and non metal be in gaseous ions?
Reply 115
Its impossible to measure because its impossible to control the reaction as all sorts of things will be created and there will be heat loss etc etc. So yeah we use a hess cycle.

They have to be gaseous ions because thats just the definition of lattice enthalpy :P

Oh right thanks!
Can anyone do the Born Haber of Al203?
My teacher said that if we could do this, we could do anything...It's actually pretty hard:/
Reply 116
hi i was wondering if anyone knew a way to access the markschemes which are on the exam cafe cd as i did not get this cd with my text book is there anywhere i can get this content?
Reply 117
Can someone please explain to me what the hell Enthalpy change of solution is please?

Why do we have to workout the ionic lattice breaking into gaseous ions, and then the hydration of ions?

The book sucks on this part.
Reply 118
Original post by jlcf
Hi, posting the papers here for revision if anyone needs. :smile:

Plus a massive question pack of 147 pages with 124 questions (.rtf files). :biggrin:

Ill update if i have found the Jan 2011 paper and MS.
Jan 2011 paper are here on this link.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30708951&postcount=6
Thanks to Rup! :biggrin:

I was running out of things to do with the lack of past papers because of it being a new spec and all that.
Thank you very much for this!!! :smile:
im soo scared of this paper.....it's standing in my way to medical school :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending