The Student Room Group

Upcoming Edexcel AS Biology: Unit 2 exam on 26 May 2011

This poll is closed

Difficulty level of Edexcel's Biology Unit 2 exam?

VERY EASY, a joke quite frankly. 0%
EASY, nicest paper written. 21%
FAIR, a few odd questions but overall good. 46%
CHALLENGING, tougher than expected but manageable. 29%
VERY HARD, disgusting paper.4%
Total votes: 24
Hello to all AS edexcel biologists. As you are aware, we will be taking the Unit 2 exam in approx. two months (exactly 60 days from writing this).

Of course, some of you may also be taking the Unit 1 exam, however, no discussion on that is permitted in this thread, as we want to keep replies relevant and on topic to benefit sole Unit 2 candidates.

Please keep posts restricted to the following:

Revision resources and materials; excluding past papers* but including reports

Revision techniques

Revision advice

Predictions

Tips from your teachers

Experience from past exams if you're a retaker

If you wish to post thoughts and feelings or any worries you have, feel free to do so but please incorporate the above into your post.

The aim is to cross share everything of relevance from our different locations to help us succeed in the exam.

Again, if you want to reply to this thread saying your looking forward to its replies, remember to incorporate the list from above into it so that everyone can benefit. Thanks for reading and I hope you can add something to this thread.

*because this will lead to a chaotic thread and past papers aren't agreeably as useful to everyone. Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

I have many things for you, including revision notes prepared for getting 120/120, each year we have at least 8 students who get 120/120 by just studying these notes. I have prepared them and i will post them soon..
ok can u plz post them as soon as possible
Reply 3
Ya I'd love to see them, have a feeling this will be harder than Unit 1....
Reply 4
I would be very grateful if you could post them. I don't think I can face taking this exam again unless I have a chance of passing it.

Can I cash in my biology A level with unit 2 as a U grade if I have enough ums from other exams/coursework overall to get an ok grade?
Original post by CIE password
I have many things for you, including revision notes prepared for getting 120/120, each year we have at least 8 students who get 120/120 by just studying these notes. I have prepared them and i will post them soon..

Please post these notes because I need to get 120/120 in particular so that I can pass biology over all...I got an E in unit 1 biology and I am not repeating it now, and I am a senior so this is my last chance...I got a U in unit 3 :frown: but I am repeating it! now for unit 2 I never took the exam before and I am ready to do anything that grantees me a full mark. So please please post these notes...you'll simply save my life :smile:
Reply 6

Is this for SNAB Biology unit 2?

Thanks
Original post by Bright
Is this for SNAB Biology unit 2?

Thanks

Actaully these are for GCE edexcel Biology 6BIO , i don;t know about your syllabus, send my a msg and give me your email, and i will send them to you once they are ready..
Reply 8
hi, i was wondering how much revision people had done for bio unit 2? during the holiday i've started on a big poster for the whole of topic 3. how do other people revise bio?
Reply 9
:smile::smile:

Could you please post these notes and pm me wen you do? :smile:
Reply 10
good luck everyone with the exam :biggrin: oh god i loveeeeeeeee unit 2 lol its much better then unit 1 :biggrin:

Hey can u please pm the notes...thanks:smile:
core practicals are a bitch. here's me hoping for a low grade boundary :smile:
not long left until the exam, i hope you upload the notes as soon as they are finished
Original post by pakizrulez
not long left until the exam, i hope you upload the notes as soon as they are finished

yes please could you upload them
Actaully these are for GCE edexcel Biology 6BIO , i don;t know about your syllabus, send my a msg and give me your email, and i will send them to you once they are ready..

20 days left until the exam....i hope you upload em soon
thanks
I have this exam and I'm ready, well nearly
1 tip- learn your experiments I.e dependent v. Independent v. Control v. Safety measures, it comes up every time
Good luck n hopefully there will be normal questions not Like that stupid circle graph question in unit 1 :facepalm:
Reply 17
Original post by The Polar Dude
I have this exam and I'm ready, well nearly
1 tip- learn your experiments I.e dependent v. Independent v. Control v. Safety measures, it comes up every time
Good luck n hopefully there will be normal questions not Like that stupid circle graph question in unit 1 :facepalm:

do you know where i can find any notes or even a revision guide to include dependent and independent variables , control, safety measures and other details about the experiments ??? ( Self Study Biology :/ )

thanks in advance!!
Original post by johnys000
do you know where i can find any notes or even a revision guide to include dependent and independent variables , control, safety measures and other details about the experiments ??? ( Self Study Biology :/ )

thanks in advance!!

im not sure mate, my teacher gave us all a SNAB profie of all the experiments in the specifications, but the CGP should tell you the independent and dependent variables when you anser some of the exam questions
Reply 19
hey ....can i please have the notes?
would be of great help..exam is next week...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending