The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simon-leeds
Big flaw in these conspiracy theories. If Bin Laden in fact isn't dead... why hasn't he released one of his videos? Why have Al Qaeda confirmed it?

Because these conspiracy theories suggest Al-Qaeda is a US creation.
Its a load of complete nonsense. They cannot even go two days without changing fundemental parts of their story. Choping and changing the story as you go is a sign of bull**** imo. How hard is it for them to establish wether there was a firefight or not? Bin Laden either resisted or he didnt! Theres noway you can make a mistake like that.

It gets even sillier. They apparently killed him retrieved his body and then dumped the ultimate proof of his death into the sea This is the most notorious terrorists for more than a decade and they knew everyone would be demanding proof but they couldnt even hold onto his body for a day or two.
Well, no because surely if he was alive bin Laden could have released a video which would have made the US look ridiculously stupid...

Unless you want to construct a ridiculously far-fetched conspiracy theory...
Reply 2463
Original post by Vikki1805
I don't think we'll ever know if I'm honest. But if they DID kill him, I think they shoulda just kept quiet and told no-one, because now all of Bin Ladens little followers, who saw him as their God! Are going to want to bomb us all. So now everyone's worrying about that.

:lolwut:

Yeah...
Reply 2464
Either way, I want the ****ing truth!
Reply 2465
I definitely believe they killed him in the compound, but for me the only fishy thing is the story of what happened in there. Was he captured then shot dead or is the American story true? The thing is, we will never know.
gee, why do you have to see osama's body before you can accept he was killed? are you also the type of person that believes we didn't go to the moon?
ultimately, the americans didn't want to take him alive with the implications that would bring. the seals wouldnt take a chance that he could be wearing a suicide vest. why does it matter if the story changed? the americans spoke pretty quick to get the news out, but as it was reviewed more details were understood. i'm sure their thoughts were on other things that the small details.
Original post by goonerjack
gee, why do you have to see osama's body before you can accept he was killed? are you also the type of person that believes we didn't go to the moon?

There's no point in arguing with a conspiracy theorist. If you acquire evidence to disprove their theory, they'll either modify their theory or dismiss the evidence as part of the conspiracy.
I believe he's dead, it'd be stupid to assume he definetely wasn't. A slight possibility is that he could be captured and in questioning/torturing, but I don't think that'd be kept well under wraps to be honest.

However, the fact the story keeps changing etc. does make me think something fishy is going on. I'm not a big believer of conspiricies but something seems not quite right about this.
Original post by Jimbo1234

WEAPONS OF MASS DISTRUCTION! They are there! We're 100% sure! Lets go and kill some brown people now!

Good old America. No they can never lie or do wrong! Everything they say is 100% fact. Gulf of Tonkin happened because they said it did!
Original post by Kolo Toure
WEAPONS OF MASS DISTRUCTION! They are there! We're 100% sure! Lets go and kill some brown people now!

Good old America. No they can never lie or do wrong! Everything they say is 100% fact. Gulf of Tonkin happened because they said it did!

Who cares about the reasons, Bin Laden and Saddam were threats and why not stomp all over them and sort out the problem? Oh, because it is easier to be selfish and to ignore these problems....
Original post by Uneschka
assuming you're right, let's analyze the two possible scenarios which follow:
1. He's still free and in hiding
as others have pointed out, why would OBL not take this incredible opportunity to discredit the US? Why would the US take such a huge risk, knowing that their lie could be exposed any moment?
2. He was captured by the US and is being held and interrogated somewhere
in that case, the most important thing would be to keep this fact secret. If they wanted to draw attention away from his alleged death as quickly as possible, as would be advisable in this situation, they failed miserably. If it's all a lie, why lie unconvincingly?
Furthermore, if he's alive but captured, putting him on trial would be the better option, because not only would it discredit any conspiracy theories, but it would have much more image-friendly effect. Being the ones who captured and put to justice OBL is far to strong a card not to play, especially with the elections coming up. (Instead the US are now being criticised for their approach, with many questioning whether the killing is justifiable)
Therefore his death, for all its mysteries, is still the most logical explanation - so I guess you have to be mentally ill not to believe the Bin Laden story :smile:

or he could have been dead already..........

How stupid do you have to be to disbelieve it? All it would take is for bin Laden, if he were in fact still alive, to show his face on al Jazeera or something and the story would be shown to be false... I hardly think the U.S. didn't realise that. Of course he's dead.
Original post by humanrights
or he could have been dead already..........

Really? I logically disprove your so-called theory and all you can come up with is another 'theory'?
Oh wait - you mentioned 'Sheeple', that changes everything! You're so right, please forgive my stupidity!
:facepalm:
Original post by Uneschka
Really? I logically disprove your so-called theory and all you can come up with is another 'theory'?
Oh wait - you mentioned 'Sheeple', that changes everything! You're so right, please forgive my stupidity!
:facepalm:

no problem. all is forgiven.
Original post by LauraMxx
I'm pretty sure they didn't think of him as their God, as muslims believe their is only one God, Allah, and that is the whole reason for the bombings

That's a good point, I worded myself badly. They saw him as their Dictator, well, he WAS a dictator, either way they have been wanting to bomb for ages. But it's now said, it's even more likely they will, again, soon!
Original post by ibysaiyan
Perhaps this was their main objective....

Ithas been all along.
Reply 2479
click here conspiracy theorist

There's more to come of course, the administration is allowing the circulation of data that was found in his thumb drives, or at least what harmless data they could gleam.
I would love to hear the conspiracy for this video.... "its not him, his face isn't showing quiet enough, seems selective".
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending