The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1640
Original post by ??????????????????
I think her name was know because some people recognized the actress and on the dr who wiki, has Madame Kovarian palyed by that actress.

Nice one, thanks man.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
From the DW website, the secret conversation continues

The Impossible Astronaut: "All the secrets you seek can be found here on the Webb"
Day of the Moon: "Found your message. You're alive, but what secrets do you mean my friend?"
Curse of the Black Spot: "I mean I glimpsed him! And may the gods help him or perhaps you can."

What has Robert Webb got to do with Dr who? :O
Can you explain the secret conversation thing?
Oh, and how did it get on the wiki in the first place? :tongue:

Fans pick up the names from the glimpses at the script. Leaks and stuff.

Good point about the repressed or forgotten memories. Another interesting piece of dialogue was the Doctor's constant hints.

In Day of the Moon he chooses to go off on an adventure "You only live once" and in this episode he said "We all have to go some time". He knows something. :holmes:

Just saying how it was linked :P

Memories are proving to be a big part of the plot for the Moffat era.
The Silence, look away and you forget. They edit themselves out your memory.
Last season, numerous quotes. Ie "If it can be remembered, it can come back". "I'll be a story in your head" "The universe, all this time, was seeping into your mind" and the Pandorica remembered a few billion particles of the old universe are just some.
I'll be watching the episode later tonight, I'll give my views on it then :holmes:
So it appears our idea that The Doctor found out whether or not Amy was pregnant last week was wrong, as there would be no reason for him to still be scanning her. Interesting.

I found the episode to be better than I imagined it. It was a nice little romp, although the fact she was a medical thing was way too predictable. But it was an enjoyable ride nonetheless.
Does anybody know why the Tardis was taken? :holmes: Could it be significant or does it just prove the Doctor was having a bad day?
Can plastic centurions have children, anyway?
Oh, and how did it get on the wiki in the first place? :tongue:

Fans pick up the names from the glimpses at the script. Leaks and stuff.

Good point about the repressed or forgotten memories. Another interesting piece of dialogue was the Doctor's constant hints.

In Day of the Moon he chooses to go off on an adventure "You only live once" and in this episode he said "We all have to go some time". He knows something. :holmes:

I think he definitely knows more than he's letting on. He had a meaningful look when Amy said she also worried about him, although that could also be because of the pregnancy scan.

Madame Kovarian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovarian_cancer

Is she the 'physical' cancer to Amy's pregnancy or ovary?

That was a bit of a wild shot. :awesome:

Not as wild some of the fan speculation I've read on here and elsewhere.

And screenshot from next week's episode. Look, it's an aged Rory.

Spoiler

I wonder what's happening in that scene.
(edited 12 years ago)
In which episode? It seems to be taken away next week too :rofl:

This episode, it was removed from the ship and then reappeared in the one through the portal.

EDIT: Perhaps..
Original post by Don'tNod
Does anybody know why the Tardis was taken? :holmes: Could it be significant or does it just prove the Doctor was having a bad day?

In which episode? It seems to be taken away next week too :rofl:

It would be curious, but then it had the Siren glow to it. Maybe it (the Siren ship) had some defence mechanism. :dontknow:

He was having a really bad day but I think the TARDIS was taken away because it was 'hurt'. It looked like it was exploding or something when the Doctor and Captain Avery were in it but before it could heal itself the Siren took it.

Also lol at the Doctor's reaction to getting the TARDIS back.
Original post by sleekchic
i think he definitely knows more than he's letting on. He had a meaningful look when amy said she also worried about him, although that could also be because of the pregnancy scan.

Not as wild some of the fan speculation i've read on here and elsewhere.

And screenshot from next week's episode. Look, it's an aged rory.

spoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiler taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags!
Yeah, but the irritating thing is they've done that. The entire finale with the Doctor being erased was solved by remembering him. If they use that plot device again, it's sort of weak. At least, that's what I think.

But Moffat does love memory. And timey wimey. :tongue:

He's not plastic.

How did Rory have the memories of him being plastic since he is no longer plastic and it never happened?
Original post by ??????????????????
spoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiler taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags!

It's from the Next Time trailer.
He was having a really bad day but I think the TARDIS was taken away because it was 'hurt'. It looked like it was exploding or something when the Doctor and Captain Avery were in it but before it could heal itself the Siren took it.

Also lol at the Doctor's reaction to getting the TARDIS back.

That makes a lot of sense; do we know why she malfunctioned? I think I'm reading into this far too much.

I really did lol aloud when I noticed he was kissing it! :biggrin:
It's from the Next Time trailer.

Didn't know who it was! Now I know it's old man Rory. :frown:
Well, I enjoyed it. But I thought the special effects were a bit... bleurgh. Maybe I'm expecting too much?

Nevertheless, I wanted Rory to die (again) aaaand, he didn't. How many times is it now? 3?
What if the TARDIS was about to explode again (stopped because of the Siren healing powers) and the voice in the next episode, who has killed hundreds of Time Lords, was trying to get it to explode there, lures the Doctor into a trap where Rory, Amy and the TARDIS disapear leaving him stranded and easier to kill?
Nice spot. Never registered with me. I wonder if anything was 'fixed' or healed. :holmes:

The Doctor's reaction was brilliant. Hoping for a gif soon.

Could be that House entity tormenting them both in the TARDIS? We see Amy alone at one point screaming out, so I'm guessing Rory is having similar 'visions' or experiences.

I tried to find the GIF.
I typed in Doctor who kissing tardis gif. As I wrote Doctor who kissing, it suggested Doctor Who kissing games. o.O
Couldn't find it but have this instead.
The first time it 'tried' to explode, the voice (according to Confidential) belonged to the Silence/Silent - not The House voiced by Michael Sheen. I think the TARDIS was about to explode due to the whole unfixed plane thing.

In the next episode the voice seems to be controlling and playing with the TARDIS rather than destroying it.

Definitely think the whole stranded time lord thing is a trap to lure the Doctor.

Rule #1 the Doctor lies. Who writes the script for the Doctor?

:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending