The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If you've got £300 to spare in 5 months, then you can buy a prop replica of 11's jacket XD

http://forbiddenplanet.com/72055-doctor-who-prop-replica-jacket-the-11th-doctor/?affid=dwtv
Reply 1761
That would be so strange :s-smilie: I imagine it would be pretty awful quality as well.

Still, wouldn't say no to it :p:
Original post by ??????????????????
Is it episode 6 or is it 7 with the cliffhanger before the break? Does anyone know how long the break is?

Episode 7 is the cliffhanger and I think the show comes back sometime in September, so the break is about 3 months.
Original post by boba
1)hes not actually a medical dr, I think he disguises him self as one in one of the first episodes and introduces himself as "the doctor" so it sticks as his name since he never tells anyone his real name. but hes not a doctor
2)I think he was disgusted because it was bogeys rather than alien. plus to him time lord is normal and human is alien so it wouldn't by hypocritical anyway..

Original post by Greg1989
in addition to what boba said; its not hypocritical because they wernt time lord bogeys so they are still alien to both him and us, im sure human bogeys would be just as alien and disgusting to him :tongue:

Very true. That said, he's a Doctor of everything - it just made me laugh how he seemed so disgusted when he's seen so many more disgusting things than alien bogeys. :tongue:
Reply 1764
Original post by Rascacielos

Very true. That said, he's a Doctor of everything - it just made me laugh how he seemed so disgusted when he's seen so many more disgusting things than alien bogeys. :tongue:

But he's also a bit of a child, increasingly so in this incarnation.

Eeeew bogeys.
The list of spoilers for the pirate episode from further back in the thread:

Spoiler

I think the ones in bold are fairly obvious but can anybody enlighten me as to the rest? Must have missed them :holmes:

Original post by Aula

Eeeew bogeys.

Exactly. Especially when he wiped them on Amy's arm. That's a really childish thing to do :teehee:
Original post by dirtyoldriver

Spoiler

I think the ones in bold are fairly obvious but can anybody enlighten me as to the rest? Must have missed them :holmes:

Replied in spoiler :smile:
dirtyoldriver

The TARDIS does something "new" that the Doctor didn't know it could do.

A character first seen in the Series 6 opening story returns.

We meet a new race of *****.

Amy has a flashback. About the Doctor dying

A gag from The Curse of Fatal Death is evoked through The Doctor's friendship with a famous psychoanalyst. He talks about Freud. I forget the original episode but i'm pretty sure that's it.

The Doctor gets it wrong, more than once.

We see Amy and Rory sleep together. They cuddle together and go to sleep while the group are in the 'dry room'

The Doctor does something very similar to Amy that he performed in Day of the Moon.

Rory does something we've seen him do a number of times but should really only happen once.

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dirtyoldriver

The TARDIS does something "new" that the Doctor didn't know it could do. Fly off on it's own without the Doctor piloting it

A character first seen in the Series 6 opening story returns.

We meet a new race of *****. Aliens, those dead ones and the Siren

Amy has a flashback. As above poster says, Doctor's death

A gag from The Curse of Fatal Death is evoked through The Doctor's friendship with a famous psychoanalyst. Mentioning Sigmaud Freud, who was also mentioned in the 1999(?) Comic relief special of Dr Who (parody)

The Doctor gets it wrong, more than once.

We see Amy and Rory sleep together.We don't but we see them sent off to bed by the Doctor. See above poster.

The Doctor does something very similar to Amy that he performed in Day of the Moon.

Rory does something we've seen him do a number of times but should really only happen once.

Answers above. No need for spoiler as the episode has been shown.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Aula

Eeeew bogeys.

Very true. Matt Smith does make me laugh, I have to say. I love how he can get himself out of a sticky situation by just talking and making things up as he goes along. True genius.
Reply 1771

I don't think hes a doctor of anything I think thats just what he says when people say "doctor of what" to shut them up.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Answers above. No need for spoiler as the episode has been shown.

With the whole Rory does something we've seen him do lots of times bit.... does that mean dying? Sorry for being a dunce! :tongue:
Original post by boba
I don't think hes a doctor of anything I think thats just what he says when people say "doctor of what" to shut them up.

True, although he might as well be. He knows everything (more or less)!
Towards the beginning of the episode, I've just noticed the witchcraft symbol painted on the ship. Does anyone think this might have significance?

I'm also thinking: I reckon there's more significance to the alien bogey thing than we're lead to think... And the fact that he wipes it down Amy's arm.

And the woman in the Doctor's Wife........... I swear it's the same woman who was in The Eleventh Hour - the one with the little girl and Prisoner Zero.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1775

Towards the beginning of the episode, I've just noticed the witchcraft symbol painted on the ship. Does anyone think this might have significance?

I presume the sailors did it to ward off evil (ie the siren). Like the charms hanging around.
**** I just remembered I had a dream about the silents last night! I "woke up" and saw a silent standing at end of bed, then went back to sleep.

:afraid:

From wiki:

"Medieval Christians believed that the "pentalpha" symbolizes the five wounds of Christ. The pentagram was believed to protect against witches and demons"
Reply 1778
From Moffat's twitter (so not too much of a spoiler)

Spoiler

I take it people have seen the IMDB spoiler about

Spoiler

Latest