Original post by Chad Storm

btw, what r u studyin in Warwick?

MORSE :smile:
Original post by volante
so random!

i like! i hope it's 50/50..

even though i'm not singaporean.. i will want the best for humans... :smile:
Original post by nat898
Dalton Ellis looks v. nice! i'm considering applying there...LOL my senior said vic park was dodgy so it put me off. guess we'll just have to get there and see for ourselves! can't wait!

Haha omg yea I'm super excited for sept too!
Reply 2483
So i put it to you that u were not 'overseas' to study?
Can i safely deduce that u have not been enrolled into an institution of higher education i.e uni?
Therefore u were never in a university environment where there's lectures, seminars, overnight camping sessions in the library to source for material, etc?

the content in my post was in reference to to university situations, not other aspects. If you cannot comprehend simple, unflowery sentences in the form of my post, why then do u even bother to draw my attention with your keyboard warrior antics?

yes, i have somethin to hide. im hiding the shame and anguish i felt when i read both your posts in response to mine. i asked you 4 simple questions and u did the very typical thing of someone who is of low intellect; by redirecting another question to me. abyssmal..

listen, this forum is not about u and me. if u need attention, go audition for a slot on a Channel 8 drama. otherwise, go find a tarantula and release your tensions.

I believe it is you who need the attention with so much anger in your post , bordering on vulgar.

What i mentioned , is that i was shocked to hear it. cause it is not what i have experienced. which is a personal view , which clearly you cant accecpt and have to go on an OFFENSIVE perhaps a former regular is displaying the usual dutch courage?
There is a different between

"its a shocker to hear from chad that singaporean shun each other overseas , whenever i go overseas singaporean are all so easy to spot and cheerful" and
"Stop lieing chad , singaporean are so friendly overseas"

Fact is i did not question your statement , but clearly the narrow minded you think that i am undermining you. Which the closet psychologist in you started judging and making assumption on me with potshot of insult "someone who is of low intellect" "if u need attention, go audition for a slot on a Channel 8 drama"

I have not studied overseas but have been a higher learning environment ;poly , next thing you will be lambasting about how poly is different from uni etc and saying your theories on how it couldnt compare/ all so predictable

and oh did i redirect your question? i clearly answered them , perhaps oh the unflowery you couldnt understand a direct answer. If you need an explanation ill be happy to share

Fact is if you try to show your superiority and be so rude , expect the same treatment
(edited 12 years ago)
@boucy, @chad
guys its getting a tad out of hand. we don't want this thread to be closed.

@Narev,
can i ask how is warwick's engineering program? their offerings of "engineering business management" and "engineering and business studies" are intriguing...
Original post by introverted
@boucy, @chad

agreed. apparently it doesn't need to be overseas. even in the internet some people shun each other. let's all be friends :grouphugs:
Reply 2486
Original post by introverted
@boucy, @chad

@Narev,
can i ask how is warwick's engineering program? their offerings of "engineering business management" and "engineering and business studies" are intriguing...

I don't really know much about it because there hasn't been any Singaporeans doing Engineering there for a long time, unfortunately. I'd say Warwick's ranking in Engineering isn't as good as other Universities, *but* it's up to you, really :smile: After all, there's the Warwick brand name, as well as the WBS position of top business school in Europe.

I do know an Engineering professor who is the uncle of one of the Singaporeans currently at Warwick, but that's a bit out of point...

But Warwick's strengths is probably in Math, MORSE, Law, Accounting and Finance, PPE, Economics, and other humanities subjects.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Narev
I don't really know much about it because there hasn't been any Singaporeans doing Engineering there for a long time, unfortunately. I'd say Warwick's ranking in Engineering isn't as good as other Universities, *but* it's up to you, really :smile: After all, there's the Warwick brand name, as well as the WBS position of top business school in Europe.

I do know an Engineering professor who is the uncle of one of the Singaporeans currently at Warwick, but that's a bit out of point...

But Warwick's strengths is probably in Math, MORSE, Law, Accounting and Finance, PPE, Economics, and other humanities subjects.

yeah i guessed that. UCL offers something similar but it may be out of my reach i think(AAB/C for 3H2/H1).
Reply 2488
Any Singaporeans going to LSE this year for IR? :smile:
hi, i wanna ask, you pay in pounds through bank transfer. So you go to the bank and just transfer? like the bank will do the converting?

sorry i'm so dumb =_= i have no idea how to do all this.
Original post by boucy
I believe it is you who need the attention with so much anger in your post , bordering on vulgar.

Fact is if you try to show your superiority and be so rude , expect the same treatment

ok seriously, stop stalking me :tongue:
Original post by Kammylove
Haha omg yea I'm super excited for sept too!

yeah i know u r! perhaps when u get here, u can shop around for a baby pram for boucy. he has very feeble feet..
Original post by bellameow
hi, i wanna ask, you pay in pounds through bank transfer. So you go to the bank and just transfer? like the bank will do the converting?

sorry i'm so dumb =_= i have no idea how to do all this.

first of all, go monitor the exchange rate for a few days. so at least you know how much SGD you need to convert to get the British pound equivalent.

when u r confortable and ready to make the conversion, go into the bank, get in queue, tell the lady that u want to convert this amount of money into British Sterling Pounds and send it via telegraphic transfer to the university's bank account.

you need to have the bank account number and the sort code of the university.

That's all. Don't thank me. thank Boucy. he knows everything. he's such a baby. that's why we're looking for a pram for him.. any brand recommendations?:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 2493

That's all. Don't thank me. thank Boucy. he knows everything. he's such a baby. that's why we're looking for a pram for him.. any brand recommendations?:biggrin::biggrin:

perhaps when u get here, u can shop around for a baby pram for boucy. he has very feeble feet..

ok seriously, stop stalking me

looks like someone has an obsession with me huh all 3 post trying to talk about me. I guess he is still trying to prove himself.

Anyway @bella , i do not know if its a good idea , i had a friend who studies in the states when to change his money into USD and bank into his acc before payment. He mentioned the exchange rate is better. If is not an hassle you can perhaps look at that option
aww.. dont hate each other d la... thanks for the info..

after i got my conditional letter, this KL agent ask me to liase with her..
suddenly today my sg agent appear back.. zzzzzz...
Don't know what is going on..
Reply 2495
Hi anyone going to Warwick for law this year?
Reply 2496
Harlow. anyone going to newcastle for biomed science?
Reply 2497
Anyone going to Bristol for law next year?! hahah
Reply 2498
Original post by jmism
Any Singaporeans going to LSE this year for IR? :smile:

Im going for Econs. So here's a jumping hi five to a fellow lse fresher. ^5! Have you applied for accom yet?

here, singaporeans shun each other especially when they're doin the same course. cos they see each other as 'threats'. they always act blur and dumb when u need help and require them to redirect u accordingly..

they're very proud to hold the SG passport in London Heathrow airport, flashing and parading it around. they think by doin that, they will receive star treatment. idiots.

but when they meet fellow country-mates who're doin the same course, they shiver and ignore u. they view u as a competitor, an obstacle to them securing theire 2:1 or possible Dean's List honours.

Thought I'd offer my perspective on this very quickly - when I was doing my undergrad course (in Cambridge), I actually found that the other Singaporeans on my course were extremely helpful - there were a lot of notes and answers to past papers being passed around every year, and there was always a support group amongst us (I remember in my final year the Singaporeans and Malaysians in my course had this massive email thread going where we were writing essay plans and bouncing them off each other in the month leading up to exams! And the following year we passed those essay plans down to the juniors doing the same course...)

I suppose this probably varies from course to course, university to university and year to year - but I was very lucky to have had a good support network during my undergrad!

Narev

More often than not, you'll get disruptions / planned maintenance to the London Underground (eg. yesterday got unplanned Piccadilly line delay - which meant had to take an alternative route to Singaporean Embassy, but the Londoners were used to it).

I got stuck in this on Friday as well - the Piccadilly line was fine when I took it (westbound) to the high commission, but was having "severe delays" when I was trying to take it eastbound afterwards - ended up giving up on the Tube altogether and walked across Zone 1 instead. Puts complaints about the MRT system in perspective...

Quick Reply

Latest