The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lizzzle
How clear do I have to make this.

His wife
And daughter
Saw him being killed
Identified his body
Admitted that he was dead.

How do you know it is his wife? Same thing goes with daughter. While every one in PAK, the talebans and Al -Qeada are all under US payroll. Including the Republicans who had previous knowledge (10 yrs old) have decided to support Democratic President. :colone:
Reply 2501
Original post by the realist
You aren't thinking practically....If it's practical to start a war costing billions of pounds to sacrifice civilian and soldiers lives looking for him, then keeping osama bin ladin alive for 5 minutes or providing his body as evidence is actually no great feat....

and you are naive if you think Osamas death would incite more terror then the average civilian death in iraq, afghanistan or palestine

I didn't even talk about the war in Afghanistan, I didn't agree with it then, I don't agree with it now.
This isn't about the war in Afghanistan or any war.
This is about OBL being dead.
Reply 2502
Original post by Dumb Economist
How do you know it is his wife? Same thing goes with daughter. While every one in PAK, the talebans and Al -Qeada are all under US payroll. Including the Republicans who had previous knowledge (10 yrs old) have decided to support Democratic President. :colone:

They were in the house at the time,
his wife was shot/injured during the raid
and she was taken in by CIA.
OBL had many wives but the one who was there was his "favourite" and the youngest, 27 or 28 I believe.
I don't see who else it could have been, you could say it was a random woman - but I very much doubt that just a random woman with no affiliation to OBL would be allowed to be in that compound at night and seemingly spend the night with OBL.
Original post by Lizzzle
OBL had many wives but the one who was there was his "favourite" and the youngest, 27 or 28 I believe.
I don't see who else it could have been, you could say it was a random woman - but I very much doubt that just a random woman with no affiliation to OBL would be allowed to be in that compound at night and seemingly spend the night with OBL.

Assuming it was OBL :colone:

I am just winding up. Too many variables clearly imply that anyone cannot pull this as a hoax.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Lizzzle
I didn't even talk about the war in Afghanistan, I didn't agree with it then, I don't agree with it now.
This isn't about the war in Afghanistan or any war.
This is about OBL being dead.

"errm duuurh whats this got to do with 911 and war in afghanistan?!"

Yes it is relevant, now please explain why it's acceptable for US government to spend billions of taxpayer money finding someone that they care not to provide conclusive evidence is dead.

So it is very relevant, if Osama was just some pakistani no one would give a damn about him, the US kills pakistanis with predator drones all the time and we don't give a damn. So obviously.....the reason for the hype is due to 911, war in afghanistan and the 10 years it's taken to get to him otherwise we wouldn't be talking about this.

It is precisely because of these wars, that the people are owed a better explanation and more evidence. DURRRRRH
Without evidence, you cannot claim the world's most wanted man dead. That's the bottom line, anything on top of that is opinions and speculations.
Reply 2506
"errm duuurh whats this got to do with 911 and war in afghanistan?!"

Yes it is relevant, now please explain why it's acceptable for US government to spend billions of taxpayer money finding someone that they care not to provide conclusive evidence is dead.

So it is very relevant, if Osama was just some pakistani no one would give a damn about him, the US kills pakistanis with predator drones all the time and we don't give a damn. So obviously.....the reason for the hype is due to 911, war in afghanistan and the 10 years it's taken to get to him otherwise we wouldn't be talking about this.

It is precisely because of these wars, that the people are owed a better explanation and more evidence. DURRRRRH

:facepalm2:

I'm not arguing about the war.

When it comes to the war, I would agree that it's a ridiculous amount of tax-payer money thats spent with seemingly no end.
It was started by a different American administration - the current administration has indicated that they were going to start pulling soldiers out of Afghanistan - even before OBL's death, but as a result the speed at which it pulls out will probably increase.

But this isn't about the war, i'm not arguing about the war.
I'm saying that OBL is dead, what America did with his body in the aftermath - I honestly couldn't care about.
Original post by Dekota-XS
Without evidence, you cannot claim the world's most wanted man dead. That's the bottom line, anything on top of that is opinions and speculations.

I agree - Yes Elvis Priestley is alive.
Original post by Lizzzle

erm yeh, in a country where consequenceless murder and assasination(for the US and pkstan gov) is the dish of the day, everyday, do we have to believe every unsubstantiated account of events....?

Well lets seem them, let them come over here and give their story, and hopefully they can provide us more real evidence than the american government of Osama's identity. And by that i mean more than spoken testitmony.
Reply 2509
Original post by Dumb Economist
Assuming it was OBL :colone:

I am just winding up. Too many variables clearly imply that anyone cannot pull this as a hoax.

Lol I figured you were with the :colone: face
Original post by Lizzzle
:facepalm2:

I'm not arguing about the war.

When it comes to the war, I would agree that it's a ridiculous amount of tax-payer money thats spent with seemingly no end.
It was started by a different American administration - the current administration has indicated that they were going to start pulling soldiers out of Afghanistan - even before OBL's death, but as a result the speed at which it pulls out will probably increase.

But this isn't about the war, i'm not arguing about the war.
I'm saying that OBL is dead, what America did with his body in the aftermath - I honestly couldn't care about.

Neither do i care what ultimately becomes of Osamas body provided someone cares to document the proof. Osamas body could be at the bottom of the ocean right now just like you and the US like it, all they had to do was keep him about for a while....and they didn't! and the fact you agree puts you at odds with truth finders world-wide....

The body is always evidence number 1.
Reply 2511
Neither do i care what ultimately becomes of Osamas body provided someone cares to document the proof. Osamas body could be at the bottom of the ocean right now just like you and the US like it, all they had to do was keep him about for a while....and they didn't! and the fact you agree puts you at odds with truth finders world-wide....

The body is always evidence number 1.

I wonder if you wear aluminium foil hats because "they can hear you otherwise"
Original post by Lizzzle
I wonder if you wear aluminium foil hats because "they can hear you otherwise"

So wait because you "believe" the Americans, you are refuting established methods of proving a death has even occurred, let alone it's cause?...and you know if you stick by the validity of these methods and insist on their implementation in appropriate situations they must be a bit strange....

Sorry but your line of thought does not coincide with that of a judges or juries, i'd go so far as to say with your attitude you should not even be allowed to sit on a jury.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2513
So wait because you "believe" the Americans, you are refuting established methods of proving a death has even occurred, let alone it's cause?...and you know if you stick by the validity of these methods and insist on their implementation in appropriate situations they must be a bit strange....

It's not just "the americans" though is it?

It's the military
It's David Cameron,
Tony Blair
The Palestinian president
Pakistan president
Saudi Arabian president
Australian prime minister
and dozens more world leaders.

are they all in on it too?
Reply 2514
you sound ridiculous.
I don't even see how you're trying to justify this with the rule of law.

But since you want to take it down that line - you didn't respond to my post earlier about what would happe if Bin Laden was indeed taken to trial.

You study law? As do I. Surely you would then know that there are exceptions to case law findings, that no trial is ever the same. The law is about being practical just as much as it is about procedures and following the law.

Any trial that would've included Bin Laden would not have been practical or just.
Original post by Lizzzle

It's the military
It's David Cameron,
Tony Blair
Pakistan president
Saudi Arabian president

Well before i make judgements on that, i wish to be privvy to any and all evidence they have used to make that judgement that Osama bin ladin is dead. Furthermore, i would ask, why are they witholding that evidence from their populations?

If you think even most of them are privvy to anything conclusive on this particular issue that isn't directly fed to them from the americans, then you are wrong. They are most likely what we call "towing the official line".

If they know anything we should know, let them speak!! and not in ambigious and very vague terms that usually suffice as a political explanation,
Original post by Lizzzle

It's the military
It's David Cameron,
Tony Blair
Pakistan president
Saudi Arabian president

They're all going by the word of Barack Obama. No evidence has been provided to prove anything yet. I think there should be an inquest into how this operation was carried out by the Americans and whether it was just or not.
Reply 2517

Sorry but your line of thought does not coincide with that of a judges or juries, i'd go so far as to say with your attitude you should not even be allowed to sit on a jury.

Why would Al Qaeda accept that he is dead if he was alive.
Original post by Lizzzle
you sound ridiculous.
I don't even see how you're trying to justify this with the rule of law.

But since you want to take it down that line - you didn't respond to my post earlier about what would happe if Bin Laden was indeed taken to trial.

You study law? As do I. Surely you would then know that there are exceptions to case law findings, that no trial is ever the same. The law is about being practical just as much as it is about procedures and following the law.

Any trial that would've included Bin Laden would not have been practical or just.

I don't study law, but it makes me laugh that you do

So instead they kill him in a different country from the one where he supposedly greatest crime was commited, and care not to even provide due evidence of that punishment to the families and victims of his crimes and the people that have to live in fear of his actions day in day out? Even the Israelis offered more justice to ex-nazis they tried in Israel and if not to the nazis, they gave their own people a sense of justice, and they managed secure a lot of guys alive despite not operating in a complicit country that allows the kidnap, murder and the causing of civil unrest amongst it's citizens. And those trials were STILL illegal.

This is not Obamas nemesis, or the CIAs, it is the people that have lived under the threat of terrorism, the government is first and foremost answerable to the people and their concerns. You can't premise wars, destruction, billions of dollars on the idea of terrorism and a great threat to your people and then willfully keep your people in ignorance or outright decieve them over the results. Even if you are not a conspiracy you should not be happy about this, whether the motivations are sinister or it's incompetence and malpractice to blame.

Facts are facts and as yet:

No WMDs in Iraq
No conlusive proof of Osama death
I don't study law, but it makes me laugh that you do

So instead they kill him in a different country from the one where he supposedly greatest crime was commited, and care not to even provide due evidence of that punishment to the families and victims of his crimes and the people that have to live in fear of his actions day in day out? Even the Israelis offered more justice to ex-nazis they tried in Israel and if not to the nazis, they gave their own people a sense of justice, and they managed secure a lot of guys alive despite not operating in a complicit country that allows the kidnap, murder and the causing of civil unrest amongst it's citizens. And those trials were STILL illegal.

This is not Obamas nemesis, or the CIAs, it is the people that have lived under the threat of terrorism, the government is first and foremost answerable to the people and their concerns. You can't premise wars, destruction, billions of dollars on the idea of terrorism and a great threat to your people and then willfully keep your people in ignorance or outright decieve them over the results. Even if you are not a conspiracy you should not be happy about this, whether the motivations are sinister or it's incompetence and malpractice to blame.

Facts are facts and as yet:

No WMDs in Iraq
No conlusive proof of Osama death

There is evidence of Osama's death. IF you choose to believe it or not is your own problem.

Furthermore, the killing is potentially legal even if they entered another country and shot him, regardless of whether evidence was presented or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending