The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mckinnon94
You remember the dream so it's obviously not a silent. :redface:

By remembered I clearly meant that I woke up with a flashing red thing in my hand which then related the fact I had a dream about a silent!
Reply 1801
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Original post by greeneyedgirl
By remembered I clearly meant that I woke up with a flashing red thing in my hand which then related the fact I had a dream about a silent!

Clearly :yep: I don't know why anyone wouldn't have a flashing red recording device in their hand in this day and age :colonhash:
Original post by Mess.
Clearly :yep: I don't know why anyone wouldn't have a flashing red recording device in their hand in this day and age :colonhash:

I know! Some people need to get with the times :top2:
Reply 1803
Original post by Greg1989
it was after the daleks tried to wipe out the whole of reality, rose had come back to try and warn them all what would happen as it was happened sooner in the dimension she had gone to live in for some reason. Donna was his companion at the time, the doctor by rose is the 'human' doctor that got created when david tennant healed by regeneration but didnt change form as he channeled the energy into the hand he had chopped off when he was first creared. Then donna touched the hand and it made her part time lord in the brain and the new 'human' doctor was grown. This scene is from when rose and the 'human' doctor go back to the world she has been living i think

I don't remember that AT ALL? Did i miss an episode :confused: Thanks anyway
Reply 1804
Original post by Rascacielos

Spoiler

whether soon of in the future he will be back, he is one of the main enemies and as well as coming back after choosing not to regenerate last time, in the past he managed to come back after the daleks executed him in what should have been his final life
Reply 1805
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Only an entire series. Series 4?

I think my memory has been wiped :ninja: I remember daleks, time lord Donna, other stuff from series 4 but not Rose :hmmmm:
Original post by humy369
I think my memory has been wiped :ninja: I remember daleks, time lord Donna, other stuff from series 4 but not Rose :hmmmm:

You don't remember Rose? She was the main plotline at the end of the Christopher Eccleston era and pretty much throughout David Tennant's as well. :facepalm:

Original post by Greg1989
whether soon of in the future he will be back, he is one of the main enemies and as well as coming back after choosing not to regenerate last time, in the past he managed to come back after the daleks executed him in what should have been his final life

Yes, and I expect he will come back. It will ruin Doctor Who for me though.
Original post by Bella Occhi

Spoiler

Perhaps. It would seem to fit in quite well with the whole "Doctor doesn't know business." I'll try not to be too sceptical about it, as long as John Simm doesn't come back.
Perhaps. It would seem to fit in quite well with the whole "Doctor doesn't know business." I'll try not to be too sceptical about it, as long as John Simm doesn't come back.

You don't like him? :zomg:
Reply 1809
Original post by EmManzo
rory the robot was a nestine duplicate who became mentally human coz of amy's funky time energy from the crack. when the world went back to normal, his proper body was restored like the rest of the universe, but he still remembered everything that happened (after a bit) like amy, river and the doctor

:smile:

love dr who

Is there a possibility that there's something more to this line or are we happy to accept that it was the spaceship in the same place?
You don't like him? :zomg:

Yes, I did, but with David Tennant not Matt Smith. I think John Simm's very dark character would clash terribly with Smith's more entertaining Doctor. I might be wrong.

I wasn't really a huge fan of the 'Master' plotline the second time around either. I thought it worked well with Martha, but then with the whole whizzy head, everybody suddenly turns into the Master... and then the Time Lords return business, I just thought: :facepalm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Yes, I did, but with David Tennant not Matt Smith. I think John Simm's very dark character would clash terribly with Smith's more entertaining Doctor. I might be wrong.

Oh, right - yeah, I thought exactly that as well. Apparently JS's Master was designed with DT's Doctor in mind, JS and MS together would be awful :afraid:

I wasn't really a huge fan of the 'Master' plotline the second time around either. I thought it worked well with Martha, but then with the whole whizzy head, everybody suddenly turns into the Master business, then the Time Lords return, I was like....... :facepalm:

I liked the return of the Master, but I thought the Time Lords' return somehow managed to be simultaneously overstated and ridiculous whilst actually at the same time a bit rushed and not made enough of. If that makes sense.
Oh, right - yeah, I thought exactly that as well. Apparently JS's Master was designed with DT's Doctor in mind, JS and MS together would be awful :afraid:

Exactly. Either the Master would suddenly have to become all jolly, which would ruin everything (if there are ever two Time Lords in Doctor Who I will cry. :afraid:), or Matt Smith would have to become all dark and gloomy, which would lose his general awesomeness.

Original post by cambo211

Is there a possibility that there's something more to this line or are we happy to accept that it was the spaceship in the same place?

I was wondering this as well. Perhaps the reference could be to the Doctor knowing that something is wrong (i.e. that Amy knows he's going to die) and that it's staring him in the face, but he can't quite figure it out. It could be metaphorical. Or it could be something more important, like you said.

I liked the return of the Master, but I thought the Time Lords' return somehow managed to be simultaneously overstated and ridiculous whilst actually at the same time a bit rushed and not made enough of. If that makes sense.

Mm. Too many Time Lords for me. I think the idea of the Doctor being the only Time Lord left is what makes Doctor Who - it should be a fixed idea that can't change with any wibbly-wobbly timey wimey stuff. When they start bringing new Time Lords in, it overcomplicates things, and as you said, it was too rushed. The Doctor was just like: "oh hey, Time Lords." *2 minutes of a Doctor-Master-TimeLord stand off* "Right ho, time to regenerate."
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1815
Original post by dioscuri

no problemo :biggrin:

btw isnt ANYONE else curious about this eyepatched lady:

Was also wondering about that. And they've said mirrors are gateways. Maybe somebody was watching them. Kovarian? Silents? Cybermen?

Also the curious thing about mirrors

Lots of pictures in spoiler:

Spoiler

Why so many mirrors? Now the above might be slightly 'out there' and a bit of a wild theory. But we've just had an entire episode about the significance of mirrors. And them being used as portals/gateways.

Nice spot as usual Ape :smile:
Exactly. Either the Master would suddenly have to become all jolly, which would ruin everything (if there are ever two Time Lords in Doctor Who I will cry. :afraid:), or Matt Smith would have to become all dark and gloomy, which would lose his general awesomeness.

I can just imagine Matt not taking the Master seriously and laughing at most of what he says, which would then just ruin the Master as a character - or, like you say, Matt would have to be all depressing and serious a la Tennant. If there were to be a new Master then John Simm would definitely be the wrong choice for this series, even though he said he wanted to come back.

Mm. Too many Time Lords for me. I think the idea of the Doctor being the only Time Lord left is what makes Doctor Who - it should be a fixed idea that can't change with any wibbly-wobbly timey wimey stuff. When they start bringing new Time Lords in, it overcomplicates things, and as you said, it was too rushed. The Doctor was just like: "oh hey, Time Lords." *2 minutes of a Doctor-Master-TimeLord stand off* "Right ho, time to regenerate."

Having said that, the classic Doctor Who had other Time Lords in it - it's only in the new one that they killed them off AFAIK. The Master has long been the Doctor's rival, some might say arch-rival, I don't think it'd be Doctor Who if he didn't come back every once in a while! Another Time Lord every series would be silly though.
According to IMDB, Kovarian

Spoiler

Also while I was IMDBing, I noticed that

Spoiler

Also also, in episode 13 a couple of familiar characters return:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1819
Yes, we've talked about her a lot in the thread. :tongue: Just search 'Kovarian' in this thread for some of the discussion.

how do you know her name?! :O

Latest