Reply 880
Original post by lucygator
leeds is my firm, geography ba :d

sameeee :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by clmcd
What does a Southern accent even sound like?! I'm South-East. By that i mean, Essex. haha :smile:

Erm well I'm from Hertfordshire, I was thinking just an ordinary Home Counties accent really... a bit like Emma Watson (first person that came to mind!)
Reply 882
Original post by Bella Occhi
Erm well I'm from Hertfordshire, I was thinking just an ordinary Home Counties accent really... a bit like Emma Watson (first person that came to mind!)

I'm a Home Counties boy, so you won't be alone, haha!
Reply 883
Original post by clmcd
sameeee :smile:

Ahh, nice :smile: i will (hopefully) be seeing you then!
Original post by James9876
I'm a Home Counties boy, so you won't be alone, haha!

Yay :biggrin: :five: like I was saying though, Leeds seems to be reasonably diverse so I'm sure there'll be plenty of us :cute:
Reply 885

ohhh! my cousins are from herts but im pretty sure they dont speak that differently to me :smile:
Reply 886
Original post by Lucygator
Ahh, nice :smile: i will (hopefully) be seeing you then!

definitely :smile: good luck with everything :smile:
hiya guys,

i've firmed leeds for French and Spanish jh.
anyone got any recommendations for accommodation?
Reply 888

Did emma watson come from hertfordshire? I know rupert grint did. He went to a school near me if i remember correctly. SUre it was Richard Hale. Never met the guy though.

Can't wait to get going to Leeds. Only a few more months now.
Original post by Lovin
Did emma watson come from hertfordshire? I know rupert grint did. He went to a school near me if i remember correctly. SUre it was Richard Hale. Never met the guy though.

Can't wait to get going to Leeds. Only a few more months now.

According to Wikipedia, Emma Watson's from Oxfordshire :holmes: Rupert Grint is from Herts though, in fact he lives about five minutes away from me and apparently his sister goes to the girls' school in town that I have some lessons at :biggrin: Never run into him though, although apparently my sister's friend's friend or some equally distant connection saw him in my town.

I can't wait either :biggrin: Scared to leave, a bit, but looking forward to it a lot as well :h:
Reply 890
According to Wikipedia, Emma Watson's from Oxfordshire :holmes: Rupert Grint is from Herts though, in fact he lives about five minutes away from me and apparently his sister goes to the girls' school in town that I have some lessons at :biggrin: Never run into him though, although apparently my sister's friend's friend or some equally distant connection saw him in my town.

I can't wait either :biggrin: Scared to leave, a bit, but looking forward to it a lot as well :h:

Really? You must live really close to me then. Unless your talking about where he lives now :confused: Oh yeh don't get me wrong, the closer it gets the more nervous i'm getting. Just had a look at the union activties/groups, there's going to be so much I wanna do and not enough time or money LOL. Still can't wait though.
New beginning, new friends and a fresh start. :tongue:
You thinking about doing anything in the activities?
Original post by Lovin
Really? You must live really close to me then. Unless your talking about where he lives now :confused: Oh yeh don't get me wrong, the closer it gets the more nervous i'm getting. Just had a look at the union activties/groups, there's going to be so much I wanna do and not enough time or money LOL. Still can't wait though.
New beginning, new friends and a fresh start. :tongue:
You thinking about doing anything in the activities?

Oh yeah I'm talking about where he lives now :smile: And I know what you mean :afraid: I'm ok now, because I'm thinking about exams, but I think the minute it's confirmed on results day I'll start freaking out majorly!

By activities, do you mean societies? If so - I'm thinking of joining film soc, French soc and knitting soc :h: Maybe anything else that appeals to me at freshers' fair, haha. How about you? :biggrin:
Yayyy have firmed leeds as my unconditional and put lupton as my accommodation choice :wink:
If anyone discovers what's provided at lupton that'd be cool to know as I'm a few hours from leeds so want to avoid lugging stuff up there that's there already. Although apparently there's no mirror in the room at all.
Want to go noooooooow! Having a full time job sucks. Education is so much nicer :smile:
Original post by meggandbeans
Yayyy have firmed leeds as my unconditional and put lupton as my accommodation choice :wink:
If anyone discovers what's provided at lupton that'd be cool to know as I'm a few hours from leeds so want to avoid lugging stuff up there that's there already. Although apparently there's no mirror in the room at all.
Want to go noooooooow! Having a full time job sucks. Education is so much nicer :smile:

Yay another Lupton person :h: I was actually wondering the same thing. Have quoted the Leeds accommodation office person below who should be able to help. I did hear that there was no mirror, apparently most people just buy one themselves and prop it on their desk :K:

accomoffice
x
Do you know what's provided in the Lupton bedrooms and kitchens?

-

Also I was having another look at the societies. Anyone else feeling like joining Real Ale? :awesome: http://www.leedsuniversityunion.org.uk/clubsandsocieties/generalinterest/realale/
Reply 894
Oh yeah I'm talking about where he lives now :smile: And I know what you mean :afraid: I'm ok now, because I'm thinking about exams, but I think the minute it's confirmed on results day I'll start freaking out majorly!

By activities, do you mean societies? If so - I'm thinking of joining film soc, French soc and knitting soc :h: Maybe anything else that appeals to me at freshers' fair, haha. How about you? :biggrin:

I'm thinking of rock clmbing, sky diving, horse riding, zoology, and maybe a sport, and street dance. But there isnt enough hours in the day to do all that stuff. But theyre all the ones that I wanna do. ha ha.
I'm sure they'll be plenty to do in freshers fair though. Just cant wait to finally hand my notice in at work and say enough and start afresh :smile:

Original post by meggandbeans

Awesome hun. I know in the other thread you were debating about Leeds or Sheffield. Glad you chose leeds :biggrin: Lupton is actually really nice, when I stay with my friend (he lives up in lupton) it's a really nice area in Headingly. The accomodation is quite spacious too and the lupton residences are very social. :biggrin: Glad you got it all sorted though hun.
Reply 895
Getting ever closer to firming Leeds (they gave me my offer on 1 April giving me an extra month). Can people perhaps tell me why they firmed Leeds over other universities? It might get me a bit closer to doing it. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 896
Original post by Teh User
Getting ever closer to firming Leeds (they gave me my offer on 1 April giving me an extra month). Can people tell me why they firmed Leeds over other universities, might get me a bit closer to doing it. :smile:

I firmed Leeds because they offered a better course structure for my chosen course. For example, I want to do zoology and Leeds was the only one that offered annual field trips. They have a very good reputation for supporting their students. The city life is amazing and there are a great deal of things to do within univeristy life (activities and groups and societies). The accomodation is pretty damn sweet too. It all depends on what you want. Have you ever been to any of your university open days because that may help you decide OR if you havent i'm sure you can visit the university and have a visit. I think you just have to call them and arrange a tour or something.
Reply 897
Original post by Lovin
I firmed Leeds because they offered a better course structure for my chosen course. For example, I want to do zoology and Leeds was the only one that offered annual field trips. They have a very good reputation for supporting their students. The city life is amazing and there are a great deal of things to do within univeristy life (activities and groups and societies). The accomodation is pretty damn sweet too. It all depends on what you want. Have you ever been to any of your university open days because that may help you decide OR if you havent i'm sure you can visit the university and have a visit. I think you just have to call them and arrange a tour or something.

I visited for an interview, but that was literally a 20 minute stop and I found the area around the campus quite nice if a little busy. I haven't visited York and that's my competing choice. I'm going completely off facilities there and it doesn't seem to be as fair in some aspects such as awarding accomodation and flexibility.
Reply 898
Original post by Teh User
I visited for an interview, but that was literally a 20 minute stop and I found the area around the campus quite nice if a little busy. I haven't visited York and that's my competing choice. I'm going completely off facilities there and it doesn't seem to be as fair in some aspects such as awarding accomodation and flexibility.

Goig completely off the facilities in York or Leeds? Which one's not fair?
Reply 899
Original post by Lovin
Goig completely off the facilities in York or Leeds? Which one's not fair?

Going off the facilities in the prospectus for York some of the methods for accomodation allocation don't seem very fair. First come first serve really isn't fair and the course doesn't seem as flexible but does offer extra curricular stuff that I'd enjoy it seems. I really should visit but I don't have the time to at the moment. I might see if I can go there over this weekend.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest