The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by voodoomagic
Beat Leyton Orient, Blackpool and Man Utd, that's it.

Defending properly cannot be bloody rocket science if Shawcross, Huth and Pulis can do it.

Overall form since CC final:

WDLLDDWDDLW

League form since CC final:

DDDWDDLW

That's insane.. :eek:
Wouldn't surprise me if we see a walkout in the summer from Arsenal stars wanting to leave
Chamakh looked genuinely gutted after that game - never seen that from him before.

I do wish he got more game time though, he's no where near as good as RvP, but he isn't bad at all, both him and RvP up front would be nice to see.
It's alright though, they're all getting paid anyway.
Original post by ShadowConspiracy
Wouldn't surprise me if we see a walkout in the summer from Arsenal stars wanting to leave

They should get their fingers out of their arses and learn to perform on the pitch?
Reply 9865
It's really hard to put into words how ashamed I've been of this Arsenal team this year. Season can't end soon enough. This squad needs an overhaul in the summer - a massive one.
We have the league's in form striker who has been absolutely amazing and we have form like that. He has carried this team since Jan.

Next year is going to be a real problem. City are almost ahead of us this season, they will spend big and be better next year. Liverpool have been pretty good since Jan and they have still missed key players. Those two next year will challenge for 4th place and well this team can be awful.
Reply 9867
Cant rely on you lot for anything :colonhash:
Reply 9868
When will this season hurry up and end...
Original post by In2deep
I see what you did there :congrats:

:rofl:
Damn Arsenal taking a break from their crumble for one game to screw United over.
Decent cup final from Stoke there.
Thought their fans hit the nail right on the head with their "boring, boring Arsenal" chants.

We bored the living **** out of me.
Reply 9872
Original post by ShadowConspiracy
I can't believe he's at Arsenal, He couldn't hit a barn door.

Forget about playing for arsenal, he should be banned from playing anywhere (even in the park)
Of the players today, I can only give credit to Koscielny and van Persie (and Chamakh when he came on).

None of the others wanted it today. Wilshere was up for it, but in completely the wrong way, I'm personally surprised he wasn't sent off.

Not enough chances made and woeful finishing from everyone not wearing the No. 10.

All credit to Stoke though, they set out their stall, they knew that 3 points would move them into the top half, and they wanted it so much more. As soon as they got that deflected second I knew it was game over.

Title challenge officially over then, so let's play for what we've got in the last two games of the season.
Glad the win last week and a potentially good end to the season can now not gloss over our problems.
Song looked **** in the bits I dipped in & out of - although I had to check again who his replacement for the last 15 minutes was - because I never saw the bugger.

Nothing eclipsed the defending. I could've arranged 10 pensioners in a better structure than the 1st and 3rd goals - and had them do more than jog back & back off for the second.
Original post by In2deep
Glad the win last week and a potentially good end to the season can now not gloss over our problems.

Agreed, the cracks are back and as big as ever.
Original post by marcusmerehay
Of the players today, I can only give credit to Koscielny and van Persie (and Chamakh when he came on).

None of the others wanted it today. Wilshere was up for it, but in completely the wrong way, I'm personally surprised he wasn't sent off.

Not enough chances made and woeful finishing from everyone not wearing the No. 10.

All credit to Stoke though, they set out their stall, they knew that 3 points would move them into the top half, and they wanted it so much more. As soon as they got that deflected second I knew it was game over.

Title challenge officially over then, so let's play for what we've got in the last two games of the season.

Kos done ok to be fair. Whats worrying is the inability to create anything. Thats been the case for months now, even last week we didn't create jack **** really.

I doubt we'll get another point this season, were done, shot, not interested at all. Villa will beat us next week because they're set up for counter attacking football.

We're finishing 4th and because of that we won't have CL money unless we win the qualifier, by which time it'll be too late to spend any of it. You wonder whether thats been the plan all along
Original post by Sunnytomo
Song looked **** in the bits I dipped in & out of - although I had to check again who his replacement for the last 15 minutes was - because I never saw the bugger.

Nothing eclipsed the defending. I could've arranged 10 pensioners in a better structure than the 1st and 3rd goals - and had them do more than jog back & back off for the second.

Was Rosicky. Tbf he has barely played and he's pretty crap.

Agree with In2Deep, it's impossible to ignore today.
Original post by Psychotic546
Was Rosicky. Tbf he has barely played and he's pretty crap.

Agree with In2Deep, it's impossible to ignore today.

Or we could just look at it on Wenger point of view....

'We were a little unlucky today. The pitch didn't help, the grass was long and we couldn't play our passing game as effectively. Also the referee was very biased towards Stoke, he didn't give us two free kicks which I believe would have led to goals so in effect he denied us a win. We were a bit tired after the Utd game and it showed. But we showed great spirit to come back from 2 down to 2-1 after they got two fortunate goals. Then they got an offside goal for the 3rd and I thought we had a player fouled in the box so we should have had a penalty. That would have made it 2-2 and I think we would have gone on to win it. So we can say it was a very good comeback and well done to the boys who are still very young and learning. The spirit in the team seems to be high and next year I believe we will be seriously challenging for trophies.'

Latest