The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level Geography - Unit 3 Pre-release topic

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Nmd
Is everyone also just revising two other topics for section A? If so, what are they?

I'm definatly revising biodiversity as I will definatly be answering this, it is my favourite part. Then probably water conflicts and then the environmental technological fixes. I'm aiming to go as environmental as I can as that is what I am really interested in. Maybe I'll do a little bit of revision on energy security but I am not doing anything on superpowers. I had that part, all politics and stuff. I really don't like it.
Reply 41
Original post by Tabers
Biodiversity-State of terrestrial ecosystems (Figure 12) and possibly desertification (I can't remember whether it fits into biodiversity or water scarcity).

I would say both.

I am planning on revising three areas but with a focus on just my fav two Superpowers and energy. the other one with either be water scarcity or tech fix

Ben
Reply 42
I was also thinking the the EU Barcelona Process and the ‘Union for the Mediterranean’ may be ways in which the EU maintains some control or influence in the region, not really neocolonisation but quite similar maybe?
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has any resources like practice papers/mark schemes or anything? My teacher is pretty much useless, doesn't even mark homework or anything, so any help would be useful :smile: thanks
Original post by hazelsaurus
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has any resources like practice papers/mark schemes or anything? My teacher is pretty much useless, doesn't even mark homework or anything, so any help would be useful :smile: thanks

Know how this feels :frown:

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/sam-gce-geography.pdf

here is the spec....What topics you going to study?
Original post by TheRockMaster
Know how this feels :frown:

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/sam-gce-geography.pdf

here is the spec....What topics you going to study?

Thanks :smile: errm, probably Superpowers, biodiversity, and technological fix, yourself? x
Tech fix, Energy and Water

would of hoped for tech fix as the section B, only just started development gap!
Original post by hazelsaurus
Thanks :smile: errm, probably Superpowers, biodiversity, and technological fix, yourself? x

Energy, Tech and water. Thinking of doing superpowers but only just started.
http://www.mei.edu/Portals/0/Publications/Migration%20Maghreb.pdf

H~ere is some info on the migration, which I think is important in depletion of work force.

This also links in well with the synoptic link of Lee's push and pull factors in unit 1: EU is a strong pull factor for people migrating and terrorism is a strong push factor.
Reply 49
Hi all

This is a quick mind-map I have knocked up for the Maghreb region.
It is not perfect, and I will be updating it later but its good enough for now.
I apologise for the massive number of spelling errors etc. but the program I use doesn't have a spell check or grammar check and I CBA to look through it all (too much to do)

Also as a quick note the fire is 284.3 KB but it is Very Very big in terms of screen space, so you will have to scroll a lot to look at it, again this is a fault with the program I use and I can do nothing about it.

Ben

Edit: the image is impossible to read I should really have checked that first :colondollar:
I will try to solve it.

Edit: Solved go to this link to get the map as a PDF like I have done with the other documents I have put on this topic. http://www.scribd.com/doc/54953775/Maghreb-Region
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Drtux
Hi all

This is a quick mind-map I have knocked up for the Maghreb region.
It is not perfect, and I will be updating it later but its good enough for now.
I apologise for the massive number of spelling errors etc. but the program I use doesn't have a spell check or grammar check and I CBA to look through it all (too much to do)

Also as a quick note the fire is 284.3 KB but it is Very Very big in terms of screen space, so you will have to scroll a lot to look at it, again this is a fault with the program I use and I can do nothing about it.

Ben

Edit: the image is impossible to read I should really have checked that first :colondollar:
I will try to solve it.

Edit: Solved go to this link to get the map as a PDF like I have done with the other documents I have put on this topic. http://www.scribd.com/doc/54953775/Maghreb-Region

What is your secret...its too good, cheers!
Reply 51
What is your secret...its too good, cheers!

Bah

I wish I had one that worked just as well in the exam as out of it.

Ben
Original post by Drtux
Bah

I wish I had one that worked just as well in the exam as out of it.

Ben

True...you can know all the info you want before the exam but when you get into the exam it's do or die....most of the time I die :frown:
Reply 53
Could someone explain the format of the exam please? Sorry my teacher has been really crap.

I see there's 6 topics we can choose from, how many do we have to learn? I take it we don't have to revise all of them?

And how is the pre release incorporated in to the exam?

Thanks a lot!
Reply 54
True...you can know all the info you want before the exam but when you get into the exam it's do or die....most of the time I die :frown:

Same :mad:
Reply 55
Original post by CallumMc
Could someone explain the format of the exam please? Sorry my teacher has been really crap.

I see there's 6 topics we can choose from, how many do we have to learn? I take it we don't have to revise all of them?

And how is the pre release incorporated in to the exam?

Thanks a lot!

Right first thing to know it that we have to answer 3 question

Two have a part A and a part B

The other is the compulsory question which we have been given the pre release for.

This third question has a part A B and C which seam to follow the pattern of asking about the

Causes

Impacts

Future

of the topic. They may not be in this order or appear as this at all (they have for the past exams but who knows what the exam board will do)
This third question this year is on the development gap in the Maghreb region.

Now the other two questions are ones we can choose from the selection of other topics not including the development gap. these questions have questions asking about the caused and a figure that you must use. that is part A.

Part B is an evaluation question asking you to evaluated either the causes and/or solutions, this is where you use your own case studies and the figure given. include a conclusion at the end to state your opinion.

Hope that help.
Ben
Reply 56
Original post by Drtux
Right first thing to know it that we have to answer 3 question

Two have a part A and a part B

The other is the compulsory question which we have been given the pre release for.

This third question has a part A B and C which seam to follow the pattern of asking about the

Causes

Impacts

Future

of the topic. They may not be in this order or appear as this at all (they have for the past exams but who knows what the exam board will do)
This third question this year is on the development gap in the Maghreb region.

Now the other two questions are ones we can choose from the selection of other topics not including the development gap. these questions have questions asking about the caused and a figure that you must use. that is part A.

Part B is an evaluation question asking you to evaluated either the causes and/or solutions, this is where you use your own case studies and the figure given. include a conclusion at the end to state your opinion.

Hope that help.
Ben

thanks a lot. so obviously I have to revise the development gap, how many other topics would you recommend revising?
Reply 57
thanks a lot. so obviously I have to revise the development gap, how many other topics would you recommend revising?

I am doing my two fav and one other just in case. so three total.

Ben
Reply 58
Original post by Drtux
I am doing my two fav and one other just in case. so three total.

Ben

Thanks. Final question- how many options do we get to pick from for Part A?
Reply 59
Thanks. Final question- how many options do we get to pick from for Part A?

part A is the two questions i was talking about in the post before.

Now the other two questions are ones we can choose from the selection of other topics not including the development gap. these questions have questions asking about the caused and a figure that you must use. That is part A.

The questions in Part A are spilt into a part a) and a part b) which is what i am referring to above.

Hope that make it clearer.

Ben

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending