The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
Original post by Rascacielos
That was picked up at the end of the first episode with John Simm, which brought him back the 2nd time when he did the whole head-spinny thing. <-- *sigh* I'm loving the extent of my Doctor Who technical vocab.

Thanks! I couldn't remember if it had been used yet! So I'm sticking with the most popular theory then.
Reply 1881
Original post by SirMasterKey
Erm...did you not watch 'The End of Time' Christmas specials before Matt Smith took over. Heck at the end of it DT becomes MS. The whole issue of the Master's ring is settled there.

Of course I did! I just remember distinctly that shot tis all, it was just going through my mind.
Original post by birduk
Thanks! I couldn't remember if it had been used yet! So I'm sticking with the most popular theory then.

....And Rory's the Dad.

Oh, of course, it all makes sense now!

(I know that's a bit of a delayed reaction. :getmecoat:)
Reply 1883
Also hence why this week they are now making it obvious that Rory and Amy go to bed together- that has never been used before has it. I am sure it has never been implied that companions actually have a bedroom- or did I miss that before too? Hence the pregnant/not pregnant thing... as in little baby 'Pond' could have been conceived in the TARDIS? Also setting us up for the scary running through the evil TARDIS next week?

(Edit- yes I know some of this has been mentioned, but there are subtle references backing up your theories)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Anyone want a poll? If so, any ideas for a good DW related one?

What's the coolest?

Fez
Bowtie
Stetson

:awesome: ?

You can't compare two hats with a bowtie.

What's the coolest?

Fez
Bowtie
Stetson

It depends, do we get three choices? :teeth:
Poll? How about:

Who is the little girl?

Amy's mum
Amy's and the Doctor's child
Amy's and Rory's child
Amy's and Rory's child who just so happens to be River Song
River's and Rory's child
River's and the Doctor's child
The Rani
Other (please state below)

People would go nuts!
Reply 1887

What's the coolest?

Fez
Bowtie
Stetson

i think it should be who is inside the space suit that kills the doctor

personally my money is on river as she is in jail for killing a 'great man' that was a 'hero to many'
Why are there no ducks in a duck pond? We assume they got absorbed by the cracks, but this was never mentioned. Again portal/gateway?
Several mirrors (oddly in front of the camera) in the two parter.
Duck Pond
Lake with an astronaut that comes out of it.
A whole episode about mirrors being gateways, like still water - and travelling between these.
This mirror thing sounds bizarre tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if it was completely wrong

Exactly. Yup. There was one in the room Amy explored and one which stood out in the little girl's room. The latter's placing and look was same as the one in the bathroom with Joy. There must be a reason for putting them there. They didn't even look like they fitted in.
I might be completely off the mark, but it just seems to fit together. :iiam:

Seems like a plausible theory to me :yep:
Well, in theory, the Ood should ruin the whole story, because, being psychic and whatnot, they'd be able to tell the Doctor again that his "song is ending."

Do they only appear when his song is ending? If so, it sucks, it really does :p:
Wait, Ood always say his SONG is ending...River SONG (tenuous, tenuous link, but screw it, I'm throwing it in there)

No idea what the link means. But tough.
Original post by Greg1989
i think it should be who is inside the space suit that kills the doctor

personally my money is on river as she is in jail for killing a 'great man' that was a 'hero to many'

Seems a little too obvious; I might be wrong.

Original post by TulipFields
Do they only appear when his song is ending? If so, it sucks, it really does :p:

Not necessarily, but last time they knew that Tennant was about to die - they even knew the moment he would die ("He will knock three times."), so you'd expect them to predict Matt Smith's imminent death as well.
Reply 1892
this ood story must be set earlier than the one with donnor since they have them plasticy ball things
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Wait, Ood always say his SONG is ending...River SONG (tenuous, tenuous link, but screw it, I'm throwing it in there)

No idea what the link means. But tough.

And Duck Pond. And River for that matter. There are too many links going on here.

And that reminds me, why does the Doctor still call Amy "Pond" even though she's married? :holmes:
(edited 12 years ago)
If of course it is a real ood. :holmes:
Reply 1895
Not necessarily, but last time they knew that Tennant was about to die - they even knew the moment he would die ("He will knock three times."), so you'd expect them to predict Matt Smith's imminent death as well.

The Ood weren't the ones to make the "He will knock four times" prophecy. That was a woman from earth in The Planet of the Dead.
Original post by Gemini92
The Ood weren't the ones to make the "He will knock four times" prophecy. That was a woman from earth in The Planet of the Dead.

That's a fair point. :getmecoat: Still, they knew his death was imminent.

Original post by SirMasterKey
If of course it is a real ood. :holmes:

With green eyes? :holmes:

Green eyes are epic :unimpressed:
What possess the Ood by the way? [Which I'm guessing is what the green eyes are about]

Indeed I don't think that it is a 'real' Ood at all.

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Green eyes are epic :unimpressed:

Rather spammy but I've posted relevant to the thread above.

My eyes are more epic. Green and blue! Blue with the tint of green around the pupils :awesome:

Latest

Trending

Trending