The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4460
Original post by Ambs
On my mp3 player it's nothing but Glee and 4 'normal' CD's. So much Glee, so little storage space...

My iPod:
About 300 LotR and LotR related songs
116 Glee songs

And the other 1282 I have no idea about... Well 121 of them are Disney songs :redface:

I deleted 2 of my films off my iPod... :sad:

Oh well I still have How to Be a Serial Killer on there :love:

11 minutes!!! :excited:
Reply 4461
I need nicotine but I want to count down until midnight...

I'm rather excited about this album release :rolleyes:
Reply 4462
Gah, WTF?

I just added some more glee music to my iPod.. Took it out of my laptop and as I was walking outside with it I turned it on.. All my music has been wiped from it!

WTF?!
Reply 4463
But when I plug it back into my laptop it says all my music is on it!
Reply 4464
OK, it was just being a dick... It's working now...
Reply 4465
Original post by Hravan
My iPod:
About 300 LotR and LotR related songs
116 Glee songs

And the other 1282 I have no idea about... Well 121 of them are Disney songs :redface:

I deleted 2 of my films off my iPod... :sad:

Oh well I still have How to Be a Serial Killer on there :love:

11 minutes!!! :excited:

300 LotR songs?? Where did you get those? I just have the three soundtracks and now I feel like there's a whole lot I'm missing out on!

I have quite a bit of Disney on my PC as well :yep: My mp3 player right now: Vampire Weekend, Dashboard Confessional, Fleet Foxes, Mumford and Sons and lots of Glee.
Reply 4466
Original post by Hravan
I need nicotine but I want to count down until midnight...

I'm rather excited about this album release :rolleyes:

Where is it being released? When I look onto iTunes the only music available for my country is volume 1 :sad:

Glad not everything got wiped from you ipod, that would be horrible! :eek3:
Reply 4467
Original post by Ambs
300 LotR songs?? Where did you get those? I just have the three soundtracks and now I feel like there's a whole lot I'm missing out on!

I have quite a bit of Disney on my PC as well :yep: My mp3 player right now: Vampire Weekend, Dashboard Confessional, Fleet Foxes, Mumford and Sons and lots of Glee.

All three normal soundtracks (which have about 19 songs on per soundtrack)

Then the Complete Recordings for all three films (they have every single piece of music that was played including the music from the Extended Editions).. FotR is 37 songs, TTT is 45 songs and RotK is 54 songs. (My actual copy of the TTT CR (as in not the ones on my latop :tongue:) is signed by Howard Shore :tongue: )
Actually, the RotK complete score is 53 songs but I've got a copy of Use Well The Days. You know Into The West by Annie Lennox? She recorded another song that was possibly going to be used for the credits of RotK and that song is Use Well The Days. The song has never been released but it was available as an extra on the RotK special edition DVD (that's yet another DVD release that is different from both the normal release and the extended edition..)
18 songs from the LotR musical soundtrack.
And the rest are songs of people who have done their own versions of songs in the book.... (Two examples here and here. )

Original post by Ambs
Where is it being released? When I look onto iTunes the only music available for my country is volume 1 :sad:

Glad not everything got wiped from you ipod, that would be horrible! :eek3:

According to amazon MP3 it will be released on the 9th May...

But even though it's 13 minutes into the 9th May it's not available.... http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_26?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=glee+presents+the+warblers&x=0&y=0&sprefix=glee+presents+the+warblers :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4468
Download Glee presents the Warblers!!!!! :excited:

And I have now spent all of my amazon gift certificate :sad:
Original post by Hravan

Original post by Hravan
Download Glee presents the Warblers!!!!! :excited:

And I have now spent all of my amazon gift certificate :sad:

I'll probably buy the actual CD. I'm old fashioned like that.
Reply 4470
Original post by e hine e
I'll probably buy the actual CD. I'm old fashioned like that.

I wish I could. :frown:

The problem is, if I brought the actual CD I would get into a lot of trouble. Not to mention run out of space.

Take my DVDs... I have two wheelie bin bags full of DVD cases in the loft at home. I've put them all into a DVD wallet.. Total number of discs I have is something like 425...
My mother isn't very happy about the amount of DVDs I have.. So if I added actual CDs of all the music I have she would probably murder me.. :tongue:

If we say each CD holds 20 songs (on average) then I would be looking at over 250 actual CDs... :lolwut:
Original post by Hravan

Original post by Hravan
I wish I could. :frown:

The problem is, if I brought the actual CD I would get into a lot of trouble. Not to mention run out of space.

Take my DVDs... I have two wheelie bin bags full of DVD cases in the loft at home. I've put them all into a DVD wallet.. Total number of discs I have is something like 425...
My mother isn't very happy about the amount of DVDs I have.. So if I added actual CDs of all the music I have she would probably murder me.. :tongue:

If we say each CD holds 20 songs (on average) then I would be looking at over 250 actual CDs... :lolwut:

My mum threatens to murder me every time one comes through the post :biggrin: but she's been doing that for the past 5 years and I'm still alive :woo: just about.
Reply 4472
Guys, do you have links to the tumblrs that you find all the awesome gifs etc on? :biggrin:

(I've never been on tumblr before... )
Reply 4473
Original post by Hravan
All three normal soundtracks (which have about 19 songs on per soundtrack)

Then the Complete Recordings for all three films (they have every single piece of music that was played including the music from the Extended Editions).. FotR is 37 songs, TTT is 45 songs and RotK is 54 songs. (My actual copy of the TTT CR (as in not the ones on my latop :tongue:) is signed by Howard Shore :tongue: )
Actually, the RotK complete score is 53 songs but I've got a copy of Use Well The Days. You know Into The West by Annie Lennox? She recorded another song that was possibly going to be used for the credits of RotK and that song is Use Well The Days. The song has never been released but it was available as an extra on the RotK special edition DVD (that's yet another DVD release that is different from both the normal release and the extended edition..)
18 songs from the LotR musical soundtrack.
And the rest are songs of people who have done their own versions of songs in the book.... (Two examples here and here. )

According to amazon MP3 it will be released on the 9th May...

But even though it's 13 minutes into the 9th May it's not available.... http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_26?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=glee+presents+the+warblers&x=0&y=0&sprefix=glee+presents+the+warblers :colonhash:

Oh right, I do think I heard of those, but they're so expensice! And signed by Howard Shore?? :eek3: I'm so jealous! I never heard that song thanks for the link, it's so beautiful! I only have the normal and extended version. I did hear about another edition but decided that for someone with my budget, two should suffice. This proves me wrong though!

I actually heard one of those songs before, I really like them :biggrin: It's so nice that you're not only a Gleek, but a LotR geek as well, we're a rare breed these days! :hugs:

I don't have a Visa, so I can't buy through Amazon. I'm getting a hard copy when I go to London to see the show though. I don't have any of the CD's, but I NEED the Warblers album!
Original post by Hravan

Original post by Hravan
Guys, do you have links to the tumblrs that you find all the awesome gifs etc on? :biggrin:

(I've never been on tumblr before... )

I just usually search glee or any ship/character names. then there's fyeahgleecast which posts some spoiler pics and if you search enough you get to see the blogs that are worth following :biggrin:
Reply 4475
Original post by Ambs
Oh right, I do think I heard of those, but they're so expensice! And signed by Howard Shore?? :eek3: I'm so jealous! I never heard that song thanks for the link, it's so beautiful! I only have the normal and extended version. I did hear about another edition but decided that for someone with my budget, two should suffice. This proves me wrong though!

Be even more jealous.

The Royal Albert Hall invited Lord of the Rings to be shown there. They did a screening of each film and they had the London Philharmonic Orchestra (who recorded the vast majority of the score), the London Voices (the main choir in the score) and a boys choir (can't remember which) performing the music LIVE to the screening the film.

I saw the Two Towers screening. And afterwards I meet Howard Shore and got my Complete Recording signed...

Spoiler

:tongue:

Yeah I spent far too much money getting my Complete Recordings... £60 each for my TTT and RotK. FotR only cost me £10 though.. :biggrin: (Play.com had it up for £9.99 so I ordered it. When I checked the next day the price had gone back up to £35... They took ages to deliver it though.. They didn't even take the money out of my account because I think they were hoping that I would give up and reorder it at the normal price. No way.. I rang them up and demanded that they send it to me.. So they had to.. For only £9.99 brand new!! :woo: )

Yeah, I don't have the special edition DVDs either. I want them but I can't really justify them.. :sad:

I actually heard one of those songs before, I really like them :biggrin: It's so nice that you're not only a Gleek, but a LotR geek as well, we're a rare breed these days! :hugs:

I KNOW! :hugs:
Out of my friends in RL, I do have two that love the films but they haven't read the book. :frown: Or any of Tolkien's other books either. :cry:
One of them is a Gleek though..

What I need is somebody in RL who is a gleek, just as mad about Tolkien as I am, and a Harry Potter nerd...
Until then I completely rely on my internet friends.. :biggrin:
Reply 4476
Original post by Hravan
Be even more jealous.

The Royal Albert Hall invited Lord of the Rings to be shown there. They did a screening of each film and they had the London Philharmonic Orchestra (who recorded the vast majority of the score), the London Voices (the main choir in the score) and a boys choir (can't remember which) performing the music LIVE to the screening the film.

I saw the Two Towers screening. And afterwards I meet Howard Shore and got my Complete Recording signed...

Spoiler

:tongue:

Yeah I spent far too much money getting my Complete Recordings... £60 each for my TTT and RotK. FotR only cost me £10 though.. :biggrin: (Play.com had it up for £9.99 so I ordered it. When I checked the next day the price had gone back up to £35... They took ages to deliver it though.. They didn't even take the money out of my account because I think they were hoping that I would give up and reorder it at the normal price. No way.. I rang them up and demanded that they send it to me.. So they had to.. For only £9.99 brand new!! :woo: )

Yeah, I don't have the special edition DVDs either. I want them but I can't really justify them.. :sad:

I KNOW! :hugs:
Out of my friends in RL, I do have two that love the films but they haven't read the book. :frown: Or any of Tolkien's other books either. :cry:
One of them is a Gleek though..

What I need is somebody in RL who is a gleek, just as mad about Tolkien as I am, and a Harry Potter nerd...
Until then I completely rely on my internet friends.. :biggrin:

That sounds AMAZING :eek3: I LOVE the soundtracks, and to see them live?? I'm in tears whenever I watch the films on my PC - but with live music?! Wow. I'm green with envy :redface: Send me that signed CD, will ya? :awesome:

Ha! Good you didn't give up - make 'em pay for their mistake! :biggrin: I check those CD's ever now and then, but they never seem to become cheap enough.

My friends have seen the films and pne of them read the books, but that's it. None of them are Gleeks; a few watched the first episodes, told me I was just like Rachel and stopped watching :sad: :tongue: One of them does watch it and he's bought us tickets for the concert, but he's not a real fan; he just did it to impress me. He used to have feelings for me and thought taking me to Glee live was a nice way of showing them, but since I'm not in love with him I cancelled the trip. He's dating another girl now and promised he doesn't like me anymore, so we're going after all - but still, he's not a fan. He even stopped watching when I told him the feelings weren't mutual :rolleyes:

Internet friends are the BEST! Seriously, I love you guys. *Hugs entire thread*
Amber Riley has tumblr :eek3:

Now Jenna, Harry, Kevin and Amber have it. I'm fine until Chris Colfer gets it.

This post of hers is about the 'no weave' thing in BTW.

http://itsreallyriley.tumblr.com/post/5324963847/the-born-this-way-episode-was-so-much-fun-my
There's another leaked scene. I'd like to link it but I can't so just search

Spoiler

EDIT: Here it is http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/5327140640/isnt-she-lovely-performance-from-prom-queen

you know you want to watch it :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by e hine e
There's another leaked scene. I'd like to link it but I can't so just search

Spoiler

EDIT: Here it is http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/5327140640/isnt-she-lovely-performance-from-prom-queen

you know you want to watch it :biggrin:

Spoiler

Awww

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest