The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlexParkins
I must have been one of the first to book then.. it was rather empty when I booked it! It might be because they are 6 person rooms rather than the larger 10 person rooms found on different blocks...?

Well, Having seen the peverell ones, (which have 1 large room and 5 small per flat) I think what they've done is average each room out a little better so they're all the same. Which obviously means slightly larger rooms, which is good. I hope mines nice and light. Can't stand dingy rooms!

yeah i went for one of the larger ones and then a corner room right by the kitchen thinking i might get two windows XD
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2001
Anyone else in meridian?

Got up at 8 and missed out on hampden :frown:
Reply 2002
Original post by Sanj
worst thing, i wanted sandby but they all just went ..

Anyone in norton court ? i can't even remember what room all a blur ha

Yep, same, but Norton looks good, so don't worry too much. Check your email for you room number!
Reply 2003
One of my friends is at Simpsons and another will be there next year, Its apparently pretty good and quite lively. As for the course, here comes the geek in me, Maths.

ahh that's not too bad I guess, better than what I thought as I only applied because it was my only option.

oh right, fair enough mate :smile:
Reply 2004
Original post by jakeybv3

im in simpson, room 609.. not sure what floor/block or anything. it wasnt my first choice and i was panicking. anyone got any ideas whats it like, or floor plans or anything?

I'm in Simpsons too, room 1201, looks really nice in the booklet but is quite a way from other buildings, only downside I think. What course are you doing?
Reply 2005
Original post by Liv.w

Original post by Liv.w
I think with the trams and stuff that wont actually matter too much, cos i was convinced i just wanted to roll out of bed everyday, bet i wont even be in uni that much! and sure there'll be a crew of us going together :smile:

yeah init would of be amazing rollin out of bed ha... but am warming to norton, we'll all have a laugh anyways ! ... what course you doing ?
Reply 2006
Original post by Lauz
ha awesome finally people i will know!! room 1305! floor 1 :smile:

I think i'm ground floor.. not sure if floor 1 would be a possibility seeing as our room numbers differ so much! haha.
Reply 2007

Original post by Sanj
yeah init would of be amazing rollin out of bed ha... but am warming to norton, we'll all have a laugh anyways ! ... what course you doing ?

graphic design :smile: you?
Hey guys ermm i've been up all night trying to book at Gill street but i haven't seen it on the list at all i'm really worried because it was my only choice i had? has anyone else tried booking yet or is it fully booked already 0.o???
Original post by elisabeth
yeah i went for one of the larger ones and then a corner room right by the kitchen thinking i might get two windows XD

I went for one near the landing/open space bit. I figured it would be the one with the most light.. I hoping I get a nice view out of my window.. but you never know! :smile:
Original post by cooldj14

Original post by cooldj14
Anyone else in meridian?

Got up at 8 and missed out on hampden :frown:

saaame :frown: i got somehwere on floor 2 in meridian! what about you?
Reply 2011

Well, Having seen the peverell ones, (which have 1 large room and 5 small per flat) I think what they've done is average each room out a little better so they're all the same. Which obviously means slightly larger rooms, which is good. I hope mines nice and light. Can't stand dingy rooms!

Ah makes sense now then. Yeh me too, need a lot of light, sounds like we get a lot of storage and things too which is great.

Original post by elisabeth

I did that too! Went for a corner room hoping the same really and nice to only have one neighbour in my opinion. You went for a 10 person sharing aswell then?
Reply 2012
Original post by Liv.w
graphic design :smile: you? i'm getting all giddy now after the initial let down!

decorative arts :smile: and yeah i know what you mean i'm not stressing so much now!seems the only negative is the distance from uni which can be sorted haha
Reply 2013
im in simpson, room 609.. not sure what floor/block or anything. it wasnt my first choice and i was panicking. anyone got any ideas whats it like, or floor plans or anything?

that's exactly what I did.. I was so close to booking accommodation in the new halls, then I thought i'd give the page another refresh and simpsons came up and just clicked away with my eyes shut. ended up with 302
Original post by otilov

Original post by otilov
anyone in meridon? I just booked it, is it good? best out of whats left imo

yeaah im in meridian! what floor you on?
Original post by luis
Ah makes sense now then. Yeh me too, need a lot of light, sounds like we get a lot of storage and things too which is great.

I did that too! Went for a corner room hoping the same really and nice to only have one neighbour in my opinion. You went for a 10 person sharing aswell then?

yep im in block L or LE or what its supposed to be
Reply 2016
Just a quick question:

I saw that there was also the option to set up your payment plan, when does this need to be done by?
Reply 2017
Original post by molleh

Original post by molleh
Yep, same, but Norton looks good, so don't worry too much. Check your email for you room number!

ohh yhyhhh am room 475 , ground floor, its mad how all the rooms went so quick !, you in norton aswell?
Reply 2018
Original post by mbel11

Original post by mbel11
decorative arts :smile: and yeah i know what you mean i'm not stressing so much now!seems the only negative is the distance from uni which can be sorted haha

ah cool :smile: what building do you have decorative arts in?
Reply 2019
Original post by Liv.w

Original post by Liv.w
graphic design :smile: you?

laaavley stufff, am doing law :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending