The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1920
Original post by JWH
Can everyone stop pointing out all the major flaws of my idea and just let me tape a Ood to a traffic poll already :laugh:

awww :frown:......well ok then if we have to :tongue:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I'm not bothered, but it would be nice to have some sort of poll up if you guys want one too. :holmes:

We could have a poll on either one of these, any thoughts?

Favourite series of New WHO:

Series 1 (2005)

Series 2 (2006)

Series 3 (2007)

Series 4 (2008)

Specials (2008 - 2010)

Series 5 (2009)

Favourite Companion/Doctor lite episode:

Love & Monsters

Blink

Midnight

Turn Left

The Lodger

Terrifying monsters showdown

Weeping Angels

Silents

Favourite companion

Rose

Martha

Donna

Wilfred

Captain Jack

Rory

Amy

Canton

Who is the regenerating little girl?

River Song

Amy Pond

Some relation of Amy Pond.

The Doctor

Some relation of the Doctor

Someone new

The Rani

This makes my head hurt

Who is the Astronaut who killed the Doctor?

River Song

The Doctor

Amy

Rory

Cba covering all the possible options. Off to bed. :colonhash:

Spoiler

Isn't River a companion? :frown:

She might not do it full time but surely she still counts?
Reply 1922
Original post by neiljeff123

Original post by neiljeff123
does all this talk of mirrors remind you of "sister-of-mine" and "the family" episode?

Edit: linked the wrong thing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsBrdXmYTQI

I was thinking that hen I was watching the finale of that the other day. I posted the link to it then as well :mmm:
Original post by SirMasterKey
One slight flaw. Wouldn't that be putting them into captivity and hence all of them would go to the same colour eyes as their telepathy power is reduced? :holmes:

Original post by Greg1989
Plus and im a little shocked no one has mentioned this already but there is the whole thing about doing that would essentially be ood slavery and just very immoral.....the doctor may even show up to free them all lol

capativity=slavery in my post :ninja:

As for the poll, any would be fine by me.
Just made the OP for the next episode thread and saved it in Notepad. Is it too early to post it?
Original post by TheCrackInTime
Just made the OP for the next episode thread and saved it in Notepad. Is it too early to post it?

I'd say Friday evening should be the earliest one gets posted :P
Original post by Lantana
for arguments sake - the doctor himself?
- or a future version of amy?

Now that would be interesting.... The Doctor ends up in the space suit...and kills himself.
Original post by LastLordofTime
I'd say Friday evening should be the earliest one gets posted :P

I'll just leave it on the desktop for now then. :biggrin:
Original post by TheCrackInTime
I'll just leave it on the desktop for now then. :biggrin:

That's what I did. You might want to check the youtube videos if you've linked them as mine had been taken down by the Friday evening. :teehee:
Original post by SirMasterKey
That's what I did. You might want to check the youtube videos if you've linked them as mine had been taken down by the Friday evening. :teehee:

I'll bear that in mind. :biggrin:
I'm not bothered, but it would be nice to have some sort of poll up if you guys want one too. :holmes:

We could have a poll on either one of these, any thoughts?

Favourite series of New WHO:

Series 1 (2005)

Series 2 (2006)

Series 3 (2007)

Series 4 (2008)

Specials (2008 - 2010)

Series 5 (2009)

Favourite Companion/Doctor lite episode:

Love & Monsters

Blink

Midnight

Turn Left

The Lodger

Terrifying monsters showdown

Weeping Angels

Silents

Favourite companion

Rose

Martha

Donna

Wilfred

Captain Jack

Rory

Amy

Canton

Who is the regenerating little girl?

River Song

Amy Pond

Some relation of Amy Pond.

The Doctor

Some relation of the Doctor

Someone new

The Rani

This makes my head hurt

Who is the Astronaut who killed the Doctor?

River Song

The Doctor

Amy

Rory

Cba covering all the possible options. Off to bed. :colonhash:

Spoiler

Any of them. But you need to add in "Other - I'll explain on thread" options :tongue:

Last night I dreamed that Rory somehow got really brave all of a sudden and then he became a time lord. It was EPIC!

Reply 1931
Cleaners just came into my room, and we had a nice little discussion about Doctor Who.
Apparently her daughter loves it and made the dad go out to buy the newspapers with the figurines in :h:

She also reckons River is Amy's daughter.
Reply 1932
He's right. You guys must be alternate versions of each other. :shock:

Original post by Don'tNod
One's an echo of the other. :eek:

It's a she. :teehee:

We have yet to work out the contours. :tongue:

There are a lot of things that do not quite fit. River being imprisoned in a futuristic prison. Maybe she was brought up in the 51st century and the Doctor only visited her at a certain age.

Even the same university. :shock:

Original post by Don'tNod
Aren't both your ideas relatively the same - there's an alternative 'universe'? :dontknow:

It's freaky how you and the poster above you have such similar sigs. :colone: Grades and all. :eek:

Yeah... We're twins. :P We tend to do that with the grades and stuff. It's not on purpose or anything. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1933
There was a kid running round McDonalds the other day dressed in full Matt Smith costume. He had his sonic screwdriver out and was 'zapping' things with it whilst saving McDonalds from the Daleks :rofl2:
Reply 1934
Original post by Mess.

Original post by Mess.
There was a kid running round McDonalds the other day dressed in full Matt Smith costume. He had his sonic screwdriver out and was 'zapping' things with it whilst saving McDonalds from the Daleks :rofl2:

That is actually amazing.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Any of them. But you need to add in "Other - I'll explain on thread later" options :tongue:

Fixed. :cool:
Reply 1936
I had a dream that Doctor Who (Matt Smith) was losing it because I had to tell him that Stephen Fry was gay. He was in shock that he hadn't noticed something so obvious. :rofl: That was a very British dream :lol::redface:
Original post by Mess.

I want to adopt that kid NOW!

Original post by Katie_louise
I had a dream that Doctor Who (Matt Smith) was losing it because I had to tell him that Stephen Fry was gay. He was in shock that he hadn't noticed something so obvious. :rofl: That was a very British dream :lol::redface:

:five: for Doctor Who dreams!
Reply 1938
A guy ran the Sheffield Half Marathon yesterday dressed as Dr Who- with full suit, bow tie, screw driver and fez. He had the sweatiest er.... backside I have ever seen and looked absolutely shattered! Bless him.
Original post by Greg1989
i think it should be who is inside the space suit that kills the doctor

personally my money is on river as she is in jail for killing a 'great man' that was a 'hero to many'

But surely if River had killed the Doctor she would only need to escape from prison in that episode if it was in her past? And then she'd remember and therefore wouldn't shoot herself?
Just had a thought about the mysterious woman, don't know if it's been mentioned though! The comments she's been making; dreaming, doing okay etc., could be to do with timelines splitting. Don't know if I can explain this too well, but maybe there are two Amy's, and one's been shut away with this woman for someone, and the Amy we're seeing has to do something in order for normality to be restored, which is why her progress is being watched by this woman. Saying she's doing alright for example could simply be her telling a different Amy that she's doing something right in her timeline? I'm not too sure if that makes sense, but I think there are two parallel timelines running together, and everything depends on Amy making the right choice at some point.

Latest

Trending

Trending