Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
Original post by Nicholaswillis
Is anyone staying at norton? I think im in room 122.. its all a blur now though...

I'm in room 102 ground floor. is that close?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Scionce
Well i mean it went active at 7:38 for a start (from yougo a girl said she refreshed every minute and since she got Sandby, which was out when i looked, i believe her). I went on at 7:45 after looking at 7:35 when it wasnt active, and when i clicked "Check Availability", Gill Street didnt show, and Sandby showed but all the rooms were greyed out when i went to click one.

So yeh, it was out quick.

Alright thanks for the reply, i'm just utterly disappointed how i didn't get into the flat litterally stayed all night only to find out that it was gone :angry:
Original post by cwellsy
Yay! I'm in Hampden- ground floor room 31
We only had to pay the deposit right?
What you studying?

I'm really worried I'm in the wrong room because my sister used to go to NTU and she said ground floor is boys only and first floor for girls do you know if this is still the case? :confused:

Yeah I think its the deposit only...

I will be studying BA Health and Social Care. :smile:

What about you?
Original post by molleh
I really wouldn't worry too much, Norton's looking pretty good! If it's that bad, you can try calling ntu

Thanks Molleh i'll get back to which room i ended up booking but i'm so gutted i didn't get gill street i stayed up all night and everything -_-
Original post by lolo66
I'm in room 102 ground floor. is that close?

I think so hah, i cant remember the layout.. its like an L shape i think? I was just frantically clicking since i missed out on other halls by what seemed like minutes
Reply 2065
Original post by molleh
I'm 2nd floor, 456, I want to see all the floor plan and stuff, i literally just clicked anything incase i lost it! What're you studying?

Design for Film and TV, you?
Reply 2066
Original post by Sunnytomo
Thanks Molleh i'll get back to which room i ended up booking but i'm so gutted i didn't get gill street i stayed up all night and everything -_-

No worries, nothing can be done now so just try and see the positives really. I was up most of the night too, Norton was my fifth choice, but I'm warming too it after reading more of the stuff :smile:
Reply 2067
Nice we all got rooms booked now :biggrin: Now it's time for NTU time to come around and quick!!!
Reply 2068
Original post by lolo66
Design for Film and TV, you?

I considered something similar to that, looks like a good course! Computer Science, so gotta trek to Clifton every day :s-smilie:
Original post by molleh
No worries, nothing can be done now so just try and see the positives really. I was up most of the night too, Norton was my fifth choice, but I'm warming too it after reading more of the stuff :smile:

it could be a sign for all i know i might end up liking it :rolleyes:

Do you know how far it is from Norton to get to the city site by any chance or do i need to get a tram/bus ?
Reply 2070
Original post by Sunnytomo
it could be a sign for all i know i might end up liking it :rolleyes:

Do you know how far it is from Norton to get to the city site by any chance or do i need to get a tram/bus ?

It says 20 minute walk, so not too bad like. And walking times are usually overestimated, so probably like 15.
Reply 2071
Original post by harryautomatica
anyone on team simpson? mashed my hand into the keypad in a bit of a flurry when i saw nothing much was left! im in room 2402, studying graphic design

Yeah, i will be there , room 2406.... pretty close though :tongue:
Reply 2072
Anyone made a group for Norton yet?
Reply 2073
Original post by Lianne93
Anyone made a group for Norton yet?

nope but we need to lool, dont know how!
Reply 2074
Original post by LivFree
I'm in Simpsons too, room 1201, looks really nice in the booklet but is quite a way from other buildings, only downside I think. What course are you doing?

im doing business economics, what about you?

dont know how many im sharing a kitchen with etc either. you go any ideas?
Reply 2075
Original post by Humz7
that's exactly what I did.. I was so close to booking accommodation in the new halls, then I thought i'd give the page another refresh and simpsons came up and just clicked away with my eyes shut. ended up with 302

do you know much about the accommodation, im literally clueless
Reply 2076
Original post by mbel11
nope but we need to lool, dont know how!

I dont either! i only joined yesterday I don't really know how to use this!
Reply 2077
Original post by Shawna12
Im at Simpson :smile: room 1308 :smile:
was a bit of a mad rush as well, just glad i got somewhere! :smile:

what are you all doing here? im doing business economics, room 609, simpson.

how many people do you share facilities with etc?
Original post by elisabeth
no cus im from sweden and we dont have university owned accommodation you get the money each month so im gonna have a really hard time paying

I'd suggest ringing the university to arrange an alternative pay scheme. I can't imagine that your situation is uncommon with forgeign students. Maybe they'll allow monthly payments in return for a higher deposit?

Worth asking though, i'm sure. Good luck and I'll see you there!!!!
Reply 2079
Original post by jakeybv3
do you know much about the accommodation, im literally clueless

Flats accommodate for as little as 3 to as many as 12, (most are about 7 though). You get an ensuite :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest