The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Film and TV/Communication and society at NTU

I've put Nottingham Trent as my firm choice for Film/TV and Communication/Society/ I decided to because of the opportunites they have such as work placement and study abroad, plus there's much more career paths I can chose from. Is anyone currently studying the courses? and if so how are they, are they any good??
i do film and television with english.
its a great course :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks, have you or are you going to go under work placement?
Reply 3
Original post by kellymichelle
i do film and television with english.
its a great course :smile:

Thanks, have you or are you going to go on work placement?
Original post by Lorrie93
Thanks, have you or are you going to go on work placement?

nope. iv never been told anything about a work placement...x
Reply 5
nope. iv never been told anything about a work placement...x

Oh :confused: I thought you do? On the nottingham trent website it said u do but thanks for the info :smile:
Oh :confused: I thought you do? On the nottingham trent website it said u do but thanks for the info :smile:

what year does it say you do it in?? iv heard nothing of it xx
Reply 7
what year does it say you do it in?? iv heard nothing of it xx

I think it was second year and you have the choice to study abroad too? x
I think it was second year and you have the choice to study abroad too? x

there is no placement in the subject. definitley not second year. and iv just checked on the website and it says no official placement.
you do get the chance to study abroad tho yeah with exchange semester. just complicated if you ask me xx
Reply 9
there is no placement in the subject. definitley not second year. and iv just checked on the website and it says no official placement.
you do get the chance to study abroad tho yeah with exchange semester. just complicated if you ask me xx

Oh ok thanks! Yeah I might try out the study abroad how complicated is it lool x
Oh ok thanks! Yeah I might try out the study abroad how complicated is it lool x

its a great oppurtunity, just in my opinion too expensive, and its the second yr accomodatioin i dont understand.. i mean u have to find a house for the whole yr but then u go abroad for half the year so its like u dont want to be paying for a house back here that ur not living in.. i dont really understand it x
Reply 11
its a great oppurtunity, just in my opinion too expensive, and its the second yr accomodatioin i dont understand.. i mean u have to find a house for the whole yr but then u go abroad for half the year so its like u dont want to be paying for a house back here that ur not living in.. i dont really understand it x

couldnt I live in a house with a six month contract or something? Hopefully I'll be going America, do you think the currency would make a difference,because pounds is stronger than dollers so if I use part of my maintence loan do you think that would help? sorry im asking u a lot of questions but ur the only person I know who seems to know about all this study abroad stuff lool x
couldnt I live in a house with a six month contract or something? Hopefully I'll be going America, do you think the currency would make a difference,because pounds is stronger than dollers so if I use part of my maintence loan do you think that would help? sorry im asking u a lot of questions but ur the only person I know who seems to know about all this study abroad stuff lool x

i dont think it should make much of a difference. but america's quite expensive..
yeah you can get a 6 month contract just be tricky to sort out.
just save up as much as u can and make sure u can afford it before you apply
Reply 13
Im doing communications and society but with english at ntu so we'll be in those lectures together :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 14
I will be doing media and comm and society! 3rd year degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending