SO what accommodation has everyone decided
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Holz<3

What have you chosen?
(I'm already there so I'm exempt from the question :p:)
Reply 942
As I mentioned earlier; Darwin College! Whoop whoop! :tongue:
Reply 943
Darwin Houses, yay! It could turn out to be awful, but hey, fingers crossed :h:
Reply 944
parkwood is my first choice, any1 wanna comment on what its like? ..never been there but the general impression i got from tsr is that parkwood is awsome.
Reply 945
To be fair, from the bits and pieces I've heard about it [Parkwood]; I think I'm starting to regret not putting it as my top choice a little bit! :s-smilie: I just thought Darwin was a bit more central on campus, plus it had that 'college feel'.
Darwin Houses are very sociable, but you have to go outside to get to the kitchens. But it is covered. Just not great on a cold day or in the snow (and we do usually get a lot)
Reply 947
Original post by Loz17
Darwin Houses are very sociable, but you have to go outside to get to the kitchens. But it is covered. Just not great on a cold day or in the snow (and we do usually get a lot)

Do you have to walk outside to get to the kitchens in Darwin Houses? I thought that was the arrangement in the College rooms, but does it stretch to the Houses too? How odd :K:
Original post by Holz<3

Parkwood flats :biggrin: I applied in March so hopefully I'll get a spot there.
Reply 949
anyone applied to medway campus ??
Original post by saaail
Do you have to walk outside to get to the kitchens in Darwin Houses? I thought that was the arrangement in the College rooms, but does it stretch to the Houses too? How odd :K:

Gah, sleepy brain. I meant just the colleges - not the houses
Reply 951
Original post by Loz17
Gah, sleepy brain. I meant just the colleges - not the houses

Phew :h:
Reply 952
I liked the whole quirky, multi-levelled thing in Darwin (Colleges). I can see how it might get annoying in the cold and wet, but that's all part of the fun! :biggrin: Right? :tongue:

Also, saaail, I just have to ask: why the picture of Max Records? I hope you don't mind? :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 953
Original post by jamie511
I liked the whole quirky, multi-levelled thing in Darwin (Colleges). I can see how it might get annoying in the cold and wet, but that's all part of the fun! :biggrin: Right? :tongue:

Also, saaail, I just have to ask: why the picture of Max Records? I hope you don't mind? :redface:

Oh I'm sure you'll all bond through complaining about the cold walk outside! :rolleyes:

And hey, kudos to you for recognising Max! I think he's adorable, as was Where the Wild Things are :h: But as for the avatar, I use it as ID on a few other sites and was simply too lazy to resize another picture when I joined TSR.
Reply 954
We'll unite as we all suffer with; not Freshers' Flu, but Darwin's Cold! XD It'll put hairs on our chests and build camaraderie :tongue:

And yeah, he's a cute kid and one of the best child actors around at the moment, I think. Where the Wild Things Are is, like, one of my favourite movies! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Eliot for the win :ninja:
Reply 956
Original post by FF-
anyone applied to medway campus ??

Im currently studying business studies sandwich and this is on the medway campus so if you or anyone else has questions about the kent medway cmapus come to me :smile:
Business Administration.. (full-time) at Canterbury
just Firm accepted yesterday...
& i'm REALLY Nervous about going!!!!! Donno anyone there... :frown:
I'm kinda excited But Also Scared!!! Plus most of my friends aren't going to England... :frown:
I'm yet to apply for accomodation though...
Quick question, can you smoke in the bedrooms in the university accomodation?

I was just wondering as if you can, i'd like to put down in my application that i'd prefer to be in a non-smoking flat/house...

EDIT: sorry just had a look on the university studentguide, somking isn't allowed in the accomodation buildings.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 959
Original post by jamie511
We'll unite as we all suffer with; not Fresher's Flu, but Darwin's Cold! XD It'll put hairs on our chests and build camaraderie :tongue:

And yeah, he's a cute kid and one of the best child actors around at the moment, I think. Where the Wild Things Are is, like, one of my favourite movies! :biggrin:

Can I join in with the camaraderie? Darwin Houses may not have the chilly walk outside to get to the kitchens but.. well, I'll bribe you with a nice cup of tea and a copy of Where the Wild Things Are on DVD :^_^:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending