The Student Room Group

AS students: how far are you in your revision?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Leeshur
I didn't revise at all at Easter, well I had my tutor but I didn't revise as much as I should have. x___x;;

We've covered 3 topics in Chemistry unit 2. I've almost done group 7 halogens again. Just a few more parts and then I'm done for chem.

I take it you're revising now though :tongue: ? When are your exams? I find that school term puts me off revising slightly :s
Reply 241
Original post by Chaofan88
I take it you're revising now though :tongue: ? When are your exams? I find that school term puts me off revising slightly :s

English Lit - 23rd.
Biology - 26th.
Chemistry - 27th.
Psychology - 6th or 7th of June. xD
Reply 242
Original post by Leeshur
English Lit - 23rd.
Biology - 26th.
Chemistry - 27th.

I see we have the same biology, chemistry and english exams (except I'm also doing a unit 1 retake :frown:) Good luck!
Reply 243
Original post by Leeshur
English Lit - 23rd.
Biology - 26th.
Chemistry - 27th.

Oh also, how much evision are you currently doing/ planning to do?

And keep the posts coming- I love hearing about others progress!
not far at all! ive resorted to comfort eating!
Reply 245
I'm fairly ahead of things, although that's mostly due to really convenient timings of my exams. I've yet to even start on Psychology which is on the 7th of June, although the eleven day interval between my second last exam should be more than enough time. Must be quite hard with people that have all their exams within a week.
Reply 246
Neeed adviceee!
So I used to be able to write notes and then read them over 3 or 4 times and I'd be able to learn the stuff.
It's just reallly not working for me anymoreee!
Any other revision tipssss apppreciatedd pleasee
and also need advice on how to revise for language exams: WJEC AS Spanish in particularr.. all helpp appreciated. Thanks :smile:
Reply 247
english lit (aqa): notes on all poems and further reading list but that's it :/
history (ocr): notes on america but nothinggg for british
geography (edexcel): literally nothing.
psychology (edexcel): nothing but the exam's after half term soo hello cramming
critical thinking (ocr): hahahaaa nothing
waaa i'm gonna fail, got 9 exams :/
Original post by Jeebus42
I'm fairly ahead of things, although that's mostly due to really convenient timings of my exams. I've yet to even start on Psychology which is on the 7th of June, although the eleven day interval between my second last exam should be more than enough time. Must be quite hard with people that have all their exams within a week.

Hey,

I got my psych exam on the 7th aswell. I take it is unit 2?

I have not done any revision for it yet. Since it is a month away from today I am going to do 3 hours revision a day for it. Then 27th May - 7th - I got a 10 day gap.

So gonna revise then aswell. But I had look at the spec there is so much to revise.

Have you done revision for Unit 1 yet mate?
Reply 249
Original post by kingshan16
Hey,

I got my psych exam on the 7th aswell. I take it is unit 2?

I have not done any revision for it yet. Since it is a month away from today I am going to do 3 hours revision a day for it. Then 27th May - 7th - I got a 10 day gap.

So gonna revise then aswell. But I had look at the spec there is so much to revise.

Have you done revision for Unit 1 yet mate?

Yeah, Unit 2. I've also got from the 27th to start revising for it intensively. I'm aiming to do more than 3 hours a day because I've still got to learn some of the content. I think that 10 days is enough time to fully revise and be well prepared, even though there is a lot to do. It does depend though.

Also, I took Unit 1 in January as my school enters students for their first modules early. I assume you're taking both exams which will add to the workload, although Unit 1 tends to be fairly easy, as is Unit 2 once you 'learn' (memorise) the key facts. At least we have convenient timing to ease the pressure.
Reply 250
Completely finished all past papers for C1/C2/M1/S1/D1/FP1 so i'm pretty much sorted for maths.

History and English i'm still doing full timed papers and revising key information and events for history. Might read Great Expectations again if I can be bothered but doubt it (Exam's on the 23rd).

Done all past papers for Economics but still doing constant revision, making sure I don't forget key bits of info.

Exams are starting on the 17th (History) with 10 until the 27th (Macro-economics) and then FP1 on the 22nd of June. Not too bad, but getting pretty intense considering how crammed my exam timetable is.

Hope revision for everyone else is going well, just keep it up for a bit longer and then it'll all be over :tongue:
Original post by Jeebus42
Yeah, Unit 2. I've also got from the 27th to start revising for it intensively. I'm aiming to do more than 3 hours a day because I've still got to learn some of the content. I think that 10 days is enough time to fully revise and be well prepared, even though there is a lot to do. It does depend though.

Also, I took Unit 1 in January as my school enters students for their first modules early. I assume you're taking both exams which will add to the workload, although Unit 1 tends to be fairly easy, as is Unit 2 once you 'learn' (memorise) the key facts. At least we have convenient timing to ease the pressure.

Are you with edexcel for psychology?

Yh I started unit 1 a few weeks ago finished it but still need to keep going over it.

I done unit 1 in Jan I got a B just on the UMS mark for B 70 or 74, cant remember. :confused:

I am retaking it to get a A hopefully, I should get it this time around.

I think I will most likely do enough to pass Unit 2 but I will need to retake next Jan and start very early, as our teacher has been very poor she has been away half the year and when she is here, its just copying from the board. :rolleyes:
Reply 252
English (AQA) 23rd May: started taking notes for the poems on structure, language and form. Done chapter summaries for the Great Gatsby, needing to finish the ones for the Kite runner.
History (OCR) 17th/19th May: Finished taking notes for Russia, now doing essay plans for possible answers. Finished taking notes for Tudors, now doing past papers.
Religious Studies (OCR) 26th May: Finished taking notes for Philosophy. Need to take notes for applied ethics and then go over them.
Drama 26th May: Have set monologue and actioned the script, need to learn monologue and do second draft of coursework

I've been working since March but it seems to be a slow process! Definately going to up my game from tomorrow to finish off all these notes and get a substantial amount of past papers done...
Reply 253
Shamefully stealing the same layout as Joell3.

History (OCR - F962/02) 17th May: Halfway through my summary notes, done Key Aims 1-3 on Tsarist Russia, just need to do Key Aims 4-6 on Stalin etc. Not too worried about this.
Geography (Edexcel - 6GE0201) 24th May: Haven't even started my summary notes so this is definitely on the to-do list, probably going to be the toughest exam in terms of prep.
Psychology (AQA - PSYA1) 25th May: Done with the whole of memory, just need to summarize Attachment and Research Methods. Again, pretty confident I'll be fine.
English Language (AQA - ENGB1) 6th June: Not bothering until probably after History exam but as long as I nail the frameworks and the Power theory I'll good to go.

Meh, I managed three A's in January by being less prepared than I am now so I guess I should be fine. Just need to not be complacent and stay motivated.
Sooo jelous some people finish their exams early!
History: doing past questions and making sure I know things thoroughly now!
English Lit: still doing notes & then past questions
Spanish: listening and essay planning - done speaking exam
Philosophy and Ethics: still getting through notes etc :/
Reply 256
I've been writing notes throughout the year so I finished those before the Easter. Now it's just a case of constantly going over them and doing past papers, most of which I have done.

This is tiring.
Reply 257
Original post by lampshade1
History: doing past questions and making sure I know things thoroughly now!
English Lit: still doing notes & then past questions
Spanish: listening and essay planning - done speaking exam
Philosophy and Ethics: still getting through notes etc :/

Are you making notes on english lit or going over/memorizing the ones you have made?
Reply 258
Original post by oHellno
I've been writing notes throughout the year so I finished those before the Easter. Now it's just a case of constantly going over them and doing past papers, most of which I have done.

This is tiring.

I've just finished my notes and im doing GCSE. My first exam is in two-weeks, do you think constant going over them and doing past papers for two-weeks is enough? GCSE's btw

Original post by ju1c
Are you making notes on english lit or going over/memorizing the ones you have made?

Making notes still at the moment! :/

Then I'll do past questions or at least plan them out..still working on the actual structure for the exam too, what about yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest