The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3360
Original post by vilongo
You made my point for me: the reason technical boxers are technical is because THEY THINK while they box. Boxers don't just function with the left side of their brain where they recklessly throw punches without thinking of the repercussions . Floyd, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones, Oscar de la boys, sugar Shane mosley, sugar ray leonard, Juan Manuel marquez, George former, lenox Lewis, vitali klitchoko, ect., ect. All these men are all technical boxers who were successful because they are ring thinkers. They didn't just throw punches for **** and giggles. They were methodical. This is why their fights were zzz boring.

It's up to mere opinion, I realized that mosley was seriously neutralizing his a lot of pacs signature attacks plans --which revealed to me that pac man isn't actually smart while he's in the ring , like I had suspected. I think that pac has an amazing fight regime that augmentating a lot of would-be offensive and defensive vulnerabilities; but, when it comes to adjusting, he can't really do it without jeopardizing his entire fight. I feel his kick boxing like foot work is exactly the reason for his tremendous success.

I don't know if you read my post, but I've already suggested that Floyd would win the fight against pac. Im a realist. I don't think he can be Floyd for many more reasons than the defensive fight Floyd incorporates into his bouts. When it comes to Shane, all I'm saying is that Shane isn't a better technical boxer than Floyd, and if this is [ Shane vs pac fight] the rhythm that manifested with the pac and mosley fight; and being as Floyd is a hell of a lot more tactical in his fonts than mosley is, then it would be no surprise that the Floyd vs Pac fight would be just as sluggish if not even more so sluggish than mosley and pac. The difference would be-- at least in my opinion--that instead of pac man being the aggressive winner, it would be Floyd being the counter punching victor.
BTW, Oscar de la hoya and pac man landed WAY more punches on mosley than Floyd has have in their fights together, so I have no idea why you keep mentioning that.

imma give this a proper reply tomorrow....knew you'd write a long ass lecture back
Reply 3361
Smh, I don't write just to gloat over having the last word like you do, I write because I disagree with you on some things. That's not even long, at last not to me. I'm on my mobile phone too, so its annoying to type without making t9 mistakes, b I t c. H
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3362
Original post by Logan
Thats your opinion and so be it. We disagree with the mayweather case so let it be, i still think if its from the pacs camp thats the problem then I blame Bob Arum and not Pacquiao. I just want that fight to happen.

What do you mean "cant handle" its more like "cant keep up with the speed that shane was running backwards". Im frustrated shane didnt give us a fight. Thats all I was complaining about last night. To be fair pacuiao didnt even really follow and pushed till the 11th when roach told him it was getting embarrassing and he should go get the KO.

Yes shanes defence was good, he used his experience to not get canvassed because he knew he was outclassed, outpowered last night. Although that was not boxing, that was called circling to the left with great effect. Any decent boxer could pull that one, just running away from someone you know is gonna floor you. Or in the case of clottey, just keey your hands up and not throw a single punch. Engaging Pacman was the last thing on his mind after round 3.

But if you ask me, I never wanted this fight. Never. Shane is going to be a future hall of famer but he was getting too old. I should call it a day if i was him.

Yeah I just get pissed off when people think Pac is a god-like man that can do no wrong, him (or his camp) were the reason the contract was not signed orginally.

Can't deal with, its the first time we've seen someone really try to stick and move and counter-punch him. If Shane with little defensive skills compared to Floyd made Pac miss as much as he did you can imagine what Floyd would do.....he also has the skills to wait for the counter-punch. Yeah cos Pac didn't want to take big risks cos he was weary of Shanes power.

It wasn't quite on the Clottey level, that fight was ridiculous and an obvious pay-off IMO. (Notice he hasn't fought a big fight since)
Reply 3363
Original post by vilongo
You made my point for me: the reason technical boxers are technical is because THEY THINK while they box. Boxers don't just function with the left side of their brain where they recklessly throw punches without thinking of the repercussions . Floyd, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones, Oscar de la boys, sugar Shane mosley, sugar ray leonard, Juan Manuel marquez, George former, lenox Lewis, vitali klitchoko, ect., ect. All these men are all technical boxers who were successful because they are ring thinkers. They didn't just throw punches for **** and giggles. They were methodical. This is why their fights were zzz boring.

It's up to mere opinion, I realized that mosley was seriously neutralizing a lot of pacs signature attacks plans --which revealed to me that pac man isn't actually smart while he's in the ring , like I had suspected. I think that pac has an amazing fight regime that augmentates a lot of would-be offensive and defensive vulnerabilities; but, when it comes to adjusting, he can't really do it without jeopardizing his entire fight. I feel his kick boxing like foot work is exactly the reason for his tremendous success.

I don't know if you read my post, but I've already suggested that Floyd would win the fight against pac. Im a realist. I don't think he can be Floyd for many more reasons than the defensive fight Floyd incorporates into his bouts. When it comes to Shane, all I'm saying is that Shane isn't a better technical boxer than Floyd, and if this is [ Shane vs pac fight] the rhythm that manifested with the pac and mosley fight; and being as Floyd is a hell of a lot more tactical in his fonts than mosley is, then it would be no surprise that the Floyd vs Pac fight would be just as sluggish if not even more so sluggish than mosley and pac. The difference would be-- at least in my opinion--that instead of pac man being the aggressive winner, it would be Floyd being the counter punching victor.
BTW, Oscar de la hoya and pac man landed WAY more punches on mosley than Floyd has have in their fights together, so I have no idea why you keep mentioning that.

Here we go....

Your confusing technical fighters with smart fighters, totally different things. Did you seriously just include Roy Jones jr in a list of fighters whose fights were "zzz boring" wow that doesn't even need a response. I don't find the fights boring when you can appreciate their skills.

Yeah Pac has just relied on his speed too much, which is why when he fights Floyd he will struggle, as Floyd knows how to adjust. But if this fight is anything to go by his footwork has slowed down, there were opportunities last night that a better fighter could have exposed.

Pretty sure you didn't say that. Anyway your wrong on what the fight is gonna be like. It wouldn't be as sluggish as Floyd will throw back more, meaning Pac has to go for it to try and win the rounds. He ain't just gonna allow Floyd to eat up the rounds. The last point I don't even understand, Mayweather landed 208 against Mosley, Pac landed 185....
Reply 3364
Original post by vilongo
Smh, I don't write just to gloat over having the last word like you do, I write because I disagree with you on some things. That's not even long, at last not to me. I'm on my mobile phone too, so its annoying to type without making t9 mistakes, b I t c. H

You really are a ****, you get eaten up if you posted on eastside.
Reply 3365
Original post by jimber
Here we go....

Your confusing technical fighters with smart fighters, totally different things. Did you seriously just include Roy Jones jr in a list of fighters whose fights were "zzz boring" wow that doesn't even need a response. I don't find the fights boring when you can appreciate their skills.

See, what we have here is a problem with definition: a boxer (to me) is logically trained to accommodate all circumstantial conflicts that might arise in the ring. It's generally considerable to included the word "smart" when speaking of a boxer because a boxer has to be, by definition, smart. If they're not smart then (to me) they are considered brawlers or fighters. You make make a
splentic issue out of that, but Its a very good way of identifying "amateur " from "professional ".
Technical is no different from being a "smart". I guess your definition of smart is a boxer that uses dirty tactics to gain advantages, but just incase it is, let me remind you that the word "dirty" should be applied to these types of boxers because they might not be physically or technically able t gain an advantage . There's fighters who use dirty boxing tactics out of desperation like zab Judah. And then there plain dirty boxers who use dirty tactics out of logic, like a Bernard Hopkins.

As for Roy Jones, yes his fights against bum fighters were not boring of course; no good boxer can be boring when he's fighting a contender that he can easily out class. Roy Jones was just exceptional as a boxer becsuse he made an easy fight look really flashy and hence the showmenship earned him a lot of fans, but when it came to real challenges , he was zzzzzzzzzz.

And I also think me and you have different definitions of what an "exciting " fights are; aswell as what "boring fights" are too. I think what we saw Saturday was a classic technical fight. Exciting fights are what brawlers usually bring to the table: the arce fight before it was what I considered an exciting fight.

Original post by jimber

Yeah Pac has just relied on his speed too much, which is why when he fights Floyd he will struggle, as Floyd knows how to adjust. But if this fight is anything to go by his footwork has slowed down, there were opportunities last night that a better fighter could have exposed.

I just feel that mayweather has better technical skills than mosley .

Original post by jimber
Pretty sure you didn't say that. Anyway your wrong on what the fight is gonna be like. It wouldn't be as sluggish as Floyd will throw back more, meaning Pac has to go for it to try and win the rounds. He ain't just gonna allow Floyd to eat up the rounds. The last point I don't even understand, Mayweather landed 208 against Mosley, Pac landed 185....

Didn't I say that Floyd would be the "counter punching victor?"
I acknowledge that Floyds technique is superior, but do you really think that the fight is going to be a slug fest?
I didn't think so. I believe Floyd is going to throw some accurate right hooks that ll shake manny, and land some flushed, but I don't think its going to be exiciting as his fight with aurthur thunder gatti was.
so mannys total punch landings were how much? May I ask where are your sources for this?
if mayweather landed 208 in total when he fought mosley then mannys has beaten Floyd to the punch--literally. This is another source for you. More evidence that youre only set on getting the last word rather than surrendering to reason.
Ahh...a good boxing argument. Not enough of these.
Reply 3367
I liked you better when you were ignoring me, Jim.
Reply 3368
Original post by vilongo
See, what we have here is a problem with definition: a boxer (to me) is logically trained to accommodate all circumstantial conflicts that might arise in the ring. It's generally considerable to included the word "smart" when speaking of a boxer because a boxer has to be, by definition, smart. If they're not smart then (to me) they are considered brawlers or fighters. You make make a
splentic issue out of that, but Its a very good way of identifying "amateur " from "professional ".
Technical is no different from being a "smart". I guess your definition of smart is a boxer that uses dirty tactics to gain advantages, but just incase it is, let me remind you that the word "dirty" should be applied to these types of boxers because they might not be physically or technically able t gain an advantage . There's fighters who use dirty boxing tactics out of desperation like zab Judah. And then there plain dirty boxers who use dirty tactics out of logic, like a Bernard Hopkins.

As for Roy Jones, yes his fights against bum fighters were not boring of course; no good boxer can be boring when he's fighting a contender that he can easily out class. Roy Jones was just exceptional as a boxer becsuse he made an easy fight look really flashy and hence the showmenship earned him a lot of fans, but when it came to real challenges , he was zzzzzzzzzz.

And I also think me and you have different definitions of what an "exciting " fights are; aswell as what "boring fights" are too. I think what we saw Saturday was a classic technical fight. Exciting fights are what brawlers usually bring to the table: the arce fight before it was what I considered an exciting fight.

I just feel that mayweather has better technical skills than mosley .

Didn't I say that Floyd would be the "counter punching victor?"
I acknowledge that Floyds technique is superior, but do you really think that the fight is going to be a slug fest?
I didn't think so. I believe Floyd is going to throw some accurate right hooks that ll shake manny, and land some flushed, but I don't think its going to be exiciting as his fight with aurthur thunder gatti was.
so mannys total punch landings were how much? May I ask where are your sources for this?
if mayweather landed 208 in total when he fought mosley then mannys has beaten Floyd to the punch--literally. This is another source for you. More evidence that youre only set on getting the last word rather than surrendering to reason.

Your putting words in my mouth! A smart fighter is a fighter who can adjust in the ring when they notice something going wrong/about their opponent, they don't just have one plan.

Technical IS different from smart, though alot of fighters are technical and smart becasue they compliment eachother. Technical fighters throw punches correctly, when balanced and can throw from awkward positions. It doesn't mean they are boring...."Smart" is not "dirty", being dirty is just gamesmanship.

But you just said his fights were boring! I wouldn't say he was zzzz against elite opposition. Obviously with facing a higher level of fighter he is gonna be more weary and take less risks, but i still got it in.

Well I appreciate all fights but the ones that get me exicted are the toe to toe wars. Froch, Hatton etc. I think everyone agrees on that.

The right ain't gonna be a slug fest but Pac is gonna have to attack more then he did against Shane and just try to outwork Floyd. Cos you can bet your ass Floyd gonna make him miss and counter-punch to just frustrate him. Arturo* yeah but then i'd argue him and pac are different styles....

I saw it on a video...but if we are going on that source Pac landed 224 @ 31%, Floyd landed 208 @ 44%. Know which one i'd prefer...

Bear in mind Floyd fought Shane coming off a KO win against Margarito....Pac fought shane after a lucky draw against Mora, having not won in his last 2 fights. Do the math.
Reply 3369
Original post by vilongo
I liked you better when you were ignoring me, Jim.

Cos you write long ass lectures and i don't always have the time and patience.
In regards to the Pacquiao/Mosley fight, Pacquiao just did what he needed to get done. On two of the judges cards he won all 12 rounds and he also didn't get tagged big time like Floyd did. He didn't look phased once throughout the whole fight. He would have been foolish to go for an all out brawl because Mosley likes a brawl too and has a lot of punching power which Floyd found out.

In regards to the Pacquiao/Mayweather drugs testing argument, Floyd is clearly ducking the fight. He has already ducked Margarito and Cotto in his career and now he is doing the same to Pacquiao. Pacquiao does not need to prove himself. He has won 8 world titles across an array of different divisions. He's already cemented his place in boxing history, the same can't be said for Floyd as of yet, even with his perfect record. He only has about 4 or 5 big fights on his record plus he has never fought outside of the US with the majority of his fights in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Pacquiao agreed to the drugs test after and then Floyd came up with more excuses about his uncle having personal issues. Then Pacquiao's camp gave Mayweather a deadline to accept the fight in and Floyd let it pass and came out saying he had a court appearance to make in relation to charges he faced over assaulting his partner. Its funny because after he claimed he could not fight Pacquiao for these reasons he went and set up a fight with Mosley, so why couldn't Mayweather fight Pacquiao instead of Mosley and why did Mayweather let the deadline pass? Because he is ducking Pacquiao.

Why should have Pacquiao agreed to the Olympic style drug testing that means that Pacquiao could be tested immediately prior to the fight? Blood drawn immediately before the fight would slow Pacquiao down as it would stop energy being carried around the body. Its a scientific fact proven by a doctor Pacquiao's camp used to prove it. Mayweather has never demanded such a test before with his other opponents, even against boxers like De La Hoya and Mosley who have been rumoured to have cheated in the past. He just wants to do anything he can to avoid the fight to protect his 0 record.

I really for the life of me cannot understand why Floyd is ducking the fight either because he is more than capable of stopping Pacquiao. The fight could go either way to be honest. Yes Pacquiao has an array of talent and skill but Mayweather does to and it'll all depend on who performs better on the night and gets the job done.

The fact is, Mayweather needs a name like Pacquiao on his record because the only other 4 who are worth anything are Mosley, DLH, Hatton and Judah.

Now, Mayweather is fighting Victor Ortiz, a fighter who has lost to Marcos Maidana who himself lost to Khan. Is that some sort of joke? Really, Mayweather are you going to keep hand picking these opponents?

In my opinion, the fight will never ever happen simply because Mayweather is scared. Pacquiao's camp have even agreed to the drug testing yet Floyd's camp rejected it coming up with some other pathetic excuse.

I love how everyone jumps on the Mayweather bandwagon as well. What has he achieved other than a perfect record? Seriously, he hasn't in terms of belts achieved anywhere near what Pacquiao has. A true legend risks their record to beat the best. Just ask Ali, Hearns, Sugar Ray Robinson, Roy Jones Jnr, etc.

That is why for me, Mayweather, along with Calzaghe will never be regarded as a legend. They are boxing greats yes, but not legends because they protected their records by hand picking fights rather than fighting the best and putting it all on the line. Pacquiao hasn't been scared of anyone. He fought Marquez twice and Morales 3 times when a lot of fighters would have said no and carried on other opponents.

I'm not jumping on the Pacquiao bandwagon either, I'm telling it as it is. Either one of them is capable of winning the fight so I really in all honesty do not know why Floyd is ducking the fight. It comes down to he's either more scared than he should be and has less faith in his ability than he leads the public to believe or he is keeping it on hold so that when he does agree to it it will be a massive pay day for him to pay off his tax issues and still have enough money to live comfortably so he doesn't need to fight to a stupid age and risk his perfect record.

Given what Pacquiao has achieved, in my opinion, Mayweather only needs to beat him and he has cemented his legacy as an all time boxing legend. Thats the difference between being a great and a legend.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3371
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Blood drawn immediately before the fight would slow Pacquiao down as it would stop energy being carried around the body. Its a scientific fact proven by a doctor Pacquiao's camp used to prove it. Mayweather has never demanded such a test before with his other opponents, even against boxers like De La Hoya and Mosley who have been rumoured to have cheated in the past. He just wants to do anything he can to avoid the fight to protect his 0 record.

I don't know what doctor that is, but that does not seem scientifically viable. I doubt they take as much blood to the point you feel signs of dizziness/weakness. Nonetheless I agree with your main point, it was a rumor created by the Mayweather camp about Pac being on roids. All of Mayweather's previous opponents haven't been subject to this olympic style testing apart from Mosley mainly because the people were demanding the Pac/Floyd fight before he fought mosley. All of sudden he feels the pressure to become the ambassodor of the sport and the 'need to clean it up'.

I don't know what he's worried about, I personally think he has as much chance of beating pacquiao if not more. But as for regarding the fight taking place, there are greater excuses coming from the Mayweather camp then Pacquiao's. (Money split, testing etc.)
Original post by uer23
I don't know what doctor that is, but that does not seem scientifically viable. I doubt they take as much blood to the point you feel signs of dizziness/weakness. Nonetheless I agree with your main point, it was a rumor created by the Mayweather camp about Pac being on roids. All of Mayweather's previous opponents haven't been subject to this olympic style testing apart from Mosley mainly because the people were demanding the Pac/Floyd fight before he fought mosley. All of sudden he feels the pressure to become the ambassodor of the sport and the 'need to clean it up'.

I don't know what he's worried about, I personally think he has as much chance of beating pacquiao if not more. But as for regarding the fight taking place, there are greater excuses coming from the Mayweather camp then Pacquiao's. (Money split, testing etc.)

It is viable. Some doctors even tell you at hospitals to not drive home even after taking a small sample of blood because there is no way of knowing how your body will respond to it. Some people don't get any reaction to a blood test whereas others can feel sick, light headed and others have even fainted. The test also requires 2 injections as I have had them in the past when I was boxing.

Under the conditions Mayweather wanted then Mayweather could have had his blood taken 7 days before the fight and Pacquiao could have had it 10 minutes before the fight. This would have meant that Pacquiao's body would have focused on replacing that blood rather than delivering energy to the key parts of his body. Pacquiao himself has even stated it would weaken him when he got proof from a doctor on it.

Also, given that there is a lot of rumours that the Nevada State own Mayweather and due to his criminal activities they have him in their back pocket, its not that far fetched to believe they could fix the drugs test so Pacquiao gets tested within a day of the fight or less.

http://buyhghtoday.com/steroids/pacquiao-weakened-by-blood-test-before-the-first-morales-fight/

People need to remember, Mayweather is a business man first and foremost, he see's boxing as a job and not as a sport he loves doing. He is not called Floyd 'Money' Mayweather for nothing.
Just thought I'd make you all envious by telling you of my visit to Vegas a few years ago (have relatives in the U.S.) and going to the MGM Grand for Kevin Kelley v Marco Antonio Barrera. Had my photo taken with George Foreman and Roy Jones Jr walked past me with his minders.
Reply 3374
In regards to the Pacquiao/Mosley fight, Pacquiao just did what he needed to get done. On two of the judges cards he won all 12 rounds and he also didn't get tagged big time like Floyd did. He didn't look phased once throughout the whole fight. He would have been foolish to go for an all out brawl because Mosley likes a brawl too and has a lot of punching power which Floyd found out.

In regards to the Pacquiao/Mayweather drugs testing argument, Floyd is clearly ducking the fight. He has already ducked Margarito and Cotto in his career and now he is doing the same to Pacquiao. Pacquiao does not need to prove himself. He has won 8 world titles across an array of different divisions. He's already cemented his place in boxing history, the same can't be said for Floyd as of yet, even with his perfect record. He only has about 4 or 5 big fights on his record plus he has never fought outside of the US with the majority of his fights in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Pacquiao agreed to the drugs test after and then Floyd came up with more excuses about his uncle having personal issues. Then Pacquiao's camp gave Mayweather a deadline to accept the fight in and Floyd let it pass and came out saying he had a court appearance to make in relation to charges he faced over assaulting his partner. Its funny because after he claimed he could not fight Pacquiao for these reasons he went and set up a fight with Mosley, so why couldn't Mayweather fight Pacquiao instead of Mosley and why did Mayweather let the deadline pass? Because he is ducking Pacquiao.

Why should have Pacquiao agreed to the Olympic style drug testing that means that Pacquiao could be tested immediately prior to the fight? Blood drawn immediately before the fight would slow Pacquiao down as it would stop energy being carried around the body. Its a scientific fact proven by a doctor Pacquiao's camp used to prove it. Mayweather has never demanded such a test before with his other opponents, even against boxers like De La Hoya and Mosley who have been rumoured to have cheated in the past. He just wants to do anything he can to avoid the fight to protect his 0 record.

I really for the life of me cannot understand why Floyd is ducking the fight either because he is more than capable of stopping Pacquiao. The fight could go either way to be honest. Yes Pacquiao has an array of talent and skill but Mayweather does to and it'll all depend on who performs better on the night and gets the job done.

The fact is, Mayweather needs a name like Pacquiao on his record because the only other 4 who are worth anything are Mosley, DLH, Hatton and Judah.

Now, Mayweather is fighting Victor Ortiz, a fighter who has lost to Marcos Maidana who himself lost to Khan. Is that some sort of joke? Really, Mayweather are you going to keep hand picking these opponents?

In my opinion, the fight will never ever happen simply because Mayweather is scared. Pacquiao's camp have even agreed to the drug testing yet Floyd's camp rejected it coming up with some other pathetic excuse.

I love how everyone jumps on the Mayweather bandwagon as well. What has he achieved other than a perfect record? Seriously, he hasn't in terms of belts achieved anywhere near what Pacquiao has. A true legend risks their record to beat the best. Just ask Ali, Hearns, Sugar Ray Robinson, Roy Jones Jnr, etc.

That is why for me, Mayweather, along with Calzaghe will never be regarded as a legend. They are boxing greats yes, but not legends because they protected their records by hand picking fights rather than fighting the best and putting it all on the line. Pacquiao hasn't been scared of anyone. He fought Marquez twice and Morales 3 times when a lot of fighters would have said no and carried on other opponents.

I'm not jumping on the Pacquiao bandwagon either, I'm telling it as it is. Either one of them is capable of winning the fight so I really in all honesty do not know why Floyd is ducking the fight. It comes down to he's either more scared than he should be and has less faith in his ability than he leads the public to believe or he is keeping it on hold so that when he does agree to it it will be a massive pay day for him to pay off his tax issues and still have enough money to live comfortably so he doesn't need to fight to a stupid age and risk his perfect record.

Given what Pacquiao has achieved, in my opinion, Mayweather only needs to beat him and he has cemented his legacy as an all time boxing legend. Thats the difference between being a great and a legend.

Floyd is not "clearly ducking" the fight, its a two way thing. Fact is that Mayweather had signed upon a contract to fight including the randomized drug tests... Pac didn't sign. Now those are the facts. Floyd has won 9 world titles, generated the most PPV buys of all time.

Pac still wanted a cut-off 14 days originally then 10 and now its gone down to 7. Still not what Floyd wants, 7 days is a long time to juice up. Its clear you are a PACtard.

Dude its the same for both fighters, a level playing field. Is that not what everybody wants to see? It is not a significant amount of blood drawn and until you link me to a study proving that a small amount of blood removed has a significant effect on performance, I ain't believing it. Psychologically maybe, but not physically.

You missed Arturo Gatti and Floyd fought an undefeated Ricky Hatton, a non-weight drained De la Hoya and a Mosley coming off a KO against Margarito. Compare this to Pac.

Yeah he fought Marquez and arguably should've lost on both occasions.
Reply 3375
It is viable. Some doctors even tell you at hospitals to not drive home even after taking a small sample of blood because there is no way of knowing how your body will respond to it. Some people don't get any reaction to a blood test whereas others can feel sick, light headed and others have even fainted. The test also requires 2 injections as I have had them in the past when I was boxing.

Under the conditions Mayweather wanted then Mayweather could have had his blood taken 7 days before the fight and Pacquiao could have had it 10 minutes before the fight. This would have meant that Pacquiao's body would have focused on replacing that blood rather than delivering energy to the key parts of his body. Pacquiao himself has even stated it would weaken him when he got proof from a doctor on it.

Also, given that there is a lot of rumours that the Nevada State own Mayweather and due to his criminal activities they have him in their back pocket, its not that far fetched to believe they could fix the drugs test so Pacquiao gets tested within a day of the fight or less.

http://buyhghtoday.com/steroids/pacquiao-weakened-by-blood-test-before-the-first-morales-fight/

People need to remember, Mayweather is a business man first and foremost, he see's boxing as a job and not as a sport he loves doing. He is not called Floyd 'Money' Mayweather for nothing.

Lol anecdotal evidence doesn't mean ****, wheres the studies bro? Lol at you comparing the testing you had to WADAs for elite athletes...just wow.

Nah Floyd had the 7 day thing with Shane...he agreed to no cut-off v Manny. You clearly don't understand the science behind blood replacement, its not like the body says oh i need more blood so i'm gonna use all my energy to do that rather then deliver it to the muscles. It don't work like that...replacing blood naturally is fairly long-term.

Its run by WADA who are totally independent now that is some PACtard bull****
Original post by jimber
Lol anecdotal evidence doesn't mean ****, wheres the studies bro? Lol at you comparing the testing you had to WADAs for elite athletes...just wow.

Nah Floyd had the 7 day thing with Shane...he agreed to no cut-off v Manny. You clearly don't understand the science behind blood replacement, its not like the body says oh i need more blood so i'm gonna use all my energy to do that rather then deliver it to the muscles. It don't work like that...replacing blood naturally is fairly long-term.

Its run by WADA who are totally independent now that is some PACtard bull****

I boxed on behalf of the Welsh in the British championships at 14 years of age. You have to have exactly the same drug and blood testing. The tests Mayweather wanted are Olympic standard, just as you have at the Olympic games and at British boxing level. The test is no different. If anything, at amateur level its more strict. The olympic style doping is far more strict than that in professional boxing.

I'm talking from experience. Do you really think a drug test is any different? No, its not. I've had to have blood tests done a number of times.

And obviously, in terms of blood replacement then I was just summing it up in short but even Pacquiao himself has stated that it would weaken him, which is shown in the video I provided.

Seriously, who do you think knows more - a professional boxer in Manny Pacquiao on his doctors advice who has been boxing for years, me who fought as an amateur for 4 years or you on TSR going on a foul mouthed rant. Grow up!

I also never sided with Pacquiao and had you read the whole thing you would have noticed that I said Floyd is more than capable of beating him.
Reply 3377
I boxed on behalf of the Welsh in the British championships at 14 years of age. You have to have exactly the same drug and blood testing. The tests Mayweather wanted are Olympic standard, just as you have at the Olympic games and at British boxing level. The test is no different. If anything, at amateur level its more strict. The olympic style doping is far more strict than that in professional boxing.

I'm talking from experience. Do you really think a drug test is any different? No, its not. I've had to have blood tests done a number of times.

And obviously, in terms of blood replacement then I was just summing it up in short but even Pacquiao himself has stated that it would weaken him, which is shown in the video I provided.

Seriously, who do you think knows more - a professional boxer in Manny Pacquiao on his doctors advice who has been boxing for years, me who fought as an amateur for 4 years or you on TSR going on a foul mouthed rant. Grow up!

I also never sided with Pacquiao and had you read the whole thing you would have noticed that I said Floyd is more than capable of beating him.

wow cool story bro. Its not exactly the same they wouldn't pay for official WADA representatives to come over to collect random urine + blood samples. Yeah controlled by WADA, my whole coursework was on drugs in sport. Yeah pro drug testing is too slack, which is why it should be moved to olympic level.

ahaa you obviously don't understand the complexities of it....I ain't got time to explain but just research it.

Yeah Pac saying it weakens him is still not scientific proof. He felt weak in the fight which could have been for many other reasons.

Haha mate you fought 4 years....what do you want a medal, doesn't mean you know more then me at all. You have clearly sided with Pac or read sites that are written by PACtards.
Original post by jimber
wow cool story bro. Its not exactly the same they wouldn't pay for official WADA representatives to come over to collect random urine + blood samples. Yeah controlled by WADA, my whole coursework was on drugs in sport. Yeah pro drug testing is too slack, which is why it should be moved to olympic level.

ahaa you obviously don't understand the complexities of it....I ain't got time to explain but just research it.

Yeah Pac saying it weakens him is still not scientific proof. He felt weak in the fight which could have been for many other reasons.

Haha mate you fought 4 years....what do you want a medal, doesn't mean you know more then me at all. You have clearly sided with Pac or read sites that are written by PACtards.

I had my doping done by olympic doping representatives who are as competent. I had to have both urine and blood samples taken to test for absolutely everything.

Also, just because you've done coursework on the subject doesn't mean you know everything. Academic studies and the real world are two different things entirely and its how you apply that knowledge in the real world which makes the difference to whether or not you're successful in life.

As I've already said, people respond to blood being taken differently. I've seen people become nauseous from having blood drawn and I've seen people who are perfectly fine from it. You are clearly unaware that everyone is different.

Also, its obvious that Floyd is ducking Pacquiao. Why? I don't know because he is more than capable of getting the job done but he is. Every time Pacquiao agrees to one of Mayweathers new stipulations Mayweather throws another in his path. The majority of the boxing world know this.

Also, I have a medal as I won 8 out of 9 fights and won the Welsh Championships. And now, I don't read biased nonsense off the internet as I come to my own conclusions on things but you obviously do read biased information as you refer to Pacquiao fans as PACtards. That itself proves that you are firmly in Mayweathers camp.

I'm not going to respond to you again as you clearly are in Mayweathers camp and you just want a full blown argument like a child. I've been heavily involved with the sport for years and years, competed for 4 years and I am quite capable of having my own opinion on something. Don't like my opinion then disagree with it but don't just start accusing me of being a PACtard because I am not. I am a fan of both Mayweather and Pacquiao.
Reply 3379
I had my doping done by olympic doping representatives who are as competent. I had to have both urine and blood samples taken to test for absolutely everything.

Also, just because you've done coursework on the subject doesn't mean you know everything. Academic studies and the real world are two different things entirely and its how you apply that knowledge in the real world which makes the difference to whether or not you're successful in life.

As I've already said, people respond to blood being taken differently. I've seen people become nauseous from having blood drawn and I've seen people who are perfectly fine from it. You are clearly unaware that everyone is different.

Also, its obvious that Floyd is ducking Pacquiao. Why? I don't know because he is more than capable of getting the job done but he is. Every time Pacquiao agrees to one of Mayweathers new stipulations Mayweather throws another in his path. The majority of the boxing world know this.

Also, I have a medal as I won 8 out of 9 fights and won the Welsh Championships. And now, I don't read biased nonsense off the internet as I come to my own conclusions on things but you obviously do read biased information as you refer to Pacquiao fans as PACtards. That itself proves that you are firmly in Mayweathers camp.

I'm not going to respond to you again as you clearly are in Mayweathers camp and you just want a full blown argument like a child. I've been heavily involved with the sport for years and years, competed for 4 years and I am quite capable of having my own opinion on something. Don't like my opinion then disagree with it but don't just start accusing me of being a PACtard because I am not. I am a fan of both Mayweather and Pacquiao.

With all respect mate its incomparable. At an elite level when the WADA officials decide they need to take a sample (which could be any time of the day/night, they have to be told where your gonna be at a certain date) they have to not let the athlete out of their sight. e.g. in a 24/7 of Floyd v Shane they had to wait for something like 5/6 hours for a urine sample due to Floyd being so dehydrated after a hard session. My betting is you got tested on or around the day you fought. It is incomparable mate, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

No I don't know everything, but it seems like I know alot more about the subject/process then you. You notice how none of the press after the Pac fight asked him about the drug testing, this is the answer everything wants to hear, that he has fully agreed to random testing. He has not done this yet, there are crappy videos of him saying words to the effectbut he hasn't done it through a reliable media outlet. This is all to do with Arum/top rank, ask a bad question and Arum won't give you access to Top rank events.

Good for them, I give blood and we are talking a pint here rather then a syringe full. The effects are blown way out of proportion, a syringe of blood is gonna have little effect in a body that has 5-6 litres of the stuff.

Lol Pac doesn't want this fight as much as people think. Its a two way thing at the moment, but originally Floyd SIGNED on a contract stipulating random drug testing which was the disputing point from PACS side. That is a fact, so we know that at least once Manyy has rejected the fight.

I really don't care about how well you might've done when you fought, its not relevant at all - you just sound like a knob who's trying to brag about it. I'm a Floyd fan I admit, i'd love to see Floyd school Manny, but overall i'm a boxing fan. If oyu can't see that you are slightly biased to Pac, your seeing it from his fans point of view all the time.

That's the point, I am disagreeing with your opinion, surely thats what forums are all about?

Latest