Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Depends. Are you counting Paul McGann in your contemplation? :pierre:

I count everything or nothing :colonhash:
Moffat is a troll. :rofl:

Spoiler

Actually your initial thought was right - it's an upside down painting of a Silent. :teehee:

seriously? faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak me :s
anyway, I don't know whether anyone has written this [sorry if they have, this thread is beyond long] but in Blink [series..4?], Martha and Tennant!Who say hey visit the moon landing 4 times. thoughts?
I think the last old Who I watched had the Sontarons teaming up with a Spanish crime cartel. And the Doctor got a disease.

Something like that.
Original post by boba
in the library episode when the doctor says something about how theres only one reason he could tell someone his proper name. does anyone know what that reason is is it something from the old series or just something we don't know

I don't think we do know why River knows his proper name. Before the doctor is killed he says something to the astronaut, perhaps it's River inside the space suit and the Doctor told her his name. This would also explain why River said "of course not" when she couldn't shoot the astronaut because it would have been her past.
Why are you guys giving me answers? :unsure:

Cos you asked and I'm bored. I also change to "Blink" cos I didn't see it :redface:
Reply 1965
Original post by emi_sarb
I don't think we do know why River knows his proper name. Before the doctor is killed he says something to the astronaut, perhaps it's River inside the space suit and the Doctor told her his name. This would also explain why River said "of course not" when she couldn't shoot the astronaut because it would have been her past.

but what would she try to shoot her past self. that would be pretty stupid
Original post by birduk
Also hence why this week they are now making it obvious that Rory and Amy go to bed together- that has never been used before has it. I am sure it has never been implied that companions actually have a bedroom- or did I miss that before too? Hence the pregnant/not pregnant thing... as in little baby 'Pond' could have been conceived in the TARDIS? Also setting us up for the scary running through the evil TARDIS next week?

(Edit- yes I know some of this has been mentioned, but there are subtle references backing up your theories)

In old Dr Who both Romana's and Adrics bedrooms were shown, I cant remember if anyone elses was though.
I'm not sure which has been my favourite series to be honest.
Reply 1968
'Doctor Who' Q&A: A chat with Neil Gaiman

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/tubetalk/a318486/doctor-who-qa-a-chat-with-neil-gaiman.html

Spoiler

Curious. Saturday, just come now.

And his blog :awesome:
Reply 1969
I think series 5 was my favourite but I would have liked to have seen Tennant with a better lead writer. Although I don't think he would have suited Moffat and the direction he appears to want DW to go.
Stop with the ****ing RTD hate, it's unwarranted.
Reply 1971
Original post by Colonel.

Stop with the ****ing RTD hate, it's unwarranted.

I understand RTD was needed and his style of storytelling was needed. But really it could have been so much better.
Series 1 love :awesome:
I went with the specials ironically.
Original post by Mess.
I understand RTD was needed and his style of storytelling was needed. But really it could have been so much better.

Hmm. We'll continue this debate in three months, when I can be bothered :h:

:awesome:
Reply 1975
I went with the Specials. They had that epic finality to them, both in terms of twists and emotion. You seen the Doctor portrayed in this arrogant and sinister way, and then you had the emotional rollarcoaster (starting from the cafe scene with Wilfred, to the Master's redemption and finishing off with the four knocks and his tearful regeneration).

I enjoyed the specials but not as much as I should have done. Something just felt missing :unsure:

Although the Master shakey head thing absolutely destroyed any credibility of the final two parter for me :sad:

Hmm. We'll continue this debate in three months, when I can be bothered :h:

:awesome:

This debate comes up once every couple of weeks so I am sure you will get a chance to debate it again :mmm:
The specials reeled me in. I watched series 4 occasionally and but I started following Doctor Who with the specials but I can't choose between the specials and series 5.
Reply 1977
There's gonna be tears? Wow. Now i really can't wait until Saturday
If I could get hold of Gaiman's bunch of friends................
I went with Series 3.

I can pick the worst series far easier than i can pick the best.

Latest