The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twelve
I was talking to my dad about this - I've booked a few holidays straight after exams, so I can't really start until August, but he said to apply now anyway. I think he said that as long as you're honest and don't try and make out you can start straight away, then it doesn't matter. Thats the difficulty with all of these - they don't tell you when they actually want you. I'd assume that they'd advertise the vacancy as soon as the previous job holder gave in their notice. How long before they leave do they have to give in their notice?

Ah very good point.. :rolleyes:
One of them says four weeks actually
Thanks for that. I'm hopefull now :smile:
Reply 1661
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
I'm not sure when they'll start, I presume during exams though
If so, i'll turn them down cos i can always apply for another vacancy i guess
These ones are 37.5 hours a week monday-friday so full time, would be great to have after exams but I'm just going to go to the interviews for the experience for now

try for banks? Some application form lets you say when you can start, if not mention it in your interview. It's not worth workin during exams tho
Is anyone else procrastinating a lot lately..?
I've ordered all my 2012 prospectuses, looked at all their accomodation websites (big decision factor), emailed all of them about my academics, compiled a list of unis to apply to according to the outcome of my A levels/UKCAT, gone book shopping for the UKCAT and applied for jobs just about everywhere..

At this rate, I may draft my personal statement before I revise unit 4 chemistry.. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dmz
try for banks? Some application form lets you say when you can start, if not mention it in your interview. It's not worth workin during exams tho

Yea i agree it's not worth it
It's really hard to be put on the bank though!
I'm on the NHS bank for clerical/admin on hospital wards but getting my name down at first was wayy hard, can't imagine how hard it would be to become a bank HCA
Even though it's something I'd love to do, you get to see so many different things, like a preview of your F1 rotation.. :rolleyes:
Reply 1664
I've ordered all my 2012 prospectuses, looked at all their accomodation (big decision factor), emailed all of them about my academics, compiled a list of unis to apply to according to the outcome of my A levels/UKCAT, gone book shopping for the UKCAT and applied for jobs just about everywhere..

At this rate, I may draft my personal statement before I revise unit 4 chemistry.. :frown:

Ahh man I know how you feel!

I was sat in the library at college today, trying to revise, and ended up looking at UKCAT prep, considered ordering a prospectus and looked at my university list again.

Its soo hard to stay motivated to actually get the grades. In some ways, its worse that I don't have to get great grades in the summer. In a nutshell, this is what I HAVE to get:
Further Maths modules: Average a low B, in three modules. One of them is M1 - I'm pretty sure I can get an A in that.
Maths: I've got an A guaranteed. I'm resitting to attempt an A*.
Chemistry: If I get a C in this exam, I get an A overall. If I just scrape an A, I get an A*.
Biology: If I get a B, I've got an A overall.

Tell me you would be motivated to work hard if thats what you had to aim for?!
Original post by twelve

I was sat in the library at college today, trying to revise, and ended up looking at UKCAT prep, considered ordering a prospectus and looked at my university list again.

Its soo hard to stay motivated to actually get the grades. In some ways, its worse that I don't have to get great grades in the summer. In a nutshell, this is what I HAVE to get:
Further Maths modules: Average a low B, in three modules. One of them is M1 - I'm pretty sure I can get an A in that.
Chemistry: If I get a C in this exam, I get an A overall. If I just scrape an A, I get an A*.

LOL wow, i can't relax that much...
i need a mid-ish to high kind of B's to get As in Bio + Chem and an E in C4 to get an A in maths
but i'm predicted A*s in chem and maths, thus I'm retaking C3, whereas others wouldn't and I suppose I just think: i've been predicted 2A*s so even if i get AAA, i'd be underachieving and there'd be no difference between an A and an E in my maths modules so I might as well work hard and achieve my personal best, even if unis don't give a ****... :biggrin:
Reply 1666
Original post by twelve

i had similar but not so similar situations and i ****ed myself a bit, needed a middle A in practical for chemistry to get A* and i got a D, needed a low A in physics to get an A* and high E for an A ended up with a low B, i kinda decided not to bother with bio cos i needed a middle A, but ended up with 4ums away regretted not making the effort, needed 86 in D1 for an A and got 60, lol. A*A*AB is a lot lot different than AABB tho i wasn't too far from it so try not to get complacent :smile:
Reply 1667
LOL wow, i can't relax that much...
i need a mid-ish to high kind of B's to get As in Bio + Chem and an E in C4 to get an A in maths
but i'm predicted A*s in chem and maths, thus I'm retaking C3, whereas others wouldn't and I suppose I just think: i've been predicted 2A*s so even if i get AAA, i'd be underachieving and there'd be no difference between an A and an E in my maths modules so I might as well work hard and achieve my personal best, even if unis don't give a ****... :biggrin:

Yeah thats the only thing isn't it - I would be underachieving. We'll do it together though :biggrin: Get those two A*'s each, and we'll get into 10 medical schools next year, and have people falling over themselves to give us £5000000 a year jobs :biggrin:
Reply 1668
Yea i agree it's not worth it
It's really hard to be put on the bank though!
I'm on the NHS bank for clerical/admin on hospital wards but getting my name down at first was wayy hard, can't imagine how hard it would be to become a bank HCA
Even though it's something I'd love to do, you get to see so many different things, like a preview of your F1 rotation.. :rolleyes:

Oh, never managed paid work in an hospital, it's hard!
Original post by twelve
Yeah thats the only thing isn't it - I would be underachieving. We'll do it together though :biggrin: Get those two A*'s each, and we'll get into 10 medical schools next year, and have people falling over themselves to give us £5000000 a year jobs :biggrin:

Haha i like the sound of that :rolleyes:

Original post by dmz
Oh, never managed paid work in an hospital, it's hard!

I know! Have no idea how i managed to land my interviews..
But my mum does work in one of them.. :colondollar:
And i used the exact same app for the second one
Reply 1670
I've ordered all my 2012 prospectuses, looked at all their accomodation websites (big decision factor), emailed all of them about my academics, compiled a list of unis to apply to according to the outcome of my A levels/UKCAT, gone book shopping for the UKCAT and applied for jobs just about everywhere..

Is that AQA? I'm resitting chemistry unit 4 as well. I'm not starting until i get study leave - i have other priorities at the moment... like catching up on Russell Howard's Hood News :cool:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by -Taz-
Is that AQA? I'm resitting chemistry unit 4 as well. I'm not starting until i get study leave - i have higher priorities at the moment... like catching up on Russell Howard's Hood News :cool:

No its Edexcel, possibly the crappest board for chemistry, textbook is crapp, quite a few mistakes in it too :mad:
Our school didn't do unit 4 in Jan, we're doing both unit 4 and 5 in june
We also never did a jan biology exam so i gotta revise everything for that as well :frown:

LOL at higher priorities!
Reply 1672
No its Edexcel, possibly the crappest board for chemistry, textbook is crapp, quite a few mistakes in it too :mad:
Our school didn't do unit 4 in Jan, we're doing both unit 4 and 5 in june
We also never did a jan biology exam so i gotta revise everything for that as well :frown:

LOL at higher priorities!

:teehee: It's been a long day
Original post by -Taz-
:teehee: It's been a long day

lol same here, i've been downloading music for the past hour
Well at least my ipod is well updated now..
Reply 1674
lol same here, i've been downloading music for the past hour
Well at least my ipod is well updated now..

:heart: Music :heart:

Anything in particular?
Original post by -Taz-
:heart: Music :heart:

Anything in particular?

So do i! Its what keeps me sanee, i have a different style of music for what mood i'm in :rolleyes:
Ahaha you may not have a clue but here goes: beenie man, nicki minaj, J cole, J Lo, nicole scherzinger, chris brown, lupe fiasco, kanye, beyonce, vybz kartel, mavado..
Reply 1676
So do i! Its what keeps me sanee, i have a different style of music for what mood i'm in :rolleyes:
Ahaha you may not have a clue but here goes: beenie man, nicki minaj, J cole, J Lo, nicole scherzinger, chris brown, lupe fiasco, kanye, beyonce, vybz kartel, mavado..

Yes, yes yes yes :biggrin:

There are literally hundreds of artists i love

eminem, green day, linkin park, avril lavigne, bon jovi, dmx, egypt central, jay sean, kardinal offishall, girls aloud, MJ, nelly, paramora, queen, nelly, rihanna, sick puppies, sum41, the roots, the xx, tinie tempah

... A nice (somewhat random) range there :music:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by -Taz-
Yes, yes yes yes :biggrin:

There are literally hundreds of artists i love

eminem, green day, linkin park, avril lavigne, bon jovi, dmx, egypt central, jay sean, kardinal offishall, girls aloud, MJ, nelly, paramora, queen, nelly, rihanna, sick puppies, sum41, the roots, the xx, tinie tempah

... A nice range there IMO :music:

Definately a nice range there
the fact that you like the roots surprised me though!
i thought i was the only one into neosoul that wasn't born in the 80s

Well i'm off to bed, gotta be up by 5 and i sleep like someone in a coma lol
night music buddy :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1678
Definately a nice range there
the fact that you like the roots surprised me though!
i thought i was the only one into neosoul that wasn't born in the 80s

Well i'm off to bed, gotta be up by 5 and i sleep like someone in a coma lol
night music buddy :smile:

:hi:
Reply 1679

got j cole in my Sig, pretty big on drake too :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending