The Student Room Group

If Kate Middleton was black...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by jetsetgirl
Wealthy and intelligent non-white families do exist, you know. OP said nothing about social class. Obviously, the girl would have to be well raised and educated. If she possessed all these qualities, the colour of her skin is a meaningless isue. I do believe (one of?) the wealthiest men in the UK is Indian. If he had a daughter, she'd be of a hard-working (wealth is self-made) and likely well educated background.

Anecdotal. The thread started with a 'what if?' question. It likely wouldn't happen because of the Windsors' conservative nature, but the OP was asking if it would be allowed had Will or Harry fall in love with someone of a different race. Nobody's arguing the likelihood of this occurring. Also, stop pulling statistics out of your arse. :rolleyes:

Why would non-white people be enemies to whites? They've never enslaved/colonised them so any fear would be groundless and irrational anyway. I'm not saying I agree with those who see white people as an enemy, but surely you can see where that man you've quoted is coming from? There's painful history there and you'd do well not to be so dismissive of it.

Nobody's expecting black people to have "royal power" (and lol at you assuming what my background is because I've defended non-white people). It's simply a question. If either prince wanted to marry someone of a different race, would it be allowed? That was the question. Full stop.

y u mad, bro? :cool:

Whatever .. you're just clutching at straws.

How about if a white guy wanted to go out with a Muslim girl - do you think his Muslim parents would be alright with that? .... What's your excuse this time I wonder :rolleyes:
remember what happened to Diana and her Egyptian boyfriend was it a tragic accident or a premeditated event by the secret service ?
Original post by Skill
Whatever .. you're just clutching at straws.

You're getting desperate and even you know it. :rolleyes:

Original post by Skill
How about if a white guy wanted to go out with a Muslim girl - do you think his Muslim parents would be alright with that? .... What's your excuse this time I wonder :rolleyes:

I am a Muslim girl. I have been in that situation. And you know what? My parents came around to it because he was perfectly lovely, intelligent and respectful. I'm not going to defend other bigoted people and their families because they're in the wrong too. Two wrongs don't make a right, etc...

I love how you've brought religion into this and strayed so far from the original question. I'm going to be polite here and request you stop quoting to me because you haven't addressed even one of my well-thought out points, so I won't bother to reply in the future.
Reply 223
You're getting desperate and even you know it. :rolleyes:

I am a Muslim girl. I have been in that situation. And you know what? My parents came around to it because he was perfectly lovely, intelligent and respectful. I'm not going to defend other bigoted people and their families because they're in the wrong too. Two wrongs don't make a right, etc...

I love how you've brought religion into this and strayed so far from the original question. I'm going to be polite here and request you stop quoting to me because you haven't addressed even one of my well-thought out points, so I won't bother to reply in the future.

You really are a bit of a plank aren't you.

The argument was if Willy boy wanted to bring home an ethnic girl would it be allowed to which the ethnics say no - hence why this argument was started.

There's an argument that Muslims don't want their kids to date white people - and you've just gone 'My parents came around to it because he was perfectly lovely, intelligent and respectful. '

How can you say that the Royal family wouldn't do the same with an ethnic girl who Willy wanted? You simply can't say that it wouldn't be allowed in the Royal Family, if you're going to come up with your own little story about how your Muslim parents finally came around to your white boyfriend. Who are you to say?

I find it ironic that this Kate Middleton thread was started and yet Muslims don't want their kids to go out with a white English person! wtf if ever hypocrisy needed an example. Embarrassing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Skill
I find it ironic that this Kate Middleton thread was started and yet Muslims don't want their kids to go out with a white English person! wtf if ever hypocrisy needed an example. Embarrassing.

What's it got to do with Muslims?? You don't even know who's Muslim and who's not on this thread (bar the girl that just stated she is). Therefore it's only hypocrisy if the person is Muslim and if they come from a family like th one you're describing.

You're bringing up totally irrelevant points and tbh it seems you too have a bit of a chip on your shoulder.
Reply 225
Original post by Nomes89
What's it got to do with Muslims?? You don't even know who's Muslim and who's not on this thread (bar the girl that just stated she is). Therefore it's only hypocrisy if the person is Muslim and if they come from a family like th one you're describing.

You're bringing up totally irrelevant points and tbh it seems you too have a bit of a chip on your shoulder.

I don't like ethnic people criticising white English people when they are undeserving of racist accusations (as is the case here) and therefore I'm balancing it up to see what the ethnics have to say about their own faults. Maybe they should start looking in the mirror before they start throwing out insults about the Royal family being racist.

What's it got to do with Muslims? I'm trying to point out ethnic people should maybe think before they post, because frankly my opinion is that the scenario I explained with the muslims is racism. If it was the other way around it would be, so I don't see why it's not racist this way as well.

Think about it - people are saying William wouldn't go out with an ethnic or marry one etc or wouldn't be allowed to - cas Muslim families allow their kids to marry white English kids right? :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Skill
I don't like ethnic people criticising white English people when they are undeserving of racist accusations (as is the case here) and therefore I'm balancing it up to see what the ethnics have to say about their own faults. Maybe they should start looking in the mirror before they start throwing out insults about the Royal family being racist.

What's it got to do with Muslims? I'm trying to point out ethnic people should maybe think before they post, because frankly my opinion is that the scenario I explained with the muslims is racism. If it was the other way around it would be, so I don't see why it's not racist this way as well.

Think about it - people are saying William wouldn't go out with an ethnic or marry one etc or wouldn't be allowed to - cas Muslim families allow their kids to marry white English kids right? :rolleyes:

Well I agree that there are members of all races who are against marrying 'outside the race' and I disagree with any race having that attitude (including my own). I think the comments were only aimed at the Royal Family and not white English people in general however. Also I'm not sure anyone here would suggest Muslims (do you mean Asians?) that say their children cannot marry 'outside the race' aren't racist?
Oh come on.
i'm waiting on the photoshopped versions of her being black, asian, chinese etc...
in her wedding dress with william :biggrin:
Original post by Skill
You really are a bit of a plank aren't you.

The argument was if Willy boy wanted to bring home an ethnic girl would it be allowed to which the ethnics say no - hence why this argument was started.

There's an argument that Muslims don't want their kids to date white people - and you've just gone 'My parents came around to it because he was perfectly lovely, intelligent and respectful. '

How can you say that the Royal family wouldn't do the same with an ethnic girl who Willy wanted? You simply can't say that it wouldn't be allowed in the Royal Family, if you're going to come up with your own little story about how your Muslim parents finally came around to your white boyfriend. Who are you to say?

OH MY FREAKING GOD. How do you keep coming back to entirely irrelevant points? We are talking about ONE family, not the entire White British demographic. ONE FAMILY and that is the ROYAL FAMILY. Where did I say EVERY White British family is racist and close-minded? I think the position and conservative background of the Windsors especially would cause them to react differently to other British families. And you can hardly compare my family to the Royal family, we haven't got the unique historical context of the Royal family and neither do the vast majority of white families and this means they'd react differently to other white parents.

Also, Muslim isn't a race.
Original post by qwerty_mad
...or Asian, for that matter, would she have been allowed to marry William? Part of me thinks somehow the Royal Family would have ensured that he stopped seeing her.

What if he met her at st andrews ,but she was a server in the dining room.?
Reply 231
OH MY FREAKING GOD. How do you keep coming back to entirely irrelevant points? We are talking about ONE family, not the entire White British demographic. ONE FAMILY and that is the ROYAL FAMILY. Where did I say EVERY White British family is racist and close-minded? I think the position and conservative background of the Windsors especially would cause them to react differently to other British families. And you can hardly compare my family to the Royal family, we haven't got the unique historical context of the Royal family and neither do the vast majority of white families and this means they'd react differently to other white parents.

Also, Muslim isn't a race.

I don't care. I think it's cheap and pathetic for any Muslim to jump on this bandwagon and slate the Royal Family etc when closer to home is more actual evidence of what they themselves are saying is wrong. Pathetic.
No. I personally don't think she would have.

Racist much?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending