The Student Room Group

Islamification is a good thing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by JacobW
So having identified that greed, consumerism, and a lack of decency and morality are problems in our society, what do you propose as a solution? Embracing a violent, bloody ideology that suppresses independent thought, denies scientific facts, and condones the murder of anyone who has second thoughts.
Brilliant.

Congratulations, you're a typical Westerner who has successfully been swayed by anti-Islamic propaganda.
Reply 301
Original post by Midnight_sun
lool good one

lool
Original post by Jacktri
English -------> understand science = Athiesm
--------> too stupid for science = Islam
--------> lack of independent thought = Christianity

oversimplification of complex arguments due to arrogance and intellectual laziness------>normal internet teenage atheistic moron.
Reply 303
Original post by Selkarn
Congratulations, you're a typical Westerner who has successfully been swayed by anti-Islamic propaganda.

Not only is this a personal attack, not an attack on my argument, and therefore irrelevant to the discussion, but you have no good reason to suppose that my views are any more the result of propaganda than yours. I don't consider myself anti-islamic--I am opposed to all religions, ideologies, and theories that undermine reason, advocate 'faith', claim that belief is personal or subjective, or support action based on abstract moral principles with no grounding in reality.

I don't have anything against Muslims; I know several of them, all of them perfectly nice people. But Islam as a system of belief does all of the things I listed above, or at very least has the potential to do them, since it's a short step from irrational belief to destructive behaviour. All religion is necessarily irrational and the beliefs I mentioned are either inherent to, or the logical consequence of, faith.
Reply 304
Original post by JacobW
Not only is this a personal attack, not an attack on my argument, and therefore irrelevant to the discussion, but you have no good reason to suppose that my views are any more the result of propaganda than yours. I don't consider myself anti-islamic--I am opposed to all religions, ideologies, and theories that undermine reason, advocate 'faith', claim that belief is personal or subjective, or support action based on abstract moral principles with no grounding in reality.

I don't have anything against Muslims; I know several of them, all of them perfectly nice people. But Islam as a system of belief does all of the things I listed above, or at very least has the potential to do them, since it's a short step from irrational belief to destructive behaviour. All religion is necessarily irrational and the beliefs I mentioned are either inherent to, or the logical consequence of, faith.

Islam is a lot more "rational" and "reasoned" than atheism :s-smilie:
Reply 305
Original post by Selkarn

Please go on to support this rediculous statement.
Reply 306
Original post by Selkarn

"No evidence, no reason to believe" is less reasoned than, "No evidence, but I have faith!"?
Original post by Selkarn

Are you on drugs?

Is murdering anyone who criticises Islam more 'rational' and 'reasoned'?

I've never heard of an Athiest murdering a critic of athiesm, where the examples of Muslims murdering critics of Islam are limitless.
Reply 308
Original post by Quentin
Please go on to support this rediculous statement.

Original post by CJKay
"No evidence, no reason to believe" is less reasoned than, "No evidence, but I have faith!"?

Original post by Grim_the_Reaper
Are you on drugs?

Is murdering anyone who criticises Islam more 'rational' and 'reasoned'?

I've never heard of an Athiest murdering a critic of athiesm, where the examples of Muslims murdering critics of Islam are limitless.

I'm talking about any deist religion being more rational and reasoned than atheism. But if you want to focus on Islam, Muslims have things such as the scientific miracles of the Qur'an.. Atheists have nothing, just blind anger that they can't comprehend God..
Original post by Selkarn
I'm talking about any deist religion being more rational and reasoned than atheism. But if you want to focus on Islam, Muslims have things such as the scientific miracles of the Qur'an.. Atheists have nothing, just blind anger that they can't comprehend God..

You do talk utter drivel, don't you? Atheists aren't angry that they don't believe in gods. You really are going to have to justify your claim that blind belief in supernatural beings is more rational than requiring proof of their existence before doing so.
Original post by Selkarn

What the bloody hell are you going on about?

What are these 'scientific miracles'?
Reply 311
Original post by Selkarn

Sure it is. Man in the sky vs skeptical doubt based in some cases on scientific argument.

And Islam is more rational. :facepalm2:
Reply 312
Original post by Aj12
Sure it is. Man in the sky vs skeptical doubt based in some cases on scientific argument.

And Islam is more rational. :facepalm2:

Lolwut? Studying science has only further backed up my belief in a Supreme Being, especially physics, seeing how everything is so seemingly perfect and fits together seamlessly.
Reply 313
Original post by Grim_the_Reaper
What the bloody hell are you going on about?

What are these 'scientific miracles'?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=scientific+miracles+qur%27an
Reply 314
Original post by Selkarn
Lolwut? Studying science has only further backed up my belief in a Supreme Being, especially physics, seeing how everything is so seemingly perfect and fits together seamlessly.

You will find for the majority of people the opposite is true
Reply 315
Original post by Aj12
You will find for the majority of people the opposite is true

That doesn't make sense, but whatever.

John Alembillah Alembillah Azumah tears this 'Islamic science' myth to pieces:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWRhxO5S70A&feature=feedf
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 317
Original post by Selkarn

Miracles of the Qur'an? Blind anger?
Well, I'm outta here, I'm ain't talking to no crackpot.
Reply 318
Original post by CJKay
Miracles of the Qur'an? Blind anger?
Well, I'm outta here, I'm ain't talking to no crackpot.

Yep. Frustration.
Original post by Selkarn
Yep. Frustration.

150 negative reps from a single thread.
You lucky mofo!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending