The Student Room Group

To those who haven't started revising properly yet...

Scroll to see replies

History exam in 10 days and I know nothing. :cry2:
Original post by MasterJomi
I haven't started any form of revision yet! 1 and a half weeks to my first exam...

... I'll start on Monday....

Are you me? I did loads during Easter but I can't remember it now and I'm not stressed at all for some mad reason. I'll start tomorrow or Monday! :wink:
Original post by emilym94

Original post by emilym94
History exam in 10 days and I know nothing. :cry2:

Me neither..
Literally nothing... I don't know what to about History.. How are you revising/going to revise?
I still have to learn all of it first!!

What topics are you doing?
Original post by peachesandcream77
Me neither..
Literally nothing... I don't know what to about History.. How are you revising/going to revise?
I still have to learn all of it first!!

What topics are you doing?

Trying to use exam questions and plan the answers (without looking in my textbook). And then maybe writing the answers if I can be bothered. I'm doing USA 1890-1945 and Civil Rights in the USA. Fecking USA.. :banghead: You?
Reply 164
Original post by freefrag
Edexcel. I'm halfway through learning FP2, still need to learn D2 and M3.

:redface: I'm still self teaching myself M3, its a big hurdle compared to M2, definitely didn't expect it to be quite as tough (currently on chapter 4). D2 I stopped half way through, couldn't handle the amount of nonsense it went on bout :tongue:
I'm wayyy too relaxed in regards to revision at the moment.

Going to do an all nighter tonight. Slacking and my first exam is in 19 days. :eek3:
Original post by mir3a
:redface: I'm still self teaching myself M3, its a big hurdle compared to M2, definitely didn't expect it to be quite as tough (currently on chapter 4). D2 I stopped half way through, couldn't handle the amount of nonsense it went on bout :tongue:

Hmm, I looked through M3 and it really doesn't look that tough. It looks like a mix of physics As with some C4 integration thrown into it, which part did you find hard?
D2 I'm worried about, it looks way too long and way too boring.
Reply 167
Original post by freefrag
Hmm, I looked through M3 and it really doesn't look that tough. It looks like a mix of physics As with some C4 integration thrown into it, which part did you find hard?
D2 I'm worried about, it looks way too long and way too boring.

Chapter 4 is pretty tough, will start chapter 5 tomorrow, if it's full of C4 integration then that's good, but chapter 4 is bugging me. I'm doing OCR physics, they don't go into as much detail as what was in M3. D2 was horrid, I couldn't take it, so replaced D2 with M3. It is lengthy, and a lot more complex than D1.
Reply 168
Started revision in Easter and I'm panicking now, there's too much to bloody learn :frown:!! January exams seem so blissful now...
Reply 169
Original post by mir3a
Chapter 4 is pretty tough, will start chapter 5 tomorrow, if it's full of C4 integration then that's good, but chapter 4 is bugging me. I'm doing OCR physics, they don't go into as much detail as what was in M3. D2 was horrid, I couldn't take it, so replaced D2 with M3. It is lengthy, and a lot more complex than D1.

so hey bro , how many exams do you have :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
i haven't started yet...
So my first two exams are in a week and I know nothing. I pretty much need to teach myself the whole History and Geography Syllabuses. I'm so screwed, op.
Original post by TheLastDaysOfDisco
So my first two exams are in a week and I know nothing. I pretty much need to teach myself the whole History and Geography Syllabuses. I'm so screwed, op.

Just some advice-I'd start now. If your exams are this close, then they'll be over in a matter of a few weeks, and soon you'll be on holiday looking forward to a long summer. If you put in the work now, your summer will be far more carefree and you won't view results day with any trepidation whatsoever, and the long-term gain will be great for you.

Come on, you can do it, and it'll be worth it...:smile:
I feel soo stupit i keep forgeting definitions ive been revising since easter
but going to start hardcore revision this friday :s-smilie: my first exam in 10 days fml.
Goooood luck everyone
Original post by KingMessi
Just some advice-I'd start now. If your exams are this close, then they'll be over in a matter of a few weeks, and soon you'll be on holiday looking forward to a long summer. If you put in the work now, your summer will be far more carefree and you won't view results day with any trepidation whatsoever, and the long-term gain will be great for you.

Come on, you can do it, and it'll be worth it...:smile:

I know this wasn't aimed at me but it's wonderful advice, I really ought to get myself into that mindset!
Original post by racheltaylor23
I know this wasn't aimed at me but it's wonderful advice, I really ought to get myself into that mindset!

Thank you. :smile: I try...

When are your first exams?
Reply 176
It seems like a lot of people here could do with the GCSE or AS Level Revise in a Week, have a blog post on this

http://studyguidedirectory.blogspot.com/2011/05/revision-guides-gcses-and-as-levels-in.html
Reply 177
My first exam is in two weeks and I don't feel prepared at all (although it's a retake with an acceptable grade already, so a little less pressure than the A2's.) I revised over Easter but still have a lot left to learn.
If I could revise more, I would, but I've got mountains of set work from school. All I seem to do are practice essays when I want to be bulk learning information. It's very frustrating!
Reply 178
I don't know how to start.
Reply 179
Oh and my prick of a history teacher told us we wrre studying Appeasement and World War 2.
Finally looked at a past exam paper

the course is 1920-1960. FML.

Quick Reply

Latest