The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Seanisonfire
Jennifer Love Hewitt in Heartbreakers is one of the finest sights my eyes have seen.

I love her! Haven't seen her in barely anything in the past 6/5 years though... was great in The Tuxedo too

and Yep Final Dest 5 in August. Seems like they just can't end the franchise, like the fast and furious films
Original post by lukejoshjedi

I love her! Haven't seen her in barely anything in the past 6/5 years though... was great in The Tuxedo too

and Yep Final Dest 5 in August. Seems like they just can't end the franchise, like the fast and furious films

I'm not her biggest fan, there's just something about the way she looks in that film that makes my jaw drop.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Amelie's awesome. Well, the narrator is. I've added Bicycle Thieves to my watch list, might also watch Human Resources. Talking of 'obscure' French films, you should check out Timecrimes. Brilliant concept, well, it's a dark time travel film. It's good.

I saw a bit of Timecrimes on Film4 and it looked really intriguing. Definitely on my to-watch list.

Do you know any decent dystopian films, similar to Brazil or 1984? It can be foreign language or in English.
Rewatched The Shawshank Redemption earlier <3
Shame Mr Darabont did so well with that then The Green Mile and then so epically failed with The Mist! Not that it's really bad just...The Mist...
Think I'm starting to get a bit obsessed with Wes Anderson movies :love:
Original post by MizzCupcakes
Saw Thor yesterday :ahee:

It was awesome, and it totally made me nostalgic, we learned about nordic mythology when we were 8 or something.

Stellan Skarsgård totally stole the show :cool:

and Jaimie Alexander was much better in this film than she ever was in Kyle XY

Spoiler

Original post by aja89
Just watched Gnomeo and Juliet, was very pleasantly surprised! I even shed a little tear. :moon:

Ah I've thought of watching some animated films this year but just haven't been interested, may watch Rio though. Or Rango

Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Rewatched The Shawshank Redemption earlier &lt;3
Shame Mr Darabont did so well with that then The Green Mile and then so epically failed with The Mist! Not that it's really bad just...The Mist...

The mist... the story for it is actually good but the film was Meh I agree, but it was interesting to just play out that idea, what would people do if trapped in that situation with each other. I really like films that 'explore humanity' like that
Original post by sheep_go_baa
Think I'm starting to get a bit obsessed with Wes Anderson movies :love:

Woo! He's my favourite director... Absolutely love all his work :biggrin:

Rushmore is my absolute favourite, though. Such a great film.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/05/ubisoft-launches-movie-initiative.html

So all the news about an Ubisoft movie studio turns out to be untrue. That's disappointing; the idea of a movie studio working in tandem with game developers would have been really intriguing.
Original post by mimimimi
Woo! He's my favourite director... Absolutely love all his work :biggrin:

Rushmore is my absolute favourite, though. Such a great film.

I adore Rushmore so much so I'd say it's Anderson's best piece of work. I think I much prefer it to Tenenbaums which more people seem to like (although it's still an amazing film :biggrin:)

I've heard good things about Fast and Furious 5, are they true?
Original post by sheep_go_baa
I adore Rushmore so much so I'd say it's Anderson's best piece of work. I think I much prefer it to Tenenbaums which more people seem to like (although it's still an amazing film :biggrin:)

I'm enjoying the fellow Rushmore love :biggrin: Max Fischer is, like, my dream boy. I'd say my second favourite film of his is Tenenbaums, but I'm undecided between that and Life Aquatic & Darjeeling Ltd... They're all just so lovely! I absolutely love his music choices, too.
Original post by Stray_talk
I've heard good things about Fast and Furious 5, are they true?

Yeah more or less, esp if you're a fan of the films. I enjoyed it, it's slightly cliched in aspects and not heavy on dialogue like the other films in the franchise, the action sequences are pretty good for one, less CGI used (which is good) and original cast members coming together for the flick made it more enjoyable

Good popcorn flick, good watch with a couple friends :u:

Trailer for Final Destination 5 is out, finally

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77347
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1733
The Dark Towers in trouble, and not just from the Crimson King...

http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/167581-has-ron-howards-adaptation-of-the-dark-tower-fallen

Javier Bardem would have made such a good Roland too.
Why has Phalanges been banned? :zomg:
:zomg:
Request? Understandable.

Left us to the mercy of the generic 'What is your favourite film?" threads though. Film is doomed. :emo:

----

Also just watched The Way Back. Wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be a pretty fantastic film. Took a while to realise it was the same girl from Hanna, Saoirse Ronan.
(edited 12 years ago)
Request? Understandable.

Left us to the mercy of the generic 'What is your favourite film?&quot; threads though. Film is doomed. :emo:

18:34 CJ by request cambo. Bleedin' exams!

:yy:
Original post by mimimimi
I'm enjoying the fellow Rushmore love :biggrin: Max Fischer is, like, my dream boy. I'd say my second favourite film of his is Tenenbaums, but I'm undecided between that and Life Aquatic & Darjeeling Ltd... They're all just so lovely! I absolutely love his music choices, too.

The music is brilliant! None of my friends appreciate his movies though :frown: I think they don't like the quirky akwardness of them which is exactly what makes them so :awesome:
Why has Phalanges been banned? :zomg:

xD attempted mutiny among the mods I assume. He was caught out too soon :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest