The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spacepirate-James
But they haven't met Captain Jack....And it would seem odd to bring in that character (again), especially when he's in Torchwood...

Ah, but what if he was standing next to a Silent?

In fact, can you use proximity to Silents as an invisibility cloak? :holmes:
Can there be a review section? :teeth:
Original post by squareroot1764
I love the idea of a Doctor/Master thing, not in a serious way of course, but when you think about it it's hilarious! That phone conversation that had at the end of series 3 "Are you asking me on a date?" :biggrin: So many innuendos as well with the screwdrivers...

Oh I love the hiding behind the sofa aspect, but when the Doctor turns up I want to feel safe again, rather than "Oh God, he's going to go crazy and kill everyone now D:"

No, not in a serious way. But they would make a hilarious couple. Still, the Master shot the Doctor down pretty well. "Spend the rest of my life trapped with you?!" *dies* Pretty much the most dramatic rejection ever. And the Doctor's reaction when he died was heartbreaking. :bawling: I wish the Master would turn up more, he's a fantastic character. Matt Smith and a new version of the Master...hmmm. I vote Tom Felton. :lol: And yeah, the screwdrivers...:rolleyes: And the Master was like "I like it when you use my name." :rofl:
Original post by NaturalDisaster
No, not in a serious way. But they would make a hilarious couple. Still, the Master shot the Doctor down pretty well. "Spend the rest of my life trapped with you?!" *dies* Pretty much the most dramatic rejection ever. And the Doctor's reaction when he died was heartbreaking. :bawling: I wish the Master would turn up more, he's a fantastic character. Matt Smith and a new version of the Master...hmmm. I vote Tom Felton. :lol: And yeah, the screwdrivers...:rolleyes: And the Master was like "I like it when you use my name." :rofl:

Didn't John Simm say he'd like to come back for a regeneration scene on the One Show or something? Perhaps he's keeping something secret :ninja: Maybe River is the Master! Actually that could work...
Original post by NaturalDisaster
I think Matt Smith is a great Doctor. He does the funny, ridiculous parts really well but he can do dark when he wants to. Best moments of the series, when the Doctor gets serious. One of my favourite lines of series 5 has to be "Nobody human has anything to say to me today!!" bearing in mind that he'd only recently re-destroyed all of the Time Lords and was about to make a Star Whale brain-dead. No wonder he felt a bit sensitive.

i agree. matt smith knows what he's doing and now they have a good writer in moffat. hopfully the editors get the pacing right cos the last 2-3 episodes were a bit fast paced though that was not smith or moffat's fault.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Awesome.

Spoiler

What's very intriguing is this line from the start of the Impossible Astronaut:

Amy: “According to contemporary accounts, two night later a magical sphere some twenty feet across was seen floating away from the tower, carrying the mysterious doctor aloft.”

I'm connecting these two. Never ignore a coincidence. :awesome:

Also the video from Blue Peter:

Oh god, I love that clip XD And yeah, I am in agreement :smile:
I've filled out the questions section, but am probably missing some huge questions. If anyone has any questions not covered in the blog, send them my way.

We can do the theories later. :moon:

Ah great then. 72 hours sooner than I expected. :tongue:

Great stuff. Me too, well mine finish on the 18th. :jive:

It would be a fun thing to do over the summer. Always wanted a Doctor Who blog. :awesome:

Excellent that you guys are on board. :gah: We can have the episode synopsis, any trailers or videos or clips, magazine snippets or general information we come across. Maybe even reviews?

When this thing does get off the ground (when exams come to an end), it's pretty easy to submit content to the blog.

You just submit it here: http://wibblywobblytimeywimeystuff.com/submit :smile:

My exams have already finished! :colone: When partying dies down and the hangover fades I'll get more involved!
Original post by xKTx
I have a possible theory linked to the whole mirrors thing (I don't THINK it's been said already, but I have just read 800 posts in one!)

Spoiler

I keep remembering series 5 episode 1, when the doctor said 'what, a duck pond without ducks?' or something along those lines? potentially significant? probably not. But this is The Moff we're dealing with...
I have over a month before my first exam :moon:
Original post by cambo211
I have over a month before my first exam :moon:

Advantage of a Scottish Uni, early finish :ahee:
Original post by sleekchic
Doctor Who Fans Must Wait to Discover River Song's Identity
Matt Smith has said on BBC Radio 1 that the identity of River Song will not be revealed until the second half of the current series, which will return in the autumn this year. However, he insists that her true identity will have "serious" consequences for The Doctor.

Smith said: “It does develop nicely and there are huge cliff-hangers throughout the coming series; there's a great one at the end of episode seven which is a killer and at the start of episode eight we really do learn who she is.”

Matt relishes the scenes he gets to act out with Alex when The Doctor and River meet, as they did in the opening two episodes, and he thinks the time-traveller is one of the few people in the 'Doctor Who' universe who can challenge the Time Lord.

He added to BBC Radio 1: "Well the first time The Doctor met her she died and then she's come back under the tenure of Mr Steven Moffat and we don't know what she is. She just kinds of swoops in and swoops out and causes all kinds of madness and havoc and saves his life on most occasions.

But she knows more about his future than he does which for The Doctor is a very strange and bizarre concept because he usually knows the most and therefore it hopefully creates for quite a funny and flirtatious relationship. It makes The Doctor uncomfortable, which I think is good because not a lot does."

http://www.list.co.uk/article/34263-doctor-who-fans-must-wait-to-discover-river-song-identity/

Oh you are kidding me. I can't wait that long!
Awesome.

Spoiler

What's very intriguing is this line from the start of the Impossible Astronaut:

Amy: “According to contemporary accounts, two night later a magical sphere some twenty feet across was seen floating away from the tower, carrying the mysterious doctor aloft.”

I'm connecting these two. Never ignore a coincidence. :awesome:

Also the video from Blue Peter:

Do you think that's what the future Doctor uses?
Original post by HereBeDragons
I have a theory about Amy's (non)pregnancy

Spoiler

But yeah, it's probably wrong. On the other hand, it wouldn't result in ANY incest, which I believe is a first for father-theories :biggrin:

Wasn't Jack gay? What's he doing impregnating Amy?

Though I can see why he would change his mind on being gay. :O

EDIT: never mind he is 'omnisexual'
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2073
Original post by ??????????????????
Wasn't Jack gay? What's he doing impregnating Amy?

Though I can see why he would change his mind on being gay. :O

Jack wasn't gay, he was 'omnisexual' which basically means he'll shag anything with a pulse.
The temptation to make a sexual joke out of your sentence is too great.

:perv: now let's not descend into smutty talk or Aula will tell us to stop spamming :tongue:
Original post by Gemini92
Jack wasn't gay, he was 'omnisexual' which basically means he'll shag anything with a pulse.

Yeah I found out just 10 secs before you posted :P Thanks. Don't watch Torchwood just saw him kissing some random guy once. :redface:
Or hole. :pierre:

Thread is reaching an all new low. :teehee:

Can go lower.
Ie Jack with the Ood and their tentacles?
Torchwood is the sex :sexface:
Reply 2078
Original post by spacepirate-James
Torchwood is the sex :sexface:

Any idea when it's coming back? I can't be bothered to go back through loads of pages on the off-chance someone has posted a date.
Original post by Gemini92
Any idea when it's coming back? I can't be bothered to go back through loads of pages on the off-chance someone has posted a date.

Sometime in July?

Spoiler