The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by ViralRiver
I mean late compared to other universities :P - Surrey sent theirs out a couple months ago. No reason to keep us waiting :r .

Ah right. Gotcha. Last year when I was going to Keele they didn't send us ours until mid June I think. It is quite annoying. I mean, how hard is it to press the send button with all the stuff which presumably is the same as last years stuff?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I have a feeling they want to give everyone the same priority, i.e anyone else who is still going through admissions (if anyone? Extra etc), which makes sense I guess. Though if that is the case then people who sent their application in on time should get priority :P .
Reply 502
Original post by ViralRiver
I have a feeling they want to give everyone the same priority, i.e anyone else who is still going through admissions (if anyone? Extra etc), which makes sense I guess. Though if that is the case then people who sent their application in on time should get priority :P .

Yeah. They're waiting to finalise exactly who has firmed/insured a place at Impy. It's not first come first served either :frown:. I should get first pick because I'm unconditional, but I don't think they do it like that. Oh well. So long as I get something cheap I'm happy.
Reply 503
Original post by Zottula
Yeah. They're waiting to finalise exactly who has firmed/insured a place at Impy. It's not first come first served either :frown:. I should get first pick because I'm unconditional, but I don't think they do it like that. Oh well. So long as I get something cheap I'm happy.

What's your budget?

Are you applying for the £100 single rooms?
Reply 504
Original post by Dark-Myth
What's your budget?

Haha no. I'm applying for triples and the cheaper twins. Ideally would like to keep it below £80pw, but can stretch to around £95pw.
Reply 505
Original post by Zottula

Wow, really?
Reply 506
Original post by Alex-92
Wow, really?

Yeah. I found that kinda amusing too.
Reply 507
Original post by Zottula
Yeah. I found that kinda amusing too.

I suppose the term cheap is subjective, but still...
Reply 508
Original post by Alex-92
I suppose the term cheap is subjective, but still...

Yeah it is. Ahh well. I think also £100 is the cheapest for a single, and some people can't understand why anyone would want to share.
Reply 509
Sharing a room with another primate. Eugh. Another two??!? *Heave*
Reply 510
Original post by Alex-92
Sharing a room with another primate. Eugh. Another two??!? *Heave*

:rofl:

I know! Disgusting creatures! I mean, we'll have to share the same air and everything!
Reply 511
Original post by Zottula
:rofl:

I know! Disgusting creatures! I mean, we'll have to share the same air and everything!

Oh no don't, I'm gonna... throw up...

Seriously though, there is no way I would ever pay for a room less than £220 a week. Anything under is just - disgusting.
Reply 512
Original post by Alex-92
Oh no don't, I'm gonna... throw up...

Seriously though, there is no way I would ever pay for a room less than £220 a week. Anything under is just - disgusting.

Ugh, agreed. En suite is essential as well. Let's face it, if you don't have one you could be picking up loads of germs from the peasants.
Reply 513
Some people are more equal than others. Some have bigger wallets than others.

Since I'm planning on financing my studies at Imperial myself, I'm gonna have to cut down on everything. And a large chunk of that will be accomodation.

If I can get single rooms, then yay! I'll take. But not over say.. £120.

It all depends on how much I think I can earn this summer, because I seriously doubt I'll get enough time to do part time at Imperial.
Reply 514
Some people are more equal than others. Some have bigger wallets than others.

Since I'm planning on financing my studies at Imperial myself, I'm gonna have to cut down on everything. And a large chunk of that will be accomodation.

If I can get single rooms, then yay! I'll take. But not over say.. £120.

It all depends on how much I think I can earn this summer, because I seriously doubt I'll get enough time to do part time at Imperial.

Yeah it depends on how much I earn this summer as well. But seeing as I don't know whether I'm gonna pass my job interview or not, I'm not risking applying for anything other than the cheapest. All of Imperial's accommodation is nicer than what I had at my previous uni anyway.

I can understand why a single is more preferable for many people, but it does amuse me when I tell my friends that I'll be sharing a room and they look at me in horror like it's a completely mad idea. It's even funnier when I tell them I might be sharing with 2 people and they ask me if maybe I'm "roughing it" a bit too much :rofl:.
Reply 515
Original post by Zottula
Yeah it depends on how much I earn this summer as well. But seeing as I don't know whether I'm gonna pass my job interview or not, I'm not risking applying for anything other than the cheapest. All of Imperial's accommodation is nicer than what I had at my previous uni anyway.

I can understand why a single is more preferable for many people, but it does amuse me when I tell my friends that I'll be sharing a room and they look at me in horror like it's a completely mad idea. It's even funnier when I tell them I might be sharing with 2 people and they ask me if maybe I'm "roughing it" a bit too much :rofl:.

How could you ever get any privacy in a double or triple room, like if you wanna have sex or something
Reply 516
Original post by wrench22
How could you ever get any privacy in a double or triple room, like if you wanna have sex or something

Not everyone goes to uni to get laid y'know. Besides, you could always camp out in someone else's room if your roommate has a boyfriend over. Anyways, from what I've heard, even if you apply for a single you'll probably end up in a double.
Reply 517
Original post by Zottula
Not everyone goes to uni to get laid y'know. Besides, you could always camp out in someone else's room if your roommate has a boyfriend over. Anyways, from what I've heard, even if you apply for a single you'll probably end up in a double.

But there are more single rooms than double rooms, so surely if you apply to single you're more likely to be getting a single, i could see how that would work if the majority of rooms were double rooms.
Reply 518
Original post by wrench22
But there are more single rooms than double rooms, so surely if you apply to single you're more likely to be getting a single, i could see how that would work if the majority of rooms were double rooms.

Yeah possibly. But we've had quite a few current students say they didn't get what they wanted. I can't apply to a single anyway though as they are too expensive for my budget. I'm really excited about having a room mate. At my previous uni it was quite lonely in my own room and no one ever seemed to leave their rooms :frown:.
Reply 519
Original post by Zottula
Yeah possibly. But we've had quite a few current students say they didn't get what they wanted. I can't apply to a single anyway though as they are too expensive for my budget. I'm really excited about having a room mate. At my previous uni it was quite lonely in my own room and no one ever seemed to leave their rooms :frown:.

Bummer, which uni was that at?

I'm definitely apply for the doublebed rooms, they look amazing, it'll be better than my own room now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending