The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rob100989
Got my MedPhys offer! Liverpool :biggrin:
Good luck to anyone still waiting! :smile:

Finally hey....congrats!
Has anyone been offered St George's Hospital for Medical Physics? It'd be nice to know who my fellow trainees are!

(triwka and I will be clinical engineers but I'm sure engineers and physicists will see each other a lot.)

- edit: there are five places so one of the trainees must be on here! Both of us are!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2482
Original post by GraduateSK
What time did your email come through? Was it after 5pm? Congrats - Im soooo envious

It was surprisingly early, was expecting to have to wait ages so was rather shocked! lol

Has anyone else heard for immunology?
Reply 2483
Got accepted for my first choice biochem!!! So happy.
Reply 2484
Original post by way2saucy
Anyone heard from genetics?

I’ve been following this thread for ages, but this is my first post.

I’m waiting to hear back from Genetics. I’m hoping it will be this Friday at the latest I don’t think I can stand another weekend of waiting! We were the last “Life Science” to be interviewed, but things seem to be picking up in terms of offers and I think that there were far more Biochemistry posts than other Life Science disciplines, so now that Biochemistry emails have all (supposedly) been sent out, they may be able to get through the rest of the smaller disciplines quite quickly and get round to Genetics before Friday. But who knows what’s going on really, it also looks like there may still be emails for other disciplines outstanding that will probably be sent out before ours. Ho hum, the waiting continues……

Good luck to those still waiting and congratulations/commiserations to those who have already found out.
Reply 2485
Reserve list for haem, pretty much worse than a No, IMO.
Reply 2486
There is no failure. Only feedback. ~Robert Allen

except of course on the scientist training programme!
Reply 2487
Original post by rsteven
I applied to preston as my first choice and then oxford and london. Someone posted that they had been offered southampton, but I haven't heard anything about the other posts. Where did you apply to?

Remember there were 3 Girls and 1 boy around your table. I was the boy :smile:

Let me know if you get it - whoever got it deserved it so...

Good luck

p.s if you do get it and don't want it - put a good word in ha!
Reply 2488
Original post by mogchsg2

Congratulations! where did you apply?

Me too!! Manchester Biochem. Can't quite believe it!!
Reply 2490
Original post by Em_Notts
Congratulations! where did you apply?

1) Nottingham
2) manchester
3) Leicester

Did you get a place, if so where??
Reply 2491
1) Nottingham
2) manchester
3) Leicester

Did you get a place, if so where??

Made reserve..... so hoping someone pulls out lol

Well done :smile:.

Btw i just read your reply to my ealier post. I dont think we were at the same table, I drove down from Scotland. Didn't get a train. We may well have been in the same room together though :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2493
Original post by BMS123
Remember there were 3 Girls and 1 boy around your table. I was the boy :smile:

Let me know if you get it - whoever got it deserved it so...

Good luck

p.s if you do get it and don't want it - put a good word in ha!

I wondered if anyone from our group was on here :smile:. Well done on getting reserve, are you going to reapply next year if the posts are all taken this year? Have you heard anything from the other two girls? This waiting is driving me nuts really hoping to find out today!
Reply 2494
Original post by rsteven
I wondered if anyone from our group was on here :smile:. Well done on getting reserve, are you going to reapply next year if the posts are all taken this year? Have you heard anything from the other two girls? This waiting is driving me nuts really hoping to find out today!

Haven't spotted anything to be honest. Which one were you again? The one with the phd?
Reply 2495
Here's to another day of anxiety and frantic email checking!
Reply 2496
Original post by BMS123
Haven't spotted anything to be honest. Which one were you again? The one with the phd?

Yeah I was the one that travelled down from Glasgow, still not heard anything :frown:
A quiet day today peeps? Feels like a bank holiday on here..LOL.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2498
MSC Recruitment haven't woken up yet.
Original post by QueenAli
MSC Recruitment haven't woken up yet.

:eek: :biggrin:

Quick Reply