The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by Teh User
Going off the facilities in the prospectus for York. I really should visit but I don't have the time to at the moment. I might see if I can go there over this weekend.

I would hun. It would probably help you decide which one to go for. Just to let you know aswell, t says in the prospectus and accomodation booklet for Leeds, That EVERYONE going to Leeds in their first yr will be garenteed some sort of accomodation even if it's not your original choice. You'll still get accomodation.

Have a look at both university websites too hun and see which one you prefer. But the best option is probably to visit them at least once, have a good look around and decide from there.
Are there are differences in the course that you wanna do? One might do something that you really like which may tip the balance. Like modules you study or field trips or something along them lines.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 901
Original post by Lovin
I would hun. It would probably help you decide which one to go for. Just to let you know aswell, t says in the prospectus and accomodation booklet for Leeds, That EVERYONE going to Leeds in their first yr will be garenteed some sort of accomodation even if it's not your original choice. You'll still get accomodation.

Have a look at both university websites too hun and see which one you prefer. But the best option is probably to visit them at least once, have a good look around and decide from there.
Are there are differences in the course that you wanna do? One might do something that you really like which may tip the balance. Like modules you study or field trips or something along them lines.

There's one module I really like at York but it's not until the third year so it's nothing that would tip the scale.

I know I'm guaranteed accomodation at both universities, just I've seen friends have the shabby accomodation and I don't want to be in that position if at all possible. I better go and take a look around. If I accepted Leeds I'd probably choose the Tannery as it seems to be fairly nice.
Original post by Lovin
I'm thinking of rock clmbing, sky diving, horse riding, zoology, and maybe a sport, and street dance. But there isnt enough hours in the day to do all that stuff. But theyre all the ones that I wanna do. ha ha.
I'm sure they'll be plenty to do in freshers fair though. Just cant wait to finally hand my notice in at work and say enough and start afresh :smile:

Wow, that would be a busy schedule indeed! Sky diving sounds amazing if a little... ok, very scary :p: What do you work as, is it that boring?
Original post by Bella Occhi

Do you know what's provided in the Lupton bedrooms and kitchens?

Bedroom
bed with underbed drawer
lockable cabinet at top of bed
built in desk with 3 drawer unit
built in single wardrobe with drawer underneath
upright chair
TV socket & internet socket
waste bin
carpet & curtains

Kitchen
Hob
Oven
Microwave
2 fridge/freezers
Table
5 chairs
Work surfaces/drawers/cupboards
Mop & mop bucket
Dustpan & brush
Washing up bowl
Kettle
Iron & ironing board

So you're right, no mirror in the bedroom but 2 built in in the bathroom above the wash hand basins.
Original post by accomoffice
Bedroom
bed with underbed drawer
upright chair
waste bin
carpet & curtains

Kitchen
Hob
Oven
Microwave
2 fridge/freezers
Table
5 chairs
Mop & mop bucket
Dustpan & brush
Washing up bowl
Kettle
Iron & ironing board

So you're right, no mirror in the bedroom but 2 built in in the bathroom above the wash hand basins.

Thanks for that list, very helpful! Does that mean we have to bring along a toaster/blender etc?

Oh also - what about a vacuum cleaner?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 905
Applied to MA in Human Resource Management and got a Conditional Offer :smile: .
I dont know what they want to fulfil the application. Do you have ideas about it ?
Reply 906
Bedroom
bed with underbed drawer
upright chair
waste bin
carpet & curtains

Kitchen
Hob
Oven
Microwave
2 fridge/freezers
Table
5 chairs
Mop & mop bucket
Dustpan & brush
Washing up bowl
Kettle
Iron & ironing board

<3 This is amazing!

Is there a plug in the kitchen sink?
Does that mean we have to bring along a toaster/blender etc?

Oh also - what about a vacuum cleaner?

Yes, but I'd advise waiting until you get here (unless you can find your flatmates on our facebook group once you get allocated)or you may end up with 5 toasters and blenders.......
And yes, there is a vacuum cleaner - sorry

Original post by Muffinz

Is there a plug in the kitchen sink?

That's an interesting point. I would assume there is but I suppose as they supply a washing up bowl, there's a possibility there isn't. I'll ask the residence staff tomorrow.
Reply 908
That's an interesting point. I would assume there is but I suppose as they supply a washing up bowl, there's a possibility there isn't. I'll ask the residence staff tomorrow.

Thank you! When I went to visit my friend at Northampton she didn't have one, and my Mum said she didn't have one at nursing college when she went (used a washing up bowl, although this had to be like 30 years ago), so I was just curious :P
Reply 909
Wow, that would be a busy schedule indeed! Sky diving sounds amazing if a little... ok, very scary :p: What do you work as, is it that boring?

I work as a careworker, and with not a lot of free time on my hands either so i dont get to the stuff i wanna do but uni will hopefully open it all up to me :smile:
Reply 910
x

Sorry to be a hassle again, but is there a move-in date for Leeds/Lupton? My Mum's nagging me because she wants to book a couple of days off work to drive me up :P
I'm about to firm Leeds this week for English language & literature... so excited! Anyone hoping to do the same course or applying to Devonshire Hall accomodation? xxx
Original post by violethillx
I'm about to firm Leeds this week for English language & literature... so excited! Anyone hoping to do the same course or applying to Devonshire Hall accomodation? xxx

Lang and Lit here :biggrin:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/home.php?sk=group_157578367632905&ap=1

The facebook link doesn't work - it just went to my homepage :frown:
I'm so excited to get to uni now! Just need to get AAB first... haha. Where are you thinking of for accom.? x
Original post by violethillx
The facebook link doesn't work - it just went to my homepage :frown:
I'm so excited to get to uni now! Just need to get AAB first... haha. Where are you thinking of for accom.? x

That's weird! It's a link to the English at Leeds facebook group :smile: Try searching for it. I put down James Baillie, meaning i could end up anywhere really since it's so over subscribed. God loves a tryer though :P Are you fairly confident about getting the grades? I'm bricking it :frown:
Original post by hoopyfrood199
That's weird! It's a link to the English at Leeds facebook group :smile: Try searching for it. I put down James Baillie, meaning i could end up anywhere really since it's so over subscribed. God loves a tryer though :P Are you fairly confident about getting the grades? I'm bricking it :frown:

Oh nevermind, it's just worked :smile: I haven't applied yet but Devonshire is the only one I really like, but I'm sure we'll love it wherever we end up! Ha no not confident at all :/ I had to resit one Psychology module in January which has brought me up to AAA for AS (I only did 3) but everything seems so much harder this year. What subjects do you take? x
Reply 916
i saw someone mention about skydiving at uni, looks great the skydiving club im wanting to do my grade A license, its subsidised by nearly £1000 i think.
Where are people applying to for accomadation? i hear devonshire is full of.... "rah's" without stereotyping i think im going for james baille but tbh i dont have a clue where to apply :s-smilie:
Original post by Muffinz
Thank you! When I went to visit my friend at Northampton she didn't have one, and my Mum said she didn't have one at nursing college when she went (used a washing up bowl, although this had to be like 30 years ago), so I was just curious :P

I've asked the site staff at Lupton and they have confirmed that yes, there is definitely a plug in the kitchen sink.
Original post by Muffinz
is there a move-in date for Leeds/Lupton?

The contracts at Lupton will start on Wednesday 14 September but the majority of people don't move in until the weekend of 17/18. There's not really anything happening before the weekend - it's just handy to be able to move in earlier somethimes if your parents have to drive a sibling to another uni at the weekend or if you have a special orientation course (e.g. for disabled or international students)
Reply 919

I'm a care worker. It's not boring, it's quite rewarding, but it's just not what i want to do. I wanna work with animals. it's quite heartbreaking too. But never mind aye i'm on the right path to what I wanna do now :smile:

Latest