The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Applied ICT Unit 3- June 2011 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deusmaster
oh, you got the total profits from the Totals sheet? I got mine off the Monthly Figures. my formulas are:

=('Monthly Figures'!N14) for Total Costs
=('Monthly Figures'!N15) for Total Revenue
=('Monthly Figures'!N16) for Total Profit

I think you need to get them off the Monthly Figures; if not, then why would they bother putting that information in the spreadsheet? You need a monthly figure to calculate total profit. each month has their own profit, that's why we need to total it.

Are you sure this is wrong? Beacause I asked my teacher he said its right. =\
Original post by hrickards
I agree with you here. I think a few people on here are (probably not purposefully) making this a lot harder than it should be.

Original post by Gorgeous devil

Um, I think you mean if I'm sure I'm right. yes, I am, because it's a yearly profit they're looking for to open a potential shop. the monthly figures provide a whole year's worth of profit.

if you're really not sure, try redoing another copy of the spreadsheet and try this formula in. that way you'll have a copy of a spreadsheet with your formula, and a copy with this one.
Reply 123
@deusmaster = answer is right and formula is right.
teacher says its monthly figures you want as it includes the costs.
The totals don't take into consideration the cost figures. they only take the totals from the 4 carving products.
Thanks for showing people what formula I used.
¬Adam
Right guys, complete solution (See Last Post) AND my spreadsheet, where you may all look around and see how i've completed it. Feel Free.
Original post by deusmaster
Um, I think you mean if I'm sure I'm right. yes, I am, because it's a yearly profit they're looking for to open a potential shop. the monthly figures provide a whole year's worth of profit.

if you're really not sure, try redoing another copy of the spreadsheet and try this formula in. that way you'll have a copy of a spreadsheet with your formula, and a copy with this one.

Okayy thnx =)
Reply 126
Original post by Sadii
Hey hope it helps...
Edexcel Unit 3 activity 3.docx

Anyone else need ideas on activity 3 showing profits & how to get there with formula.. feel free to save it! .. :]

@villa73
Hey was wonderig if you could check this out - have I done it right? ... Thanks!
Reply 127
@SquadRedFox your practice is wrong. You have only included the 'copy paste' method. this shouldn't be applied.
What you need to do is change your advertising rule to the following: (=IF(Values!$B7="Yes",B7,0)
Then change all the figures. It should look like this:
£450 £201 £783 £204 £1638 = Falmouth
£460 £250 £825 £282 £1817 = Newquay
£470 £277 £702 £304 £1753 = Land's End
Total = £5208.

Your costs are not incuded in your practice file. These have to be taken into account. Sorry Pal!

@Sadii. You don't add up the totals figures. It should be the monthly figures total coats, revenue and profit. The monthly figures takes into consideration, the COSTS! Whereas the Totals just adds up the totals from Woollen, Jewellery, Carved and Basket-Ware. Your advertising in the Totals column should be "=Advertising!F22" for Falmouth.
My total costs is: £851,114.87
Revenue is: £1,037,706.78
Profit is: £186,591.91

Sadly I dont know how to add a file into this thread. Hope that answered everyone's problems.
Hey .. Can anyone check this have I done it right??
Reply 129
Hey .. Can anyone check this have I done it right??

All of your formulas are correct, but your profit is far too low. Play around with the Advertising and Locations a bit more on the Values Sheet. In about 30 seconds I managed to pretty much double the profit that you had before. £200,000 should be the target, as i'm guessing the amount of profit will go towards how many marks you get.
Original post by Villa73
@SquadRedFox your practice is wrong. You have only included the 'copy paste' method. this shouldn't be applied.
What you need to do is change your advertising rule to the following: (=IF(Values!$B7="Yes",B7,0)
Then change all the figures. It should look like this:
£450 £201 £783 £204 £1638 = Falmouth
£460 £250 £825 £282 £1817 = Newquay
£470 £277 £702 £304 £1753 = Land's End
Total = £5208.

Your costs are not incuded in your practice file. These have to be taken into account. Sorry Pal!

@Sadii. You don't add up the totals figures. It should be the monthly figures total coats, revenue and profit. The monthly figures takes into consideration, the COSTS! Whereas the Totals just adds up the totals from Woollen, Jewellery, Carved and Basket-Ware. Your advertising in the Totals column should be "=Advertising!F22" for Falmouth.
My total costs is: £851,114.87
Revenue is: £1,037,706.78
Profit is: £186,591.91

Sadly I dont know how to add a file into this thread. Hope that answered everyone's problems.

Mate, I see what you're saying, but it doesn't make sense, in the fact that no ICT teacher I can find agree's with it. The PDF's that I posted, AND SOME MODERATOR DECIDED WERE PAID FOR CONTENT.....*********. I digress. Show that the teacher there - one who knows the exam Well - doesn't think so either. I've Kind've stuck with my solution, if you see what I mean.....
Reply 131
Hey guys, how is this? Managed to get it done in 10 minutes, so just check over everything to see if its all correct if you can. That IF formula is one hell of a b*tch!
Reply 132
what have people done for Activity 4?
I am stuck on how to write the report.
Thanks.
Reply 133
Hey people, what are the maximum profits that u are getting?
I am hell confused now some are telling to take the values from Totals sheet and some from Monthly Figures?? =\
What is right??????????????????? =\=/

=SUM(Totals!E39:P39) for Total Costs.
=SUM(Totals!E40:P40) for Total Revenue
=SUM(Totals!E41:P41) for Total Profits

OR

Reply 135

I am hell confused now some are telling to take the values from Totals sheet and some from Monthly Figures?? =\
What is right??????????????????? =\=/

=SUM(Totals!E39:P39) for Total Costs.
=SUM(Totals!E40:P40) for Total Revenue
=SUM(Totals!E41:P41) for Total Profits

OR

Relaxx :wink: .. i hope im right when i say its the second one.. coz after som1 making me aware the second one from monthly figures takes all cost into account!
Reply 136
Original post by simba2011

Original post by simba2011
Hey people, what are the maximum profits that u are getting?

Hey i just got £200,595.83 ... Anyone else manage to get it>?
Reply 137
Original post by Sadii
Hey i just got £200,595.83 ... Anyone else manage to get it>?

Yeah I got exactly the same figure, think thats the most you can get, haven't seen anyone get it higher than that. :badger:
Hey is anyone's exam before 25th of May???
Reply 139
Original post by aWilsher

Original post by aWilsher
Yeah I got exactly the same figure, think thats the most you can get, haven't seen anyone get it higher than that. :badger:

that's that then... My exams on 27th so feel free to tell me what comes up before then lol ;] now to divert my focus to SCIENCE! Eeek

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending