The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You guys have probably come across this already but.... Android Ice cream sandwich. :rofl:
Original post by spikeymike
You guys have probably come across this already but.... Android Ice cream sandwich. :rofl:

What other dessert begins with "I"?
Original post by Mad Vlad

Iced buns :perv:
The keynote was phenomenal :smile:
Original post by Mad Vlad

Ice Cream on its own.
Original post by edward_wells90
Ice Cream on its own.

Quite. :colondollar:
Reply 5006
:sogood:

Good time to be an Android user. 18 month upgrade program, Google partnering up with OEMs to provide updates, Music Beta (granted its in the US only atm :shifty:), Honeycomb 3.1 (:biggrin: :biggrin:) and Ice Cream...

:sogood:

Btw all of these are on Engadget is anyone fancies reading them :h:
^I haven't really read any coverage yet (mainly headlines) but from these things I can definitely say I'm excited. They're really stepping up and doing big things.
Reply 5008
I want a ****ing ice cream wrapped in a ****ing chocolate biscuit now!
Reply 5009
I just got myself a Samsung Galaxy S2. My first smart phone, my first android...its been quite a 15 hours. Full of surprises and I keep loving how well made/designed the phone is and apps and...yea...awesome. Just pure awesomeness.
Original post by Nalced
I just got myself a Samsung Galaxy S2. My first smart phone, my first android...its been quite a 15 hours. Full of surprises and I keep loving how well made/designed the phone is and apps and...yea...awesome. Just pure awesomeness.

Welcome :colone:
I want to get a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I'll be within 90 days til the end of my vodafone contract in a few days. The best deal I can find so far is on dial-a-phone with £30 a month and free phone. I don't want to go over £30 a month as my current contract is only £15/month, and I don't mind about amount of minutes but I really want some internet allowance with it. The dial-a-phone website just says ring them for upgrades, does anyone have any experience with ringing for upgrades? What do you have to go through and are you likely to get a much better deal?
Original post by onaslipperyslope
I want to get a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I'll be within 90 days til the end of my vodafone contract in a few days. The best deal I can find so far is on dial-a-phone with £30 a month and free phone. I don't want to go over £30 a month as my current contract is only £15/month, and I don't mind about amount of minutes but I really want some internet allowance with it. The dial-a-phone website just says ring them for upgrades, does anyone have any experience with ringing for upgrades? What do you have to go through and are you likely to get a much better deal?

They'll probably want to know your details (name / address / number / network) and then they'll tell you what they'll offer. All depends on the network you're on and how much it costs to buy you out of contract.
Original post by mikeyd85
They'll probably want to know your details (name / address / number / network) and then they'll tell you what they'll offer. All depends on the network you're on and how much it costs to buy you out of contract.

I'm on vodafone and with the upgrade checker on their website now it costs nothing to upgrade now.

Original post by G8D
Did they actually preview Ice Cream or just say "it's coming"?

They just said it's coming
Reply 5016
Does anyone know how to turn off the camera shutter sound on a Samsung Galaxy S2? I feel so gay taking pictures and it makes a very fake, "Ka-Chunk" sound.
Reply 5017
Maybe you are gay and need to learn to accept it, if a ka-chunk sound makes you feel gay. :dunno:
Original post by Nalced
Does anyone know how to turn off the camera shutter sound on a Samsung Galaxy S2? I feel so gay taking pictures and it makes a very fake, "Ka-Chunk" sound.

A lot of digital cameras can't disable shutter sound due to laws stating that they must make a sound in order to avoid too many perv cams.
Original post by Nalced

Root it and use a tool like Root Explorer to delete /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg

Latest

Trending

Trending