The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath - Business Administration 2011 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BBAanter
There are some on the course who refer to themselves as BNOCs, these same people refer to BBA as Bath's Banter Academy. It's these same people once again that go onto secure the best placements and jobs - so is their arrogance warranted? I'm not one to judge...all I know is that "the student room" is not a place for jealousy :s :s :s

Why/How do they get the best placements and jobs? Is it because of who their dad is or simply their own merit?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Wren
I'm quite upset, some malicious person has gone up to my cousins and said that I said that they are obnoxious tw*ts which is not true. I said that there are a obnoxious tw*ts at every uni, which there are, even here at MMU there are people that are completely arrogant and rude. My cousins are lovely, and I was really looking forward to spending time with them when I arrived at Bath and now they think that I said something I didn't.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear this... I'm sure they'll come to eventually.
Original post by georgie-rose
Why/How do they get the best placements and jobs? Is it because of who their dad is or simply their own merit?

Probably a bit of both - if they come from a business family then obviously they will be well-connected and will find opportunities this way. However they are often confident for a reason, many of them are very bright and "savvy" and will interview well, thus landing the best jobs regardless of whether their connections got them the interview or not.

Quick Reply

Latest