The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obadetona
I actually thought the lodger was the best episode! The character's seemed a bit more genuine than usual and nothing ridiculous (the bad type) happened

My worst episode is the finale of the last series. Hear me out here...

1) The dilemma: The Doctor, trapped in a box for all eternity
2) The solution: He saves himself, surely this just destroys the whole point of doctor who as he could have rescued himself countless times before, so silly!

1) The dilemma: Amy Pond is stuck in a box for all eternity
2) The solution: Amelia Pond saves her BY TOUCHING THE BOX.

1) The dilemma: The doctor needs to get up to the TARDIS in the sky somehow
2) The solution: Turn a solid box into a rocket using nothing but a sonic screwdriver, A ROCKET!

And lastly, am I the only one who finds it weird that Amy made out with a robot, like full on.

Nah, Rory the Roman was the best Rory's ever been. Although he's grown on me as a character, I must admit...and don't question the wibbly-wobbly timey-wimeyness of it all. It was a bit boring at times though. Except when the Doctor was shot! :eek: But he saved himself of course because the Doctor is super cool. Like a Fez. It wasn't the best finale ever, but it wasn't the worst, definitely not the worst.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Best part of the finale was:

Definitely! I liked when the Doctor kind of "wakes up" in the TARDIS and he says "Oh, I escaped, I love it when I do that." and then he's checking that he's still alive and his hand goes to his head and he says "I can buy a Fez." with the campest little hand flick I have ever seen the Doctor do. :lol:

Next episode has him in tears apparently and shows sides we've never seen before. :holmes:

Eeeexcellent. :biggrin: Desperate to see it already!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Colonel.
I think Matt Smith needs to mature or at least be written in a more mature way. Only so much goofiness I can take.

True, that is one the things that bugs me about him, he would do better as a earlier doctor I think, I mean the whole reason The Dream Lord / The Valeyard came about is because of the darkness inside, and I think that MS as a doctor doesn't often seem to have the 900 years he is meant to have.
Next episode has him in tears apparently and shows sides we've never seen before. :holmes:

They'd probs show us his darker side again (and thR dream lord would be back :mmm:)
I have a Tardis model out of daily mail :colondollar:
Original post by Obadetona
I actually thought the lodger was the best episode! The character's seemed a bit more genuine than usual and nothing ridiculous (the bad type) happened

My worst episode is the finale of the last series. Hear me out here...

1) The dilemma: The Doctor, trapped in a box for all eternity
2) The solution: He saves himself, surely this just destroys the whole point of doctor who as he could have rescued himself countless times before, so silly!

1) The dilemma: Amy Pond is stuck in a box for all eternity
2) The solution: Amelia Pond saves her BY TOUCHING THE BOX.

1) The dilemma: The doctor needs to get up to the TARDIS in the sky somehow
2) The solution: Turn a solid box into a rocket using nothing but a sonic screwdriver, A ROCKET!

And lastly, am I the only one who finds it weird that Amy made out with a robot, like full on.

Auton ffs. Why do people keep calling Autons robots? :unimpressed:

Original post by NaturalDisaster
Nah, Rory the Roman was the best Rory's ever been. Although he's grown on me as a character, I must admit...and don't question the wibbly-wobbly timey-wimeyness of it all. It was a bit boring at times though. Except when the Doctor was shot! :eek: But he saved himself of course because the Doctor is super cool. Like a Fez. It wasn't the best finale ever, but it wasn't the worst, definitely not the worst.

You did not just steal my phrase. :dry:

Original post by Colonel.
Vampires of Venice was ****ing awesome.

I'd let one of them vampires bite me anyday (providing they were disguised as humans, as the big fish, hell no!)

Nothing better than the Master returning, regenerating and stealing the Doctor's TARDIS whilst he watches, helpless (whilst epic music plays in the background).

Best Sequence Ever. Got to love how Human Nature/Family of Blood set it all up with the fob watch as well. :yep:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2145
Hey, did you guys hear what Steven Moffat thought, about the people who are posting full episode spoilers for the future, on the news? He said that he doesn't want them to watch Doctor Who again, and criticised their grammar.

I personally agree with him, i think anything other than speculation and minor possible spoilers ruins the show and makes a writers job of creating mystery and suspense pointless.
It doesn't ruin the show.

Anyway I can finally buy this. http://qwertee.com/ :teeth:
So I got wibblywobblytimeywimeystuff.com - cannot believe it wasn't taken (it needs 72 hours for the DNS to change but it's loading early for me) and bought a theme too. After 72 hours or earlier, we can get started on compiling a list of theories and questions and stuff. :awesome:

Tempted to make this into a Doctor Who news blog too along with some cool gifs. Apparently anyone can submit posts to the blog. If anyone is interested in co-running this that is. :holmes:

I'm off to do revision. Exam on Thursday. :sad:

It looks awesome! I'm following :biggrin: (I'm snowyowlgingerlocks :smile:)

Just caught up with this thread, what a good use of half an hour of my morning :p:
Doctor Who game in TSR Arcade :woo:

May be subs only though.
Original post by cambo211

May be subs only though.

It is. :frown:

I really do :love: Murray Gold music. Listening to it again.
First place here I come. :pierre:

EDIT: :king1:

Might want to edit that again :smug:
I could beat both of you, alas I'm not a sub.

Tomorrow I'll go on the Dr Who website one and beat you both. I have a ball to get ready for so have fun whilst it lasts. :tongue:
Original post by cambo211

May be subs only though.

Shall go procrastinate on it!
Heh, we were meant to have a rehearsal in the Studio today, but it was booked out so we ended up going to Lazer Quest instead XD I began taunting people by singing Still Alive, even though most people would have had no idea what I was going on about. I came third in the free-for-all round, and my team came second (I was ranked 8th) in the teams game. And I'm useless XD

In other news... not long now until possibly my most hotly anticipated non-Moffat story for this series :smile: I think my anticipation for non-Moff episodes goes sort of like...

1) The Doctor's Wife
2) The God Complex
3) The Green Anchor (Episode 10 - we know so little about it that I'm really intrigued)
4) The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People
5) Lodger 2.0 - Episode 12 (Curious how, if at all, it links in with the finale,
6) What are little boys made of/House Call/Night Terrors (whatever the name ends up being - episode 9)
7) Curse of the Black Spot (would have made it to this point if I had made the list before it aired XD)

With the Moff episodes being the most highly anticipated ones... actually, I think I'm anticipating TDW more than episode 7, since it appears we don't find out who River is in that episode.
Time to bring out the gaming mouse. :colonhash:

:tongue:

Those damn red energy things.

My problem isn't hitting them it's getting to the green ones so my multiplier doesn't drop down.
Everyone happy with the series split? I'm still a bit split on the issue, haha omg I kill myself :indiff:

Some say we get shorter time overall between Dr Who episodes, at the same time it still means waiting 3 months after being left mid season.... well we'll have to see how it works out, or not
I don't like waiting.

If it were possible I'd watch every single Doctor Who episode, past, present and future, today:biggrin:
Reply 2157
I'm so psyched about this weeks episode that I really hope it doesn't disappoint! I remember doing it with a couple of Lost episodes and it's so frustrating when an episode isn't as good as you were expecting...
Original post by sheep_go_baa
I don't like waiting.

If it were possible I'd watch every single Doctor Who episode, past, present and future, today:biggrin:

I HATE waiting :P
Original post by sheep_go_baa
I don't like waiting.

Same, the usual 6 month wait from June till the christmas special is harsh. damn UK primetime shows and their short seasons :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending