The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

can anybody help em pleaaase? i have applied for james baillie , im doing the new media copurse and such a sociable person love to meet people , want fun !!!!! have i done the right thing?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1621
Original post by carrierose1
can anybody help em pleaaase? i have applied for james baillie , im doing the new media copurse and such a sociable person love to meet people , want fun !!!!! have i done the right thing?

yep, tho JB is oversubscribed
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Yay :smile: I'm so glad I've found someone your my only Clarence dock friend haha! What course are you doing?:smile: x

yeah, i don't know anyone applying there! i'm doing sport science and physiology
ahh i've just noticed your from newcastle, i am too! :smile:

Hahaha, oh no we can't go through it all again!! CD IS MY FINAL CHOICE! :P
Oh yeah I'm sure I will! I'm gEtting excited! Are you? :biggrin:

HHEEYYY iv decided to go with james baillie and already chosen it , but i keep thinking about clarence docks? :s how was it do you klnw ??? is it good for a social outgoing girl ??? x

Original post by dmz
yep, tho JB is oversubscribed

where have you gone for??X
Reply 1625
where have you gone for??X

the tannery

Original post by dmz
the tannery

Original post by dmz
the tannery

im trying to decide wether henry price is good because it will be onsite full of students and sociable :s-smilie:
Ok so I can't be bothered to look through all 82 pages of this thread to see if it has been mentioned...

But would anyone who has already applied tell me what the preferences are that they list in priority? I just want to know if there is one so I can put I would prefer a bigger flat with more people :smile:
Reply 1628
im trying to decide wether henry price is good because it will be onsite full of students and sociable :s-smilie:

it's not really caught my attention for some reason but my top 3 would be tannery, JB and CD. Lupton and boddington seems to be one of the most sociable ones but i wouldn't know :tongue:
Reply 1629
Original post by rachelll=)
Ok so I can't be bothered to look through all 82 pages of this thread to see if it has been mentioned...

But would anyone who has already applied tell me what the preferences are that they list in priority? I just want to know if there is one so I can put I would prefer a bigger flat with more people :smile:

you get a little box at the bottom to write in.
Original post by dmz
you get a little box at the bottom to write in.

Ahh awesome. Thankyou :biggrin:
Original post by T-Toe
What made you decide to go for Clarence Dock over Henry Price?

It wasn't that I didn't like Henry price because from my previous posts I loved it so much but now ive thought about it and the sharing a bathroom thing made me a bit uncomfortale just in case I didn't get on with the person I would feel scared to be sick or something haha and Henry price doesn't have a common room which is a let down I think Clarence dock is better all round for me it's more safer and stuff! Plus it's not oversubscribed and I won't have to worry about getting put somewhere I hate! Much cheaper too haha

Plus it's in a really pretty area and I'll get to travel to uni which would be nice :smile: sorry it's so long haha! What accommodation have you went for?
HHEEYYY iv decided to go with james baillie and already chosen it , but i keep thinking about clarence docks? :s how was it do you klnw ??? is it good for a social outgoing girl ??? x

Well I'm social and outgoing haha :P and if you put no on your preferences to a "quiet environment" then I'm sure you'll be with lots of out going people I think Clarence dock will be good as they have their own bar and common room but they also have a summer ball and theme nights where everyone dresses up and if you don't mind traveling 15 minutes on the bus or even walking if it's a nice day it's a good choice it's really cheap at £95 with an en suite that and the room are both really good and a big size! When I went it felt really homely and since it's all in a complex it seemed everyone was friends with each other! :smile: x
Original post by Georgiiaa92
yeah, i don't know anyone applying there! i'm doing sport science and physiology
ahh i've just noticed your from newcastle, i am too! :smile:

Ah, we can stick together then haha :biggrin: oh really that's so weird! Everyone will be asking if we know any and dec and will be saying we sound like Cheryl Cole!

I go to sacred heart, have you heard of it? You probably have haha x
Ah, we can stick together then haha :biggrin: oh really that's so weird! Everyone will be asking if we know any and dec and will be saying we sound like Cheryl Cole!

I go to sacred heart, have you heard of it? You probably have haha x

haha!
yeah i have, i've been there a couple of times to play netball. i think my friends mam works there too. i dont actually live in newcastle, but north shields, i went to st thomas more x
haha!
yeah i have, i've been there a couple of times to play netball. i think my friends mam works there too. i dont actually live in newcastle, but north shields, i went to st thomas more x

Oh right :biggrin:
Oh really does she work as a teacher or a secretary? Oh I'm being nosy haha! Oh yeah is that the one in blaydon?:smile: x
i think she works with SEN students
no its the one in north shields x
i think she works with SEN students
no its the one in north shields x

Oh right I probably won't know her, ph yeah I was going to say I know a few people who go to the one in blaydon!:smile:
What grades do you need to get into Leeds? X
Oh right I probably won't know her, ph yeah I was going to say I know a few people who go to the one in blaydon!:smile:
What grades do you need to get into Leeds? X

the course requires ABB but i done my a levels last year and got A*BC and didnt get in (was for a different course) so am now on a gap year, but done my resit in january and got the grade up, however, leeds wont receive the result until august so my offer remains conditional until then x
the course requires ABB but i done my a levels last year and got A*BC and didnt get in (was for a different course) so am now on a gap year, but done my resit in january and got the grade up, however, leeds wont receive the result until august so my offer remains conditional until then x

Oh right but it's basically an unconditional offer! That's really good! I only need BBB but obviously I want to work higher haha! I'm just revising like mad :frown: x

Latest