The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4(6BIO4) 13/06/11 - OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone please explain nerve impulses to me? At the beginning of topic 8 !

thank you - the book gives me a headache and we havent covered it fully in class
Original post by IGotAQuestion

Original post by IGotAQuestion
Can anyone please explain nerve impulses to me? At the beginning of topic 8 !

thank you - the book gives me a headache and we havent covered it fully in class

You need to post this question in the A2 Biology Unit 5 section.
Reply 22
Original post by Schoolio93
You need to post this question in the A2 Biology Unit 5 section.

yes u r ture why do u post in unit 4 section ??
dw its sorted :wink:
Reply 24
*Joins this thread* :sigh:
Original post by blush.ox
*Joins this thread* :sigh:

Welcome :tongue:
Reply 26
I'm doing it?
from what book are you all revising?
Reply 27
I'm doing it - finding this the most boring unit so far - so hard to motivate myself to revise for it, much prefer unit 5! Memorising the CGP book got me an A at AS so hoping the same stategy works for A2!
Reply 28
Original post by JP83
I'm doing it - finding this the most boring unit so far - so hard to motivate myself to revise for it, much prefer unit 5! Memorising the CGP book got me an A at AS so hoping the same stategy works for A2!

literally what im doing this time round, hope it works :erm:
Has anyone got any notes on the core practicals?
Reply 30
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1182098&highlight=6bio8&page=3

This is a thread for the practical alternative paper (which I am doing) and if u scroll down someone has kindly added links to pdfs for notes on all the core practials which have been a lifesaver for me! They are all from units 4 and 5 so will need to just check which ones are for unit 4

Also the CGP book is good for a summary of the practicals :-)
Original post by JP83
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1182098&highlight=6bio8&page=3

This is a thread for the practical alternative paper (which I am doing) and if u scroll down someone has kindly added links to pdfs for notes on all the core practials which have been a lifesaver for me! They are all from units 4 and 5 so will need to just check which ones are for unit 4

Also the CGP book is good for a summary of the practicals :-)

Is the CGP book good? I'm thinking of asking my mum to buy it but not too sure on how good it is. :s-smilie:
Reply 32
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?

Is the CGP book good? I'm thinking of asking my mum to buy it but not too sure on how good it is. :s-smilie:

yes :colonhash: its very good and simplifies bio to a great extent for people like me :ninja:.
Reply 33
CGP book? which one is it? ru talking about the revision guide???
Reply 34
Original post by M Kh
CGP book? which one is it? ru talking about the revision guide???

:yep: CGP rev guide, the green one
Reply 35
the green and purple EDEXCEL A2 BIOLOGY REVISION GUIDE for SNAB and concept-led approach or the green EDEXCEL A2 BIOLOGY STUDENT'S BOOK?? and what do u mean by CGP?
Reply 36
The CGP book is a revision book - it is dark green and simply says A2-level biology edexcel - the revision guide on the front.

It follows the specification to the letter so if you are working your way through the spec in order to make sure you cover everything, the CGP book organises they key points of each spec point clearly in nice boxes and bullet points of the main facts. Its a really well designed book and well worth getting. (the AS one is useful too for a quick recap of AS stuff you may have forgotten too!)
Reply 37
hey could some one plz tell me the procedure of this Edexcel A2 Biology core practical --- HOW TO INVESTIGATE THE EFFECT OF TEMPERATURE ON SEEDLING GROWTH RATE? u guyz must be studying in a scool so ur teachers must have taught u this....plz help guyz...
Reply 38
hi, i'm not studying in school i'm self studying too but the basic outline of the experiment is:

Investigating the effects of temperature on seedling growth rate

•Plant some seedlings in soil trays and measure the height of each seedling

•Put the trays in incubators at different temperatures

•Make sure all other variables are the same (e.g. water content of soil, light intensity, CO2 concentration, seeds from same plant etc) for each tray

•After a period of incubation record the change in height of each seedling. The average growth rate in each tray can be calculated in the following way:

AVERAGE CHANGE IN SEEDLING HEIGHT IN EACH TRAY/INCUBATION PERIOD

Repeat to get average mean for each temperature
Plot a graph etc

Up to a point, the seedling growth should increase as enzyme activity increases hence metabolic rate and growth rate increases

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 39
Can we discuss the core practicals and write notes for all of them??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending