The Student Room Group

The 50 hour study week trial - TRY IT- I'LL JOIN YOU!

Scroll to see replies

I've been doing a pitiful 2 hours a day, so hopefully this will motivate me =) starting tomorrow!!
Woo it's just gone 5, got a good 2 hours to get start early today.

First exam in 5 days hopefully I can carry on from where I left off in January :biggrin:

Didn't think I'd get up this morning but hey I'm up :colone:
Today I am to do:
- 3 hours of Maths
- 3 hours of AS Philosophy

Aiming for 6 hours and also to go to a gym class at 6.30pm.

The joys of being able to revise at home, lots of my friends are complaining about not being let off for study leave lol :teehee:, hope everyones good, if your feeling somewhat demotivated then as someone said earlier just think about all the time you'll have in summer to do what you want and to procrastinate lol without feeling guilty.

To those who have left revision a little late, I can say i'm in a slightly similar situation with one of my exams which is AS Philosophy, I have 15 days til my AS Philosophy exam, luckily a few months ago I did type the majority of my notes up for the subject (with the rest have a month onwards to revise), tips wise, i'm just going through my typed notes with a highlighter and a pencil, highlighting the key things and annotating with the pencil key points down the sides of the notes aswell as re reading the notes and i'm trying to do 1 practice essay a day mininum.

Its not impossible YOU can do it, even if you have to take away distractions like social networks: FB etc and TSR lol.

I recommend Leechblock too for the Firefox users, which blocks websites for certain periods, I find if I don't block timewasting websites then I just procrastinate too much, one minute is 1pm then the next minute is 3pm not kidding lol.

All the best to everyone. We can do this!! :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Day 1: 2.5 hours
Day 2: 4 hours
Day 3: 7 hours
Day 4: 6.5 hours (really lagging here aren't i :frown: )
Reply 504
I have done 4 hours today. I was invited to the cinema tonight, should i go, or stay in and revise more ?
Reply 505
Original post by Srone
I have done 4 hours today. I was invited to the cinema tonight, should i go, or stay in and revise more ?

You aren't going to be revising at your full potential at this time of the evening, so I'd recommend going to the cinema. It'll allow you to relax and take your mind off exams for a few hours! :colone:
Original post by Groat
You aren't going to be revising at your full potential at this time of the evening, so I'd recommend going to the cinema. It'll allow you to relax and take your mind off exams for a few hours! :colone:

Thats funny, :holmes: I tend to revise better in the evening compared to the daytime.
Reply 507
Original post by Nayberay
Thats funny, :holmes: I tend to revise better in the evening compared to the daytime.

Fine, the majority of people won't be working at their full potential . . . :colondollar:
Original post by Groat
Fine, the majority of people won't be working at their full potential . . . :colondollar:

Lol again thats a slight generalisation, I know plenty of people who tend to revise in the evening and from the early hours 0000 onwards.. :teehee:.
Reply 509
Original post by Nayberay
Lol again thats a slight generalisation, I know plenty of people who tend to revise in the evening and from the early hours 0000 onwards.. :teehee:.

I highly doubt that those people are part of the majority.
Original post by Groat

Neither are the people in your statement.

And no TSR isn't something to go by. :rolleyes:

You are kind of generalising though.
Original post by Groat

Back at ya lol, my statement didn't generalise in ze first place lol. :cool:

--

Back on point, gonna watch Waterloo Road on iPlayer and then will start my 3 hours of Philosophy revision.

Fun, fun, fun, fun. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I think I'll join... I have exams next week and serious cramming is indeed on the list of to do.
All nighter most likely. FML.
7.5 hours so far, gonna finish off with another half an hour/hour or so and hit the sack. Hopefully I'll get up at 4am when my alarm first goes off tomorrow...
Not an all nighter but maybe 3 hours :s
Reply 516
Original post by Groat

What do you mean by not revising at full potential at this time? Is there something wrong with revising after 6-7PM?

OT:
Also only done 1.5 hours today, was tired as hell.

Monday: 0 hours
Tuesday: 0 hours
Wednesday: 1.5

Countdown till exam: 12 days
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Aemiliana
All nighter most likely. FML.

How's that essay coming along? When did you start revising this morning?

Monday - 2 hours
Tuesday - 1 hour
Wednesday - 7 hours

I'm aiming for 40 hours this week :tongue:
Original post by Of_the_hook

Original post by Of_the_hook
How's that essay coming along? When did you start revising this morning?

Monday - 2 hours
Tuesday - 1 hour
Wednesday - 7 hours

I'm aiming for 40 hours this week :tongue:

Badly - still reading. I'm not going to sleep until I've done at least 1000 words though.

9am - had lectures though and then took hours off :facepalm: I'm gonna need to use ColdTurkey to get the hours you've been getting in recently!
Thanks for setting the challenge sulexk! It got me properly starting revision :smile:

I won't make 50 but this is my record so far: :wink:

day 1: 2 hrs (+3 hrs of lessons)
day 2: 1 hr (+3 hrs of lessons)
day 3: 5.5 hrs (+1 hr of lessons)
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest