The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maths134
Stats is horrid =p

I much prefer core to stats...arent doing mechanics at the moment but will probably have to do m1 next year if i decide to do further maths AS in year 13. :frown:

Is M1 any harder than S1?
Original post by BeccaCath94
I much prefer core to stats...arent doing mechanics at the moment but will probably have to do m1 next year if i decide to do further maths AS in year 13. :frown:

Is M1 any harder than S1?

It's harder. and ****ter.
Original post by dnumberwang
It's harder. and ****ter.

I tried a bit of it in yr11 and didnt really like it so took stats...but harder! :frown: I think stats is pretty hard so...
But if i do further maths i'll have to do M1 wont i?
I just found this, haven't been on here in ages and well, I come into this category too.
GCSEs: 3A*s, 8As
AS Levels: Maths, Further Maths (AQA), Physics, History and Gov & Pol
Potential Unis: Oxford (Hahaha), Warwick, ICL, Sussex, Surrey, Bath, Southampton and maybe a few others.
Prep: Ummmm, not an awful lot. I have a books list (Y)
Reply 404
hmmmm...

Standard Grades: Half way through them

Highers: They're next year

Considering: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen,
Dundee and St Andrews (even though i wont get it :L)

Prep: Concentrating on my standard grades at the moment... oh and end goal (at the moment) is a maths teacher so i skip PE, because i dont do it anyway, and help teach wee first years maths :smile:
Original post by Heroesorghosts
Is there a rule that says you can't reapply once you've commenced at another university? Or is it simply frowned upon and therefore he didn't get an offer? OK thanks a take a look through that threat though I believe it's 60 odd pages :P

Edit: Just seen the comments by King of Fools. Turns out he outright told the tutors he was at university! If I apply, I think I'd deifnitely keep it on the down low from everyone but family and close friends after reading that!

well then go for it if that is what you really want.
Reply 406
Original post by dnumberwang

I have 3 exams in 1 day :colonhash:

Same, C2, S2 and Biol2... Yay -.-
Reply 407
Original post by Tom1993
Same, C2, S2 and Biol2... Yay -.-

As have I...
Reply 408
Hey guys, just wondering (not to offend anyone), but you're not all complete nerds are you? Because I told someone that I was going to do a maths degree and they scoffed and told me that it was the "nerdiest" subject at there uni. And although I have a love of maths I still have a good social life, so please tell me everyone else likes to have fun... I mean I'm not going to uni to sit in my room revising.

Any bodyknow what I mean?
Reply 409
Original post by Hoody93
Hey guys, just wondering (not to offend anyone), but you're not all complete nerds are you? Because I told someone that I was going to do a maths degree and they scoffed and told me that it was the "nerdiest" subject at there uni. And although I have a love of maths I still have a good social life, so please tell me everyone else likes to have fun... I mean I'm not going to uni to sit in my room revising.

Personally, I'm going to be honest I'm a bit of a nerd I mean, I openly admit to loving maths and chemistry, so, yeah, I like education, so, yes, I'm nerdy in that sense.

But, I have a good social life, i go to parties etc. I don't sit in all day reading, I go out with friends and just generally have a laugh, and i intend to do the same at uni. But at the same time I'm not going to uni just to fail my course so if one night I can't go out because I'm revising, so be it.
Original post by Hoody93

im not a nerd. honestly. but i get the feeling a lot of people here are. Although I think it depends where you go really.
Reply 411
Original post by Hoody93

Ah he's ignorant, let him be...

Maths can be beautiful :smile:
Reply 412
Original post by ilovedubstep
im not a nerd. honestly. but i get the feeling a lot of people here are. Although I think it depends where you go really.

Agreed. And not to stereotype, but i knew you weren't a nerd... Because you love dubstep. :P

It sounds stupid but I must admit that does put me off COWI, are the people there going to be complete bores...?
Original post by Hoody93

I wouldn't class myself as a nerd really... I love maths as a subject - find it fun even but that's just appreciation of a subject. I do some nerdy things like play videogames - but I'm pretty popular at school, I hang out with friends a lot, go out to parties and clubs and have a really good social life.

Personally I think whoever those people were, were probably jealous because they aren't clever enough to do a maths degree - or just don't appreciate the subject properly (like most people really).

But yeah I wouldn't worry, there will be some super-intense nerds (all the best to you guys :wink:) but a lot of us are regular people who happen to love maths :biggrin:
Reply 414
Original post by Jampolo
Ah he's ignorant, let him be...

Maths can be beautiful :smile:

Maths is beautiful. But, again not to offend, there are some people on this thread that I don't even have to converse with them and i know they're the type to sit in there room all day... alone.
Reply 415
Original post by hassi94
I wouldn't class myself as a nerd really... I love maths as a subject - find it fun even but that's just appreciation of a subject. I do some nerdy things like play videogames - but I'm pretty popular at school, I hang out with friends a lot, go out to parties and clubs and have a really good social life.

Personally I think whoever those people were, were probably jealous because they aren't clever enough to do a maths degree - or just don't appreciate the subject properly (like most people really).

But yeah I wouldn't worry, there will be some super-intense nerds (all the best to you guys :wink:) but a lot of us are regular people who happen to love maths :biggrin:

Best reply yet. Thanks.
Original post by Hoody93
Agreed. And not to stereotype, but i knew you weren't a nerd... Because you love dubstep. :P

It sounds stupid but I must admit that does put me off COWI, are the people there going to be complete bores...?

You should visit and see for yourself :tongue:
Reply 417
Original post by Hoody93
Maths is beautiful. But, again not to offend, there are some people on this thread that I don't even have to converse with them and i know they're the type to sit in there room all day... alone.

Ah your being stereotypical, you see you shouldn't judge because people like to be the best they can. Some days i'll sit in a room with my textbooks for hours at time, other days i'll go out. Its all a mood.
Reply 418
Original post by Jampolo
Ah your being stereotypical, you see you shouldn't judge because people like to be the best they can. Some days i'll sit in a room with my textbooks for hours at time, other days i'll go out. Its all a mood.

Nerd.
No, only joking, fair enough, i suppose we'll all see for ourselves in around 16 months...
Reply 419
Original post by Hoody93
Nerd.
No, only joking, fair enough, i suppose we'll all see for ourselves in around 16 months...

how dare you!

think of it like this, you put the hard work in now, and through university, working life will be a lot more enjoyable.
talking of stereotypes, theres so many people i know who frown on academic excellence, i mean people try and abuse me for reading books lol.. but they're the sort of people stuck in dead end jobs going no where..

Latest