The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2800
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Every university is completely different. And then there are internal differences. Some give out decisions in batches throughout the year, some get back to all interviewees separately, some wait till the end of the year before telling anyone.

There is no way of knowing, you just have to wait and see :rolleyes:

Okay thanks :smile:

Oh dear I'm sure we'll all be so anxious during that time!
Original post by liviaaa

People usually are yes :smile:
Every university is completely different. And then there are internal differences. Some give out decisions in batches throughout the year, some get back to all interviewees separately, some wait till the end of the year before telling anyone.

There is no way of knowing, you just have to wait and see :rolleyes:

End of the year??? :lolwut:

People would just give up and go into depression, no?
Original post by thegodofgod
End of the year??? :lolwut:

People would just give up and go into depression, no?

I meant that some give out all decisions in April at the very end of the process, regardless of when you were interviewed :smile: Glasgow did that to us, had to wait between November and March.

Some people on waiting lists will be waiting till results day...in August :redface:
I meant that some give out all decisions in April at the very end of the process, regardless of when you were interviewed :smile: Glasgow did that to us, had to wait between November and March.

Some people on waiting lists will be waiting till results day...in August :redface:

Ohh :redface: - thought you meant like August lol

Applicants would be terrified if after like 6 months of waiting they didn't get in :sad:
Ohh :redface: - thought you meant like August lol

Applicants would be terrified if after like 6 months of waiting they didn't get in :sad:

No, not quite as bad as that :smile: But the wait really isn't pleasant.
But the wait really isn't pleasant.

So I've heard :frown:

How's your SSC coming along?
So I've heard :frown:

How's your SSC coming along?

Finished :colone: All gooooood.

Revision now.
Original post by liviaaa

You probably will be, particularly when you look on tsr medicine pages for unis you applied to and you see that they've given out a batch of offers/rejections and feel like you're gonna die when your email doesn't load :tongue: It was weird, I came on here, twice, saw people got rejections, got a really weird and VERY bad feeling and knew that i'd got rejection , and i was right both times - although it does slightly take away the element of surprise :tongue:
Original post by Quackers93
You probably will be, particularly when you look on tsr medicine pages for unis you applied to and you see that they've given out a batch of offers/rejections and feel like you're gonna die when your email doesn't load :tongue: It was weird, I came on here, twice, saw people got rejections, got a really weird and VERY bad feeling and knew that i'd got rejection , and i was right both times - although it does slightly take away the element of surprise :tongue:

Is your sig a 'Monroe' quotation?
Is your sig a 'Monroe' quotation?

It may have been :tongue: (is it a program with the guy that used to be in the yellow pages hair cut advert?)

I saw an advert ages ago with that and though 'thats awesome and potentially true' lol I meant to watch it but forgot the name of the program :frown: :tongue:
It may have been :tongue: (is it a program with the guy that used to be in the yellow pages hair cut advert?)

I saw an advert ages ago with that and though 'thats awesome and potentially true' lol I meant to watch it but forgot the name of the program :frown: :tongue:

Monroe's that (Scottish) or northerner neurosurgeon with a really weird accent, who's really arrogant.

ITV on Thursdays at 9 pm I believe (or something like that)

lol same I only saw the advert.
Monroe's that (Scottish) or northerner neurosurgeon with a really weird accent, who's really arrogant.

That would be Northern Irish. Well James Nesbit is :tongue:
Reply 2815
Original post by SteveCrain
ermm yes, they do

or at least, can

Don't reply to me if you don't do some research. Do you think I haven't checked this? People from a poor family get up to 100% grants, and rich people don't need any grants. So like I said, it's the middle class who aren't poor enough to get a grant, but not rich enough to be able to afford the fees. I can't wait for your next response(!)
That would be Northern Irish. Well James Nesbit is :tongue:

that's the one! :biggrin:

I can never tell the difference between Welsh / Scottish / N. Irish / Irish accents :sad:
that's the one! :biggrin:

I can never tell the difference between Welsh / Scottish / N. Irish / Irish accents :sad:

They are all quite distinct :s-smilie: But they don't really exist. You get internal variation. An Aberdonian a Glaswegian and an Orcadian all sound very different :wink:
Original post by Jabbo12
Don't reply to me if you don't do some research. Do you think I haven't checked this? People from a poor family get up to 100% grants, and rich people don't need any grants. So like I said, it's the middle class who aren't poor enough to get a grant, but not rich enough to be able to afford the fees. I can't wait for your next response(!)

So I guess it ends there. Middle class kids can't go to med school. Shame, I really thought you had potential...

Yeah! thats the one :biggrin: thanks :smile:

They are all quite distinct :s-smilie: But they don't really exist. You get internal variation. An Aberdonian a Glaswegian and an Orcadian all sound very different :wink:

'Orcadian' thats such a cool word lol

Can I ask, do you know of any medics who got in with an A2 resit? I know they've state that they don't accept A2 resits but i'm hoping theres an anomalie somewhere :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending