The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quackers93
Yeah! thats the one :biggrin: thanks :smile:

'Orcadian' thats such a cool word lol

Can I ask, do you know of any medics who got in with an A2 resit? I know they've state that they don't accept A2 resits but i'm hoping theres an anomalie somewhere :tongue:

Define 'resit' modules or whole year? Some accept the former, few (if any) the latter.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Resit_Policies
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
x

What is the prevailing personality type of your years med students?
Define 'resit' modules or whole year? Some accept the former, few (if any) the latter.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Resit_Policies

Well its an A2 module. I really don't need to resit as I got an A although it was boarderline A and cause I'm trying for A* I thought I'd give myself a better chance by resitting. As cause I did so well last year, I only need D's in my next 2 exams to get A's overall. So its not like I'm doing it cause I need to, its more cause i want to.

I emailed them about it and got generic resit policy feedback saying they don't take A2 resits but didn't differentiate between module/whole year :/

*Thanks for the link :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Quackers93
Well its an A2 module. I really don't need to resit as I got an A although it was boarderline A and cause I'm trying for A* I thought I'd give myself a better chance by resitting. As cause I did so well last year, I only need D's in my next 2 exams to get A's overall. So its not like I'm doing it cause I need to, its more cause i want to.

I emailed them about it and got generic resit policy feedback saying they don't take A2 resits but didn't differentiate between module/whole year :/

Well I didn't do A-levels so I'm afraid I have no idea :redface: If the uni said that there is a chance then you should apply if you think it is worth the risk.
Original post by SteveCrain
What is the prevailing personality type of your years med students?

I wouldn't say that there is a prevailing type. We are all different. I have yet to meet (in any year) someone who is uber competitive and refuses to be friendly.

Most are quiet relaxed and fun loving :smile:
Well I didn't do A-levels so I'm afraid I have no idea :redface: If the uni said that there is a chance then you should apply if you think it is worth the risk.

Ah yeah, I didn't think about that the fact your scottish you probably wouldn't have known lol Thank you :smile:
I wouldn't say that there is a prevailing type. We are all different. I have yet to meet (in any year) someone who is uber competitive and refuses to be friendly.

Most are quiet relaxed and fun loving :smile:

Is there a high banter absorption peak cm-1?
Is there a high banter absorption peak cm-1?

IR joke. Don't here enough of those....:tongue:

There is a great deal of banter don't worry :smile: Some people work harder than others but generally that doesn't matter day to day.
IR joke. Don't here enough of those....:tongue:

There is a great deal of banter don't worry :smile: Some people work harder than others but generally that doesn't matter day to day.

Non science related banter makes me worry
Non science related banter makes me worry

Really? Well then maybe it isn't for you :tongue: Medicine is boring, science even more so. Why would we talk about then when there is rugby/golf/babes/apprentice to chat about?
Really? Well then maybe it isn't for you :tongue: Medicine is boring, science even more so. Why would we talk about then when there is rugby/golf/babes/apprentice to chat about?

Because when the **** hits the fan rugby, golf babes, and the apprentice won't help you.
Because when the **** hits the fan rugby, golf babes, and the apprentice won't help you.

Help me with what? :tongue:

We do revise together and do discuss thing about the course. But we do have other interests....which is usually a good thing....:confused:
Help me with what? :tongue:

We do revise together and do discuss thing about the course. But we do have other interests....which is usually a good thing....:confused:

I guess that's one view to take of it.

Questions: Does Aberdeen medical school have a) a swimming pool b) a twenty four hour library
I guess that's one view to take of it.

Questions: Does Aberdeen medical school have a) a swimming pool b) a twenty four hour library

Yes. Getting a better new shiny Olympic pool next year and the brand new library will be open in September 2011 which will be state of the art and 24hr.

The medical library is at the medical school and is only open till 10, but is a lot quiter and easier to work.
Yes. Getting a better new shiny Olympic pool next year and the brand new library will be open in September 2011 which will be state of the art and 24hr.

You are ready.
You are ready.

For what?
For what?

Only you can possibly know that. Remember what I have taught you and you will be fine. Godspeed
Only you can possibly know that. Remember what I have taught you and you will be fine. Godspeed

:rolleyes:
Reply 2838
So I guess it ends there. Middle class kids can't go to med school. Shame, I really thought you had potential...

OK just a forum
Original post by Jabbo12
Don't reply to me if you don't do some research. Do you think I haven't checked this? People from a poor family get up to 100% grants, and rich people don't need any grants. So like I said, it's the middle class who aren't poor enough to get a grant, but not rich enough to be able to afford the fees. I can't wait for your next response(!)

They can get loans. The middle class- nay, any class- don't need to worry about paying off the fees until after graduation. So no one can't afford uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending