The Student Room Group

Warwick or Imperial for Maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reminisce
Imperial but they're influenced by other reasons that probably won't apply to everyone...

what were the reasons?.. just out of curiosity
Original post by I smell like maths
what were the reasons?.. just out of curiosity

Location - obviously, London has more opportunities afterwards and being in London for 3 years would help build up a network.
Original post by Reminisce
Location - obviously, London has more opportunities afterwards and being in London for 3 years would help build up a network.

Depends entirely on what opportunities you're hoping will arise from your degree.

It looks like you're applying next year so I really recommend doing your research on everything else there before making that conclusion. A lot of these top Universities look brilliant from the outside but once you dig a little deeper, a lot more less-good things start showing. (For what it's worth, in year 12 I thought that Imperial was amazing place for me to be but it wasn't until very late this year that I realised that it wasn't as good [again, for me] as it seemed)
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
Depends entirely on what opportunities you're hoping will arise from your degree.

It looks like you're applying next year so I really recommend doing your research on everything else there before making that conclusion. A lot of these top Universities look brilliant from the outside but once you dig a little deeper, a lot more less-good things start showing. (For what it's worth, in year 12 I thought that Imperial was amazing place for me to be but it wasn't until very late this year that I realised that it wasn't as good [again, for me] as it seemed)

Sorry, I was mentioning this in general. For me specifically, Imperial is attractive because of the accessibility of the City :wink:.
Reply 24
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93

This, times a million. Once you start digging beneath the shiny surfaces of prospectuses and "official" information, it's pretty shocking how some aspects of some of the best universities (reputation-wise) are so poor.
I like both unis but for completely different reasons.
I like Imperial because I've lived in London my whole life and it would feel wierd to move away and it would be cheaper if I live out one year and then travel for the rest) and I also think (me being british asian) I would probably fit in at imperial better as there are quite a lot more british asians there than warwick (not being racist I love hanging out with other culture but I just don't like being the odd one out). But some of the things that I have heard about the imperial maths course are putting me off (don't get much help but are thrown into the deep end). Warwick is amazing. I absolutely loved it when I went there and for people saying that there isn't much to do there is plenty and it is a lot more sociable than you think because it is a campus uni.
I guess I would probably pick warwick over imperial but that's my choice. You should try visiting them and see if you can see yourself there

Quick Reply

Latest