The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2520
Our paths may have crossed then, I left the interview venue at about 12.30, so I expect you were waiting on one of those circular tables to be interviewed!
I got an email regarding haematology which said that all rejection and reserve emails had been sent out and that if you haven't heard anything yet it's likely that you are being considered for a post. However, I was told that the recruitment manager at the Barts and London trust was on annual leave until the 16th May so we probably won't hear back until next week :rolleyes: . Hope this helps anyone still wondering what's happening!
Reply 2522
Original post by GraduateSK
Well im out, well done to all those who got places yesterday. Bummed. Bye.

Will you apply next year? I don't think I will.
Original post by dsmtrst
Will you apply next year? I don't think I will.

I thought the whole process was quite stressful (more than what I've ever experienced in recruitment before) and the worse part is waiting up to a month for a YES, NO or RESERVE, without even getting feedback if you not successful. Unless they change some elements of this process for next year...I'm also not applying.

I haven't been able to focus on my studies and the rest of my life whilst I'm still waiting....
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2524
Original post by VENIVIDIVICI
I thought the whole process was quite stressful (more than what I've ever experienced in recruitment before) and the worse part is waiting up to a month for a YES, NO or RESERVE, without even getting feedback if you not successful. Unless they change some elements of this process for next year...I'm also not applying.

I haven't been able to focus on my studies and the rest of my life whilst I'm still waiting....

Well, to be fair, if you'd apply for an internship in the city or any other big company (I know, completely irrelevant to science, but look how many science graduates go on to Investment Banking etc.) you would normally have to wait for a couple of months before you get any answer. And their applications take ages - say you apply in October, you'd be lucky to have first interview in January, second interview in March and final answer by May. But it feels OK because noone promises you things will get done sooner. The problem with NHS is that they've set themselves unrealistic deadlines which they couldn't meet, so everyone is frustrated..
Reply 2525
Heya,
I know the number has been posted many times, but I can't find it when I want it... can someone post the number they have been using for contacting MSC recruitment?

Thanks in advance all!
Reply 2526
Original post by QueenAli
Heya,
I know the number has been posted many times, but I can't find it when I want it... can someone post the number they have been using for contacting MSC recruitment?

Thanks in advance all!

It was 0121 695 2411
Reply 2527
Original post by triwka
It was 0121 695 2411

Thanks for that.

I phoned them for the first time, and they are so darn unhelpful. It basically confirmed what Seahawk said earlier, that at one of the Trusts (they wouldn't say which, but Seahawk said Barts), the key person is on annual leave until the 16th, and so I should expect a response after that time. They wouldn't say if Oxford were considering me at all.

They did say that all rejection and reserve emails had gone out.

In a way, the delay is good, because I am more likely to hear back about other jobs/possible interviews in that time, and can make a more informed decision.

Has anyone heard back from Oxford about Haematology?
I just assumed Barts as Oxford got back to me with a no before interviews through the NHS jobs site. But I'm not really sure if thats the case as I heard that we might still be considered at the Oxford Trust :confused:
Reply 2529
Hi guys just wondering if anyone who was interviewed on the 14th has heard anything? This wait is killing me!
Reply 2530
Original post by Seahawk_09
I just assumed Barts as Oxford got back to me with a no before interviews through the NHS jobs site. But I'm not really sure if thats the case as I heard that we might still be considered at the Oxford Trust :confused:

I got rejected by Oxford before the interview too, but also heard that you may still be considered even if you weren't shortlisted... I'm still confused as to how many jobs there are available!
Reply 2531
Been offered a place for biochem in London :biggrin: But still waiting to find out at which trust - any other london biochemists heard anything about this? Don't know if we get to state our preferences or if we are just placed at one of the seven trusts?

Good luck to all those still waiting.
For Southeast a consultant biochemist from one of the trusts emailed asking us to rank order our preferences. Then it took one more day to hear which trust. Apparently the trusts also get to choose which candidate they want. Hope that helps!
Original post by triwka
Well, to be fair, if you'd apply for an internship in the city or any other big company (I know, completely irrelevant to science, but look how many science graduates go on to Investment Banking etc.) you would normally have to wait for a couple of months before you get any answer. And their applications take ages - say you apply in October, you'd be lucky to have first interview in January, second interview in March and final answer by May. But it feels OK because noone promises you things will get done sooner. The problem with NHS is that they've set themselves unrealistic deadlines which they couldn't meet, so everyone is frustrated..

Ok, I agree, but I come from a consultancy (finance) background and have been through what you've mentioned. Though I found the interview process (I've had up to five interviews over 6 months ending with a partner interview at the end) stressful...at least I knew the process would take that long (as communicated) and I never waited a month for feedback at any stage of the process after each interview. Like you said the MSC Recruitment advertised dates for feedback and said one thing, but then changed it without letting us all know. If we hadn't chased up after them who knows how long they would've taken...

People appreciated that these things take time, but they should've kept us in the loop from the start and don't say one thing and do another.

Anyhow, if I don't get in..i'll be looking at other avenues and this time next year, I hope I'll be sorted and not doing this again...BUT if I get in....I'll forgive them for all the stress caused :biggrin:
Reply 2534
I am also in London for Biochem :smile: But I've not heard anything from them directly yet, so no idea if we will have any input in which trust... Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting to find out!
Reply 2535
Original post by funky-drummer
For Southeast a consultant biochemist from one of the trusts emailed asking us to rank order our preferences. Then it took one more day to hear which trust. Apparently the trusts also get to choose which candidate they want. Hope that helps!

Thats great thanks! Good to know we get hopefully a bit of choice in the matter :smile:

Well done on getting your first choice!
Reply 2536
Original post by Seahawk_09

I just found out that my more than qualified acquaintance has been put on a reserve list for Haematology :confused:. Now I am freaking out (excuse the American, but it encompasses my feelings) that I may be offered a job over him, and he deserves it more! :s-smilie:

Looks like its you and me Seahawk...:eek:
I just found out that my more than qualified acquaintance has been put on a reserve list for Haematology :confused:. Now I am freaking out (excuse the American, but it encompasses my feelings) that I may be offered a job over him, and he deserves it more! :s-smilie:

Looks like its you and me Seahawk...:eek:

You gotta think more highly of yourself and your abilities....if you don't nobody will. Just being more qualified doesn't mean you'd get the post...you must've performed better than him on the day (...and impressed them). Thats life..nothing is ever what it seems.

Enjoy the moment and congrats when you do finally get your offer.
Reply 2538
Original post by VENIVIDIVICI
You gotta think more highly of yourself and your abilities....if you don't nobody will. Just being more qualified doesn't mean you'd get the post...you must've performed better than him on the day (...and impressed them). Thats life..nothing is ever what it seems.

Enjoy the moment and congrats when you do finally get your offer.

Thanks VeniVidiVici, I do think highly of my abilities, but I also know that I lack experience compared to other applicants. I know that I interview well, but I think I am still feeling disbelief. This could all come and bite me on the bum anyway if they don't want me after all!

The chance of a job definitely spurs me on with my revision. When I can stop myself from checking emails and TSR for news... :rolleyes:
Thanks VeniVidiVici, I do think highly of my abilities, but I also know that I lack experience compared to other applicants. I know that I interview well, but I think I am still feeling disbelief. This could all come and bite me on the bum anyway if they don't want me after all!

The chance of a job definitely spurs me on with my revision. When I can stop myself from checking emails and TSR for news... :rolleyes:

Ok, but then stop saying that he deserves the post more than you...clearly MSC Recruitment disagrees with you :wink:

Anyway, best of luck, hopefully you hear back when they said so, as this must be frustrating for you...almost there, but still not confirmed in writing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending