The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A) I'm sure you would be fine studying Germanistik in Germany!
B) Why BaWü? There are so many nice places & unis in Germany :smile:

Original post by such_a_lady
^^danke schön aber eigentlich hab ich fast nihcts geschrieben :P Hast du denn viele Engländern kennengelernt? Viele, die in Großbritannien wohnen und Deutsch lernen, finden Deutschland echt super^^
Ehrlich gesagt würde ich gerne in Deutschland studiern...auf jedem Fall werd ich ein Jahr im Ausland verbringen (ich bewerbe mich für Oxford, Durham, St. Andrews und wahrscheinlich York und Bath auch) aber ich möchte auch mich für deutsche Unis wie Tübingen bewerben. Jedoch weiß ich nicht, ob ich das schaffen kann. Wenn ich in Deutschland studiert hätte, müsste ich Germanistik mit Spanisch studiern. Vielleicht würde ein Studienkolleg reichen, wenn ich das doch machen wollen würde, aber das Problem ist, ist das ich weiß nicht, ob ich Germanistik in der Uni verstehen können würde. Es gibt nur eine Uni, die Deutsch als Fremdsprache anbietet, und ich will in BaWü studieren...was für Ratschläge hast du? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Phia7
A) I'm surre you would be fine studying Germanistik in Germany!

I'm absolutely convinced you're right, and I want to have visited every state during my lifetime :smile: For uni, though, I'll only be 18 when I start, and because I have so many friends and my exchange partner's families there, it would be nice to have that bit of security :smile:
Reply 442
You can add me to the list if you want :biggrin:

Username: Gia_x
Subject: Physics
GCSE: 7 A*s 6 As
AS: Maths A (97 C1 98 C2 100 S1); Biology & Chemistry modules A, hopefully for A-level A*A*AAa (physics, maths, further maths, chemistry, biology)
College: One near the physics department?
Reply 443
Original post by Phia7
Me, too! Ahh, procrastinating is naaaice! Especially because you don't feel that guilty when it's got anything to do with university. :biggrin:

Exaaaactly :biggrin: At we can impress them at interview with all the useless facts that we know woo :cool: ...hopefully...
Reply 444
Original post by Phia7
A) I'm surre you would be fine studying Germanistik in Germany!

I totally agree about A). Your German is really good and I don't know how much time exactly you spent over here, but I remember that my English got better really really quickly when I spent that year in the US. Plus, you know, in Germany people like to study for a long time, so even if you do more than 6 semesters, you'll be fine.
(This sounds like I don't want you applying for Oxford or something but be assured that this isn't the case. I'm just making my point about how good your German is here)

B) It's just the best state. :smile: Even if that questions wasn't meant for me.
Original post by claire102
I think I actually remember reading your comments on that thread last year :L there's procrastinating by researching Oxford far too early for you!

And me :redface: . Though I didn't actually read the Applicants' Thread, I read the Offer Holders' one two years in a row. It's perfect guilt-free procrastinating.
Good luck this years candidates! If anyone wants any advice on what it's like here, applying, Balliol or Chemistry, don't hesitate to PM me :smile:
Reply 447
Username: Amodeus
GCSEs: 9 A*s 1 A
AS Levels: Maths (88% AS), Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Art
Subject: Medicine
College: No preference

Extra Curricular: Grade 8 Piano, 2nd XV Rugby, Bell Ringing Club :biggrin:, Choir, Extended Project
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 448
Original post by anyone_can_fly
And me :redface: . Though I didn't actually read the Applicants' Thread, I read the Offer Holders' one two years in a row. It's perfect guilt-free procrastinating.

Oh someone's optimistic :P i really hope you do get an offer so you can come full-circle and post in the 2012 one! :smile:
Original post by claire102
Oh someone's optimistic :P i really hope you do get an offer so you can come full-circle and post in the 2012 one! :smile:

Well, I thought offer holders would probably know more than applicants. Or maybe I just wanted to see how happy they were in the first few pages, when they were still in shock.

I hope Oxford ends up insanely under-subscribed (for Oxford) and we all get in. :moon:
Reply 450
Well, I thought offer holders would probably know more than applicants. Or maybe I just wanted to see how happy they were in the first few pages, when they were still in shock.

I hope Oxford ends up insanely under-subscribed (for Oxford) and we all get in. :moon:

Yeah that's true...what a beautiful thought haha, imagine the shock :biggrin:
Original post by such_a_lady
Definitely going to the Languages Open Day on 21 May now!! So excited :biggrin: Is anyone else going to be there? :smile:

:yep:
The last part is kind of nice... in a weird way :wink:

Original post by Phia7
The last part is kind of nice... in a weird way :wink:

Nice in a weird way probably sums me up :biggrin:
:biggrin: haha :biggrin:
Nice in a weird way probably sums me up :biggrin:
Reading this thread is making me reconsider about reapplying. I applied for maths last year and made it through to interviews but got rejected in the end :frown: Currently sitting on an Imperial offer based on a 2 in STEP II/III as I've already done my A-Levels. However, Oxford has been my dream for god knows how many years (I'm sure many of you can empathise with this) and I just feel as if I belong there having lived there for 6 months too and falling in love with the place! I'm considering (hopefully if I make STEP) taking up my place at Imperial and then reapplying to Oxford while I'm there, as I figure I have nothing to lose and I'm only 17 so age is definitely on my side! However I have reservations as it is virtually admitting to myself that Imperial is second place to what I really want, before I've even gone! And it's also not a case of being able to go and see if I like it as much as I can imagine loving Oxford (living there definitely gave me a feel for it), as Imperial only starts in October and last year Oxbridge applications were in by the 15th October! I guess I shall ponder for it a while longer before making my final decision.. If anyone has experience of the same, it would be greatly appreciated :smile: And good luck to everyone else who applies - it truly is an amazing experience if you make it to interviews so just make the most of it! I must say I have very fond memories of the whole process from doing background reading for my PS, writing it, doing the MAT etc. and if anyone is having reservations about applying just do it! It's only one place out of 5 choices and honestly you'd be crazy not to :smile:
Not many people up for law it seems....I must say that makes me very happy :biggrin: hahaha
Sorry for posting in German! I normally don't do that as it's kind of rude but I also didn't want to reply in english to our germany-lover's post :smile:
Original post by Phia7
Sorry for posting in German! I normally don't do that as it's kind of rude but I also didn't want to reply in english to our germany-lover's post :smile:

You are fine to post in German as long as you provide an English translation underneath in spoiler tags or similar :smile:
Ok :colondollar:
Original post by Zoedotdot
You are fine to post in German as long as you provide an English translation underneath in spoiler tags or similar :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending