The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Insanespana
Just bought the series 5 soundtrack - please tell me it's worth it?

Since I've been listening to it almost non-stop for the past four days, I'm going to say hell yeah!

Weeping Angels would win every time.

Original post by Insanespana
Just bought the series 5 soundtrack - please tell me it's worth it?

Yes. Most of it is beautiful. I'm not a fan of 'The Time of Angels' tack because of the screeching, and the Silurians just has a weird feeling to it, can't quite explain it. Rest of it is ace. :biggrin:
Reply 2182
I think I'm right in saying that this weekends episode is 50 minutes long! A whole 5 minutes extra!!

Also, on the 21st (epsiode 5) is gonna be starting at 6.45..
Original post by Yoghurt
I think I'm right in saying that this weekends episode is 50 minutes long! A whole 5 minutes extra!!

Woo! It is random how some are that extra few minutes tbh.

They really need to stick to just the one time for every week. :dry:
Reply 2184
Each episode would be so much better if it was 60 minutes long.
Reply 2185
Original post by Mess.

Original post by Mess.
Each episode would be so much better if it was 60 minutes long.

This. I don't understand why they're not.
Original post by Yoghurt

Woooo lol. I prefer later starts tbh, not too fond of the 6.15 time
Maybe this isn't the real Amy but clone Amy? Maybe at some point they've been swapped and for whatever reason she's seeing Madame Kovarian because she kind of needs Madame Kovarian to plant the memories but that would mean Amy was swapped at some point before she got to the orphanage?
Maybe she was swapped when captured by the Silents? Clone Amy had been there for days, but not real Amy.

Perhaps.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Where's that from?

Also I hate that when I quoted you I saw what was inside the spoiler accidentally :frown: I didn't want to read anyyyyy.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/s7/doctor-who/news/a319096/new-doctor-who-game-teased-for-2012.html

A couple of things to point out.

1) This will be a game SEPARATE from the MMO "Worlds in Time".
2) It is scheduled to come out next year.
3) For people who hadn't heard yet, the Adventure Games will be back later this year.
4) More information about "Worlds in Time" will be released at the San Diego ComicCon in July.
I'm still having thoughts about episode 2.

I've just watched it again and, apart from the obvious emphasis on all the mirrors (I'll get back to that in a minute), I made a connection between something eye patch lady said and something the Silent said when Amy was in their spaceship or whatever. It said she'd been there many days and she reckoned she'd only just arrived - the Silent also made her sleep; eye patch lady had said previously "she's just dreaming," so it seems like there should be a link here. Is it possible that some (or all) of the events (such as the orphanage visit) are only just Amy's dreams?

Also, and back to the mirrors (I'm not sure whether this point has been made). In the child's room where Amy got astronaut-ed, we never actually saw he she went from the room to the Silents' spaceship. As we know, she was stood fairly close to a mirror, and emphasising on the points others have made about the mirrors being a door between two worlds, it is possible that Amy travelled through the mirror to the Silents' ship? In that way, you could also say that's how the Silence travel... but that would be a bit too similar to Lily Cole, so I'm probably wrong on that last point. Food for thought though.
Original post by NaturalDisaster
I can't wait for it! Let's see...*counts weeks until episode 7* Yes! Episode 7 after my last exam, this is going to be spectacular. :biggrin: Yes, I see your point about the Dream Lord, must watch some episodes with the Valeyard....

Buy it. It's awesome. :cool:
Original post by TheCrackInTime

Duly noted. I'll add it to my long list of Doctor Who related things I need to buy. I want to buy too many things and don't have enough money for them all. I blame my chewing gum addiction for this. :rolleyes: Ah well, at least I have the glorious luxury of a television with which to watch Doctor Who, the greatest TV series ever ever ever.
urrrgh I hate how Dr.Who is conflicting with my ability to revise cause all I wanna do now is sit in my TARDIS blue room [yeaaah you heard me, i painted my room TARDIS blue] and speculate and find out i'm completely wrong.

damn you Moffatt.

Reply 2195
Original post by TheCrackInTime

Are there any other Classic DVD series that you'd recommened buying? I only have 'The Beginning' so far.
Original post by Yoghurt
Are there any other Classic DVD series that you'd recommened buying? I only have 'The Beginning' so far.

Genesis of the Daleks :smile:
Reply 2197
I have a box full of retro videos, given to me by a friend.... ah happy times... even some very very very old ones....
Reply 2198
Just checked- some are William Hartnell old!
Reply 2199
I have a theory I'd like some holes poked into :colondollar:

I think at some point Amy gets really close to death and the Doctor doesn't know what to do so to save her he infuses something time-lordy or TARDIS-y into her which saves her. This happens while she is pregnant which is why the baby can regenerate.

Plausible?

Latest