The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by humy369
I have a theory I'd like some holes poked into :colondollar:

I think at some point Amy gets really close to death and the Doctor doesn't know what to do so to save her he infuses something time-lordy or TARDIS-y into her which saves her. This happens while she is pregnant which is why the baby can regenerate.

Plausible?

Plausible, but a bit too similar to last series finale.
Original post by Yoghurt
Are there any other Classic DVD series that you'd recommened buying? I only have 'The Beginning' so far.

Sure. Ten stories of the top of my head are:

β€’

New Beginnings Box Set (The Keeper of Traken, Logopolis, Castrovalva)

β€’

Genesis of the Daleks

β€’

The Deadly Assassin

β€’

The Five Doctors

β€’

The Invasion

β€’

The Curse of Fenric

β€’

Spearhead from Space

β€’

The Caves of Androzani

Original post by Tasneemo
urrrgh I hate how Dr.Who is conflicting with my ability to revise cause all I wanna do now is sit in my TARDIS blue room [yeaaah you heard me, i painted my room TARDIS blue] and speculate and find out i'm completely wrong.

damn you Moffatt.

You have a TARDIS blue room?! I love you!!! I want to paint the TARDIS on my bedroom door, and then I'll be like "It's bigger on the inside" :wink: but I'm moving out in a year so it's quite pointless. Plus my parents suck and would never agree. But my children will have Doctor Who mercilessly shoved down their throats. They will be forced to appreciate the awesomness of David Tennant and John Simm. And all the other brilliant people in Doctor Who.

Doctor Who keeps popping up in my head (Pop-up blockers, not very effective against Time Lords) so I can't revise either. I've decided that if I'm still in love with Doctor Who in four years time then I will definitely get a tattoo of the TARDIS :biggrin: :biggrin: 2015. It'll be the anniversary of the regeneration of Dr Who, thanks to RTD. :biggrin: :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ??????????????????
I used to procrastinate to Dr Who, but then I procrastinated to that too. :frown: GL

It took me waayy too long to understand that. I think my brain is slowly shutting done. Need my Doctor Who dose :biggrin:
Original post by sheep_go_baa
It took me waayy too long to understand that. I think my brain is slowly shutting done. Need my Doctor Who dose :biggrin:

Too much Dr who will do that to you. Dr who withdrawl symptons?
Reply 2205
Original post by TheCrackInTime
Sure. Ten stories of the top of my head are:

β€’

New Beginnings Box Set (The Keeper of Traken, Logopolis, Castrovalva)

β€’

Genesis of the Daleks

β€’

The Deadly Assassin

β€’

The Five Doctors

β€’

The Invasion

β€’

The Curse of Fenric

β€’

Spearhead from Space

β€’

The Caves of Androzani

Thanks for that, i'll check them out.

The Caves of Androzani can actually be watched for free on Seesaw.com :biggrin:
I actually cannot wait till Saturday. This wait is KILLINGGGGGG MEEEEEEEE!
Original post by NaturalDisaster
I want to paint the TARDIS on my bedroom door, and then I'll be like "It's bigger on the inside" :wink:

OMG that's an amazing idea lol!
Original post by ??????????????????
Too much Dr who will do that to you. Dr who withdrawl symptons?

Fits the bill:emo:
Reply 2209
Bit further along on the look now :mmm:

I have navy chinos but they are wet :rolleyes: So I will repost a pic another day when they are eventually dry :awesome:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/861/img0540y.jpg/
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
OMG that's an amazing idea lol!

I'm doing that as soon as I have the chance, even if it takes until I'm old and grey and barely remember Doctor Who.

Edit: On another note, this is the most epic piece of Doctor Who music EVER EVER EVER!

I'm hoping that this'll be the song running through my head during exams (I always have a song in my head during exams) :biggrin: and I am so having this played at my funeral. :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mess.

I have navy chinos but they are wet :rolleyes: So I will repost a pic another day when they are eventually dry :awesome:

Aaah, love it! Why are your chinos wet :holmes:
I need to replace my bedroom door, as it doesn't close properly, so I might just get a TARDIS door :P
Reply 2213

Aaah, love it! Why are your chinos wet :holmes:

I got caught in a five minute thunder storm. The five minutes I was actually outside for :nothing:
Original post by Mess.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/861/img0540y.jpg/

:awesome:.

The Doctor should be clean shaven though :unimpressed:.

You look magnificent in tweed. The again, everyone looks magnificent in tweed.

Everyone in the whole God damn world should wear tweed :colonhash:.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tasneemo
urrrgh I hate how Dr.Who is conflicting with my ability to revise cause all I wanna do now is sit in my TARDIS blue room [yeaaah you heard me, i painted my room TARDIS blue] and speculate and find out i'm completely wrong.

damn you Moffatt.

The following teaser for The Doctor's Wife has gotten me all excited. Well, more excited.

Spoiler

:awesome: :teeth: :drool:
Reply 2217
Original post by Ultimate_Geek

Original post by Ultimate_Geek
:awesome:.

The Doctor should be clean shaven though :unimpressed:.

You look magnificent in tweed. The again, everyone looks magnificent in tweed.

Everyone in the whole God damn world should wear tweed :colonhash:.

Spoiler

I have literally just had a clean shave! Even clean shaven I still look like I have stubble though. No escaping my manliness :rolleyes: :rofl:

I hope I get a job in Gieves and Hawkes (currently in the process of applying) then I will be dressed in almighty suits with a hopeful punt at a bow tie :awesome:

I am really looking forward to this weeks episode! Has there been any announcement as to why this episode is going to be longer than normal? Apart from the aforementioned awesomeness of course.
Original post by Mess.
I have literally just had a clean shave! Even clean shaven I still look like I have stubble though. No escaping my manliness :rolleyes: :rofl:

I hope I get a job in Gieves and Hawkes (currently in the process of applying) then I will be dressed in almighty suits with a hopeful punt at a bow tie :awesome:

I am really looking forward to this weeks episode! Has there been any announcement as to why this episode is going to be longer than normal? Apart from the aforementioned awesomeness of course.

Well of course, bow-ties are cool.

I haven't stumbled across any whispers a to why but am excited all the same. Glad I finish work early - I'll be able to partake in analysis and speculation as it airs live for once :u:.
Original post by Mess.

No idea why but it's not the first, a few have been the extra 5 minutes in the last couple of series.

Here's a thought, do any of the gang remember the majority of the opener now? Like the battle at the end involving the Silents? I know Amy remembers the Doctor's Death but that didn't really involve the Silents except the one on the top of the cliff face.

Latest