The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by futuredoc77
:zomg: Why? Engineering is basically mechanics, but not as well explained :teehee:

Maths on the other hand :sogood:

Mechanics is :sogood:
Reply 1761
:zomg: Why? Engineering is basically mechanics, but not as well explained :teehee:

Maths on the other hand :sogood:

It has a lot of physics in it and physics is more :drool: than maths :tongue:, I get maths, physics a bit of chemistry and medicine in mine :dice:

Original post by Mask Of Sanity
That depends really what you want from it. I expect great things from you marmalade. :holmes:

Can't get less than a 2:1 :tongue:, not had that one in a while :lol:
Original post by dmz
can't get less than a 2:1 :tongue:, not had that one in a while :lol:

You better get down to it boy. :wink: I prefer lemon. :tongue:
Mechanics is :sogood:

I'm not a big fan :nope:

Original post by dmz
It has a lot of physics in it and physics is more :drool: than maths :tongue:, I get maths, physics a bit of chemistry and medicine in mine :dice:

Can't get less than a 2:1 :tongue:, not had that one in a while :lol:

True... but Maths > Physics for me :dontknow: it's all those wave shenanigans that ruined physics for me :grumble:

But your course does sound interesting :nutcase:
I'm not a big fan :nope:

Maths > Physics most definitely.

I just enjoy mechanics. :sogood: At least at A-level, as long as you understood it, you could do next to no revision. :gah:
Reply 1765
Can I ask you guys something? Did anyone get rejected by a university for medicine but were also offered a place to study a course that was allied to medicine/biomedical sciences. If yes, why do medical schools do this? Is it because they feel sorry for us or because they feel as if it wouldn't make us feel as upset if we were offered a full rejection?
Original post by hawflo
Can I ask you guys something? Did anyone get rejected by a university for medicine but were also offered a place to study a course that was allied to medicine/biomedical sciences. If yes, why do medical schools do this? Is it because they feel sorry for us or because they feel as if it wouldn't make us feel as upset if we were offered a full rejection?

It is because they realise that you are intelligent and probably would be an asset to the university :tongue: also most people only have one back-up if applying to medicine, this therefore gives you more options :smile: personally I think it is more the latter :colone:

I just enjoy mechanics. :sogood: At least at A-level, as long as you understood it, you could do next to no revision. :gah:

Agreed :yep:

Mechanics 2 is a right bitch though :argh:

Original post by hawflo

This.

But I wasn't even offered any, which only makes me think they didn't want me anywhere near their university :nothing:
Reply 1768
You better get down to it boy. :wink: I prefer lemon. :tongue:

i prefer my name, sex beast etc :rofl:
Reply 1769
Original post by hawflo

what moist said

i got a 68 in mechanics module in maths, but 90+ % in the physics mechanics, Maybe it's cos i was more bothered about c2 :dontknow:
Original post by dmz
i got a 68 in mechanics module in maths, but 90+ % in the physics mechanics, Maybe it's cos i was more bothered about c2 :dontknow:

The mechanics module in physics wasn't even very mathematical. I wanted to hit it. I somehow got 90%+ in both. :ninja: A2 I ****ed up majorly as you know so I won't go there.
Reply 1771
Agreed :yep:

Mechanics 2 is a right bitch though :argh:

This.

But I wasn't even offered any, which only makes me think they didn't want me anywhere near their university :nothing:

first cycle i was offered 11 by UEA and 7 by Leeds and UEA were like if you don't want any of these you can apply to a different faculty, like i want to live in Norwich that bad :nothing:
Original post by dmz
what moist said

Physics's mechanics wasn't as hard as the maths one :nah:

Original post by dmz
first cycle i was offered 11 by UEA and 7 by Leeds and UEA were like if you don't want any of these you can apply to a different faculty, like i want to live in Norwich that bad :nothing:

:K: I was never offered anything... apart for some shiz from Manchester because of MAP :ninja2:

:rofl: They wanted you bad :sexface:
Reply 1773
The mechanics module in physics wasn't even very mathematical. I wanted to hit it. I somehow got 90%+ in both. :ninja: A2 I ****ed up majorly as you know so I won't go there.

Maybe I'm just not very good in maths :frown:, I'm okay at core maths but not good. I owned A2 :smug: AS majorly sucked tho, didn't know we were expected to actually work :tongue:
I stopped giving a **** at A2 :nothing:
Original post by dmz
Maybe I'm just not very good in maths :frown:, I'm okay at core maths but not good. I owned A2 :smug: AS majorly sucked tho, didn't know we were expected to actually work :tongue:

I didn't work much at AS. Just at A2, I didn't work at all (E in C4 :rofl2:).

Summer exams I was at that stage. :sigh:

I had only done 2 weeks worth of cramming for the summer exams :ashamed2: That was all. I had to literally learn the Biology unit :indiff:
I had only done 2 weeks worth of cramming for the summer exams :ashamed2: That was all. I had to literally learn the Biology unit :indiff:

Which board were you with? Because if it was AQA, if you learnt **** all you would've had the same result. :colonhash: I usually did a week or two. I gave up on even that for the summer exams. I do regret it now but what can ya do eh? :getmecoat:
Reply 1778

Haha, that was at summer for me, was on 4B at the end of AS, two of them were pretty low too, did like 5resits for the Jan and had 7A's with 2b's (both a UMS away from an A) plus 100% in physics :smug: irony is i was like coming to lessons over an hour late constantly in A2. Stopped trying in summer.

i was kind of playing catch up the whole time so never got a grip. Haha i got a E in extended project :ahee:
Which board were you with? Because if it was AQA, if you learnt **** all you would've had the same result. :colonhash: I usually did a week or two. I gave up on even that for the summer exams. I do regret it now but what can ya do eh? :getmecoat:

'twas AQA indeed :colonhash: and quite right, it didn't make a difference :angry:
***** didn't learn their lesson from the Unit4 exam :laugh:
Original post by dmz
Haha, that was at summer for me, was on 4B at the end of AS, two of them were pretty low too, did like 5resits for the Jan and had 7A's with 2b's (both a UMS away from an A) plus 100% in physics :smug: irony is i was like coming to lessons over an hour late constantly in A2. Stopped trying in summer.

i was kind of playing catch up the whole time so never got a grip. Haha i got a E in extended project :ahee:

:lol: Looks like the round of rejections had the same effect on all of us :rolleyes:
I had ****load of exams too :indiff: like 15 or so :colonhash: I went to the classes but didn't pay attention :innocent: I'd also pull reasons out of thin air to ditch some :facepalm: and I have no regrets :smug: I wish I'd stopped going all together :indiff:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending