The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2580
Original post by MrCool83
Hi,

I'd just like to know if anyone's heard back for the Clinical Biochemistry posts? Also, those that have received a reply, how did they inform you? Through post, email, telephone?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I received an offer by email on tuesday for Clinical Biochem in London :smile: Hope you hear something soon.
Reply 2581
Original post by e1504
I am also in London for Biochem :smile: But I've not heard anything from them directly yet, so no idea if we will have any input in which trust... Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting to find out!

Hi. I just received an email from the consultant clinical scientist at georges saying they'll be having a meeting with all the London trainee's sometime in June to organise who will be based where - i guess i'll see you there :wink:
I don't really understand this recommendation business.. What exactly does it mean? Does it mean there is still a chance of being rejected?

If you are recommeded, then I'd say you have the job. Within 30 minutes of receiving my email, the Trust phoned me to let me know/confirm.
Reply 2583
Original post by jh1984
Hi,

I received an offer by email on tuesday for Clinical Biochem in London :smile: Hope you hear something soon.

Congrats! Seems like their will be quite a few Trainee Clinical Biochemists in London!
Reply 2584
Still not heard anything for the Biochemistry posts... Getting very worried now..
Reply 2585
Original post by krazykipper
I think it can't hurt. I managed to get feedback from one of my places and they said that because they had 400 applicants the whittled it down by throwing out:

1. Anyone with less than a 2:1 in their BSc.
2. Anyone with no paid NHS laboratory experience.
3. Anyone without an MSc already (I went on that point, don't finish the MSc for two months).

Get the impression I applied for the wrong places because everywhere I applied for only shortlisted those with MScs or PhDs already. :frown: Never mind. Good luck to everyone who got in!

Point 3 is wrong in my experience as i dont have one and got shortlisted

may be true for your places??
Reply 2586
Still not heard anything for the Biochemistry posts... Getting very worried now..

I know how you feel, I am still waiting to here back from immunology. I had my interview on the 11th and have still not heard anything, although I know a few people put on reserve and one has had an offer but nothing else in the last week, its driving me nuts
Reply 2587

Give them a call..
Reply 2588
I called them a few days ago and didn't get a clear answer.. Will the recruitment people have details on individual candidates whether they have been offered a place etc? If that's the case, may be they will tell me over the phone whether I have been rejected or accepted?
Reply 2589
Original post by rsteven
I know how you feel, I am still waiting to here back from immunology. I had my interview on the 11th and have still not heard anything, although I know a few people put on reserve and one has had an offer but nothing else in the last week, its driving me nuts

It seems that no news is good news. That is what they even say when you ring them!
Reply 2590
But it seems like most people have heard for the Biochem posts by now.. I worry maybe they sent me an email (rejection) and that it probably went to my junk mail and I deleted it without looking at it (I do that most of the time)...
Reply 2591
Original post by QueenAli
It seems that no news is good news. That is what they even say when you ring them!

I know, I keep telling myself that. The only problem is my lease is about to run out and I don't know whether to renew it or not. If I am offered a place then I will be moving, if not I will be staying where I am, so I wish I could find out soon, my lease runs out at the end of the month.
Reply 2592
Just got offered a place in Kings college London for immunology YAY!!
Reply 2593
Congratulations! Well done.. I'm still waiting..
I called them a few days ago and didn't get a clear answer.. Will the recruitment people have details on individual candidates whether they have been offered a place etc? If that's the case, may be they will tell me over the phone whether I have been rejected or accepted?

Maybe, but they've not been very forthcoming telephonically. I'd say call them again...its been so long and you have a right to at least be made aware of where you stand and why you still haven't heard back.

Ask them if they have sent you an email this week, as you may have accidentally deleted some...if they say no, then you know you're still in the game..if they say yes..then ask them to resend (thats if they don't say that you've been rejected)...silly this whole business, but that's what we dealing with. The mysteries of the MSC Recruitment Process!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2595
Original post by rsteven
Just got offered a place in Kings college London for immunology YAY!!

Big congrats to you then! Guess you won't be renewing that lease :smile:
Reply 2596
Hmm that seems like a good idea.. I will give them till around 3pm for an email, I'll definately call them after that if still no email/phone call..
Reply 2597
Hmm that seems like a good idea.. I will give them till around 3pm for an email, I'll definately call them after that if still no email/phone call..

If you have been recommended for a place, you may be in the same position as me, that there is a problem at the Trust end, like the main person is on annual leave (Barts & the London), and that is delaying your response.
Reply 2598
Hmmm, so that means I may not even hear from them by the end of the day? The recruitment people didn't tell me about anyone at my target trust being away. All in all it's quite nerve wracking to be honest especially as somany people have had some sort of a response.
Hmmm, so that means I may not even hear from them by the end of the day? The recruitment people didn't tell me about anyone at my target trust being away. All in all it's quite nerve wracking to be honest especially as somany people have had some sort of a response.

Have you been recommended to the Trust(s) or are we assuming that's the case as you haven't had a reply yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending