The Student Room Group

SAM's Study Tips

Scroll to see replies

SAM's Study tips 26: Get a good night's sleep. Do not stay up till all hours revising unless you feel this is vital - in which case, why???
Original post by mysqa
SAM's Study tips No 7: RTQ. ATQ. (I've left the "F" out of these as I am a lady). Personally I found this to be the most useful advice I ever got.

lol my music teacher taught us that
Study tips 27: Don't compare your prelim performance with your friends'. Set your own goals and work hard to achieve them.
Original post by nicolemcgrady
lol my music teacher taught us that

I agree - if there is one tip I would emphasis this would be it.
Original post by mysqa
(I've left the "F" out of these as I am a lady).

Sam is so demure :teehee:
Original post by Pedrobear
Sam is so demure :teehee:

Damn right I am.:smile:
:love:
SAM's Study tips 29: If you have trouble with specific details, at least try to understand the topic generally - details are sometimes supplied. (I'm just wondering what happened to tip 28 - I'm sure i posted it!)
Here's the missing tip (no jokes please) - SAM's Study tips 28: Use the same pens etc. you normally use in class. This can be a small psychological booster - use new pens for spares.
SAM's study tips 30: To do well in maths, attempt all questions. Even if you can't do the harder later parts, the early bits should be easy marks.
SAM's Study tips 31: Revise with a friend if possible, sharing ideas during revision. It helps you both understand, and builds confidence.
Reply 51
just stop being ridiculous
Reply 52
and dont go to groove
SAM's Study tips 32: Always read each question carefully. Don't just think "I know this" and charge in. You're likely to make silly mistakes.
SAM's Study tips 33: Believe in yourself. You are capable of passing - you wouldn't have a place on the course if you didn't have the ability.
SAM's Study tips 34: Don't overdo the coffee, tea and fizzy drinks; the caffeine will make you feel 'keyed-up' and your thinking less clear.
Reply 56
Original post by mysqa
SAM's Study tips 31: Revise with a friend if possible, sharing ideas during revision. It helps you both understand, and builds confidence.

Sorry but this one definitely doesn't work for me. We end up talking about anything other than revision. :gthumb:
Original post by Quirky
Sorry but this one definitely doesn't work for me. We end up talking about anything other than revision. :gthumb:

Well don't. There, that was simple. Next!?
SAM's Study tips 35: Boost confidence, reduce stress-avoid last minute cramming. Leaving revision time means you know you are well prepared.
Original post by mysqa
SAM's Study tips 34: Don't overdo the coffee, tea and fizzy drinks; the caffeine will make you feel 'keyed-up' and your thinking less clear.

I'm reading this whilst drinking a 500ml can of Relentless. Sorry Sam, don't think I can do that one. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending