The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Applied ICT Unit 7- June 2011 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by James1992
I feel the same as "iRush".

My thought would be to check that the password is correct with the username would be to use a query and form. As in, create a form that requires the user to enter their username and password. If no results are found then they must have entered either one wrong or no such details exist (this would be where a message would pop up).

Do people agree with that? Or would you do this another way?

To check whether they are old enough is easy - just create a validation rule.
Generate unique username - I know quite a few people have posted links but it's not clear for me.
A default password - Is this a password to enter the whole database or a password to enter their account?

I notice it says nothing about the user wanting the change the password, so I guess the query for the password would be "teapot".

Please someone help!

Regarding the password, mate I think they mean with each student the password should be teapot. So if anything else is written its wrong. The Validation rule/text is the only way I think we can put out messages to pop up.
Reply 41
Ah why on earth didn't I think of that!

I've just worked out how to do the unique username but i'm unsure how to link this with the database. Because otherwise we've just created a new form that has no actual link with the database? :s-smilie:
Reply 42
Also, in that case, how do we automatically set the password as teapot?

No worries - Worked it out :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
OHHHH AND IVE NOW WORKED OUT HOW TO LINK IT! WOOP Irush, wanna know how?
Reply 44
OHHHH AND IVE NOW WORKED OUT HOW TO LINK IT! WOOP Irush, wanna know how?

Please James!
Reply 45
Original post by bc0607
Use DLast instead of DMax

problem with using DLast() is that this is a possible random aggregate function that will just draw out the last in the physical sequence which depending on how we get the data in the files may not be the highest value. Basically depending on the order of the values in the exam CSV you may get a unexpected value returned. I would recommend using max() its worked for me.

Ben
Reply 46

Ah why on earth didn't I think of that!

I've just worked out how to do the unique username but i'm unsure how to link this with the database. Because otherwise we've just created a new form that has no actual link with the database? :s-smilie:

Use an append query. Open a query using query design, not wizard, refer to your form in the criteria row. Convert to an append query and then append to the relevant fields. All in my guide, via my blog - see a previous post, guide also explains one way to do a login - of course, there are several ways.
Reply 47
Also, in that case, how do we automatically set the password as teapot?

No worries - Worked it out :smile:

For those of you who have not worked it out, set teapot as the default value for the password field in your table design.
Reply 48
Original post by cfrench
For those of you who have not worked it out, set teapot as the default value for the password field in your table design.

You will also want to set it as the validation rule.
Reply 49
I have the username working when the person registers. However when I check back at the actual database, it has not be recorded yet the names have. Why?
Reply 50
Send me a copy of your database and I will have a look - PM me for how to. Provided you don't object to my posting a comment on the error if it might be helpful to others
Reply 51
Original post by cfrench
Send me a copy of your database and I will have a look - PM me for how to. Provided you don't object to my posting a comment on the error if it might be helpful to others

hey can u guys upload it here so that we can download !!
Anyone is having datafiles of this practical??
Reply 53
Original post by Gorgeous devil
Anyone is having datafiles of this practical??

Won't be out until we get in the exam im afraid!
Reply 54
Anyone else who is struggling with this Unit I highly recommend purchasing cfrench's guide. Fantastic!
Confusing guide is confusing. Thorough I'll give you that dude, but maaan I don't think I'd be able to build that in ten hours even if I had the guide beside me xD I'll just try get as many marks as poss I guess, we're doing it 3-3-4 in terms of hours so I'll try get Activity 1+2 done on monday, then 3 and some of 4 tuesday, then finish it all wednesday. Good luck to everyone anyways! And for those that don't know, our teacher told us the grade boundaries will roughly be:

•A 67/90
•B 58/90
•C 49/90
•D 41/90
•E 33/90

Which is fairly reasonable! Although on reflection if it's working with other standard perecentages then it should be really be:

A - 72/90 = 80%
B - 63/90 = 70%
C - 54/90 = 60%
D - 45/90 = 50%
E - 36/90 = 40%
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 56
Anyone who's felt raped and tortured by the subject is most welcome to join the following Facebook fanpage:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applied-ICT-ruined-my-life/219743658038141

Please spread the word...this subject has literally tortured us!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tajmahal
Anyone who's felt raped and tortured by the subject is most welcome to join the following Facebook fanpage:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...19743658038141

Please spread the word...this subject has literally tortured us!!

The link is not available =\
Reply 58
Original post by Gorgeous devil
The link is not available =\

Search for "Applied ICT ruined my life" :tongue:
Original post by tajmahal
Search for "Applied ICT ruined my life" :tongue:

Lol Okayy .. Btw r yw doing this exam in junee???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending