The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JulietAlphaGolf
Good luck! what course?

Biochemistry ^^, what about you?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 3161
Hey Guys, Grats on all the offers XD

Im going to be applying to UCL this year For MEng Chemical Engineering and i was wondering what are chances of getting an offer.

My AS grades are AABC ( A Maths A Chem B biology C Psychology) - Predicted A*AA. What u think ???
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by zaka6800
Hey Guys, Grats on all the offers XD

Im going to be applying to UCL this year For MEng Chemical Engineering and i was wondering what are chances of getting an offer.

My AS grades are AABC ( A Maths A Chem B biology C Psychology) - Predicted A*AA. What u think ???

I applied with exactly the same AS grades and predicted grades and got an offer :smile:. I'm sure you'll be fine!
Reply 3163
Original post by user1111
I applied with exactly the same AS grades and predicted grades and got an offer :smile:. I'm sure you'll be fine!

XD Thanks; What Course did u get an offer for ?
Original post by zaka6800
XD Thanks; What Course did u get an offer for ?

Meng Chemical Engineering.
Reply 3165
Original post by xch
Hey If any of you have done the IB and have gotten offers for any engineering program could you please tell me what offers you got?? and if you like your predicted grades? thanks alot! (you can send me a PM)

The offer was 665 (Math,Chem,Bio) and 36 for MEng Chem Eng. What about you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3166
Original post by homer6
665 (Math,Chem,Bio) and 36 for MEng Chem Eng. What about you?

Well I am thinking of applying there next year for chem eng or EEE and i think I will be predicted 37 without bonus with 6,6,6 on HL chem maths and phy, you tihnk I got a chance to get accepted??
Original post by Poobington
How far off a 1 were you in Spanish, if it wasn't by very much I think they may turn a blind eye.

You won't get in unless you repeat and get a 1.
Reply 3168
Original post by _BANKSY_
You won't get in unless you repeat and get a 1.

I called the department and they said to me that it depends on how many places will be vacant in August. So there's a chance.
Reply 3169
Original post by xch
Well I am thinking of applying there next year for chem eng or EEE and i think I will be predicted 37 without bonus with 6,6,6 on HL chem maths and phy, you tihnk I got a chance to get accepted??

Yes, I don't see why not. I was predicted higher than the requirements but I think your grades should be sufficient given that you write a good personal statement and have a few extra curricular activities.
Original post by EcstaticMuse
Greetings, potential applicants!

It may be early in the application process but I thought we'd get this up and running! :biggrin:

I, for one, am very anxious about applying and it'd be great to talk to other applicants to UCL! So, you guys know the drill:

Username:
Course:
Planned Entry: (either 2011 or 2012, if applying for deferred entry)

I'll start!

Username: Ecstatic Muse
Course: Scandinavian Studies/History of Art
Planned Entry: Fall 2011

So, post away, everyone! I'll start making a list once we get up and running. :yep:

I'll add you to the list if you post info below unless you specify that you do not want to be added to the list. Thanks! :smile:

Applicants 2011

Spoiler

Please keep in mind that this is only an applicants thread. If someone wants to start a UCL Decisions thread, feel free to! :biggrin: Also, unless a post is made in the general format for the list, I probably won't spot it so if your name isn't on here and you'd like it to be, just send me a PM or quote me in the thread and let me know! :smile:

Pg. 95

Username: LoopyLuna
Course: Russian and History
Planned Entry: 2011

It may be early in the application process but I thought we'd get this up and running! :biggrin:

I, for one, am very anxious about applying and it'd be great to talk to other applicants to UCL! So, you guys know the drill:

Username:
Course:

I'll start!

So, post away, everyone! I'll start making a list once we get up and running. :yep:

I'll add you to the list if you post info below unless you specify that you do not want to be added to the list. Thanks! :smile:

Applicants 2011

Spoiler

Please keep in mind that this is only an applicants thread. If someone wants to start a UCL Decisions thread, feel free to! :biggrin: Also, unless a post is made in the general format for the list, I probably won't spot it so if your name isn't on here and you'd like it to be, just send me a PM or quote me in the thread and let me know! :smile:

Pg. 95

Username: Poobington
Course: Project Management for Construction

Username:
Course:

I'll start!

Applicants 2011

Spoiler

Pg. 95

Username:TheRockMaster
Course: Earth Science

Username:
Course:

I'll start!

Applicants 2011

Spoiler

Pg. 95

Username: Dark Alukard
Course: Scandinavian Computer Science

Username:
Course:

I'll start!

Applicants 2011

Spoiler

Pg. 95

Username : user1111
Course: Chemical Engineering
Year of Entry: 2011

Reply 3175

Username:
Course:

I'll start!

Applicants 2011

Spoiler

Pg. 95

Username: Nuba
Course: Chemistry BSc
Planned entry: 2011
Name: Spannerhawk
Course: BA History (SSEES)
Planned entry: Sept 2011
Hey guys

I needed some help/confirmation

Ill be receiving £4988 for maintenance loan next year for UCL living out

Will this be enough to get by? What sort of cuts will i be looking to do and any tips?

Many Thanks and help meee! :biggrin:
Original post by JulietAlphaGolf
Hey guys

I needed some help/confirmation

Ill be receiving £4988 for maintenance loan next year for UCL living out

Will this be enough to get by? What sort of cuts will i be looking to do and any tips?

Many Thanks and help meee! :biggrin:

Well accomodation will be approximately £4000 so you'll have ~£1000 left over.
Reply 3179
Original post by Ultimate1
Well accomodation will be approximately £4000 so you'll have ~£1000 left over.

not necessarily
my accommodation costs over £6000

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending